Facebook would quit Libra, if US regulators didn’t approve it

Facebook would quit Libra if the project is not backed by US regulators, said Marc Zuckerberg in a hearing of the House Financial Services Committee on Wednesday.

When a congressman asked Facebook CEO and founder what will happen if the Libra Association decided to launch the proposed cryptocurrency without the US regulators’ approval, Zuckerberg said that the company would pull out of the association.

Similarly, Zuckerberg committed to preventing anonymous use of the Calibra wallet, the Facebook subsidiary developing a wallet for Libra, as congressmen expressed concerns that anonymous wallets may be a new loophole for criminals looking to hide money.

Interesting! Well actually this is a good news for the Bitcoin, i think we will have some uptrend boom for it, it’s nice time for buy bitcoins

1 Like

That’s a crazy admission. But I don’t see Libra getting off the ground if not backed by the US regulators anyway. So maybe that’s not a bold claim to make really.

I hope US regulators will stand against anything Mark Zuckerberg stands for. And vice versa.

I am now just curious whether Libra would even happen.

And they really have to do that at least in Europe cause it’s already prohibited there basically by any means here anyway. Can we really know it will be done in US ? Highly probably and Trump could be done something with that matter!

1 Like

You were correct :smiley: