Fail EA's! i did it all in python but need advice on how to monetize my system

Hey Dudes and ChickyBabes!!!

My First post so please excuse the rant. It had a whole bunch of awesome gifs but im not allowed to play with images yet.

So I recently had a bit of time on my hands and sat down with pen and paper and designed a program to always win on a trade…Cos I like wanna help the world and stuff and build a massive laser in space which blows up whaling ships.

Took me awhile to code it a few months later and had to learn some new stuff which is always cool and now i would like to learn some more.

Basically my system makes money - quickly - but uses FX data from XE.com which ain’t no good. The Data is bad…(Mid Market Rates)

I have taken a quick 2-3 day look and done some tutorials with MQL5 and feel like smashing the computer and every robot ever made with a sack of baby computers.

Even tho i know how to use C++ and a bunch of other languages. I :heart: Python

Anyway all i need is this…

Someone I can trade with that offer leverages between 1/1 and 1/500 and low initial deposit maybe $100-$500 USD.

Have real-time and historical data and the opportunity to trade at intervals below 1 minute.

Be able to get personal account balance and other personal data programatically.

Be able to send buy and sell orders from python to their server.

Trade weird currency pairs.

Also trade digital currencies/stocks/metals etc if i so please.

Be safe and not like hosted in dodgy ass parts of the world or ask me to install stuff which has system access like some of the things seen on this site, "Give this code administrator access by..." when it could be doing anything.

So far I have found PyZMQ and ZeroMQ to speak to MT4/5 and oh my god are they just brilliantly hard to install and get a simple hello world from a server. And i dont feel like recompiling your code or checking your .dlls to make sure you aint hacking me.

Once again MQL5…Dude i really dont feel like reading your 4000pg pdf which has no beginner intermediate advanced tutorials and is just like this weird clickbait link trap that confused the hell out of you.

I can code, I can design, Im more than happy to learn an entirely new language, but if there are still no tutorials on how to utilize and troubleshoot your huge amount of code im gonna look for other options.

Getdata
MYCODEDOESSTUFF.py
Buy or Sell

Repeat

Seems pretty basic to me any different ideas would be hugely appreciated… Ill buy you an Island One Day::loudspeaker::loudspeaker::loudspeaker::loudspeaker::island::island::island::island: The code is that good.

Anyway hopefully see you coldchillin in the heat someday!!

@YarlyYarls The cTrader Platform uses C# with API Reference and and Programmer’s guide links found below.

cTDN | cAlgo.API | API Programmers Guides

There is a lot of coded Indicators and cBots readily available within the site.

Hope this is a possible alternative…

2 Likes

Yeah I never really took a good look at it because the only broker i could find in NZ had horrendous attitude towards leverage and wanted me to sign over up $250000 worth of assets in the event of a loss. I think that was for a minimum of $500 deposit. And i had to trade with leverage, sure its easier to make money but also easier to lose…A lot, Thanks for reminding me, i remember there was something very attractive about them or the platform so I shall take a very close look tomorrow.

Have you tried Oanda? They offer a python API that you can use to trade. Not sure how exotic you need and it doesn’t trade stocks and stuff but it should be able to trade traditional fx pairs pretty easily

You can check in mql5 website for this broker that provide python api for your EA. There is a lot of forex broker there.