Failing to plan is Planning to fail

One of the most important things I emphasize to the mentees is to only trade when they see a set up.

Its either there or not there.

If you start having doubts then its time to step away.

This eliminates the need for unplanned trades and impulsive trades.

If there are doubts, there are ways to clear them. So, traders shouldn’t step away rather I would suggest them stick to learning.

1 Like

Emphasizing the importance of trading only when a clear setup is present helps mentees maintain discipline and avoid impulsive, unplanned trades. If doubts arise, stepping away from the market ensures they make informed decisions based on their trading strategy, leading to better overall trading outcomes.

2 Likes

Without proper planning, it becomes challenging to achieve objectives and navigate through potential obstacles effectively.

1 Like

If you don’t have a plan which tells you the right thing to do at the right time, then you will be doing what might be the wrong thing at the wrong time. But you won’t even know.

Now, you can say after the event that this was bad luck, or even that the broker scammed you, but in your heart you know the truth… ou decided to trade without a plan and as soon as you did that, you had lost.

PS. A plan is more than a dream.

Yes bro you are right! But in most of the cases, it is seen that traders have set their objectives but lack of knowledge is working as a bar to achieve the goal.

If you have doubt trading can be challenging and may impact your decision-making process. It is necessary to have a clear trading plan before entering the market.

1 Like

Waiting for a valid setup and stepping away when in doubt helps traders stay focused, patient, and less susceptible to emotional trading, leading to more consistent and controlled trading results.

1 Like

I like the header of this branch. It’s a dead-on statement, as whenever everything boils down to the trading plan, folks usually violate the setups and act whatever they feel, however, trading is all about rationality and logic.
That is why creating a plan is a mandatory step alongside devising the strategy which will serve as an irreplaceable thign to analyze the charts correctly.
And, as it’s underlined, noncompliance with the plan leads to failures.

1 Like

I think don’t just step away rather try to take a concrete step to go further and it’s my thought.

Exactly! Having a plan is like having a roadmap in trading which is crucial for chart analysis and steering clear of the chaos. Wise advice! :+1:

1 Like

Second that! Not having a plan in trading is like sailing without a compass. A robust trading plan should include clear entry and exit points, risk management strategies, and a comprehensive analysis of the market conditions.

Based on my own experience, not planning in forex is like asking for trouble. Planning is the key to doing well and avoiding mistakes.

You need to trade only according to your trading strategy. This is a systematic approach to trading, when you make transactions according to certain conditions and rules. You know when to enter the market and when to wait, where to put a stop loss and where to take profit and with what lot to enter the market in order to comply with the rules of money management. Without such an approach, trading will turn into a game of luck and will be unprofitable.

1 Like