Fall into the gap

Wow, doing my setups today and I can’t remember seeing so many gaps over the weekend (July 7th 2024). I wanna ask, how many of you guys try to close positions by end of day, or at least Friday?

1 Like

I would love to answer your questions but I did not have any open positions at the time

By the end of the day, always. I didn’t hold overnight at all during the last decade. I occasionally did, long ago, but I sleep much better, this way.

(I can’t decide whether the post above this is serious or ironic?!).

2 Likes

…but yeah, I can see how one could sleep better

I close trading on Friday

2 Likes

No trades on the weekend, only crypto if I see a decent entry.

1 Like

Before deciding to close positions over the weekend, I would like to have in my hand some statistical analysis of the results of my chosen strategy, closing v’s holding.

Remember that there is upside risk as well as downside.

1 Like

It only depends on my SL and my analysis! If I feel a potential structure break, I do close them.

1 Like

LOL you probably mean you stop trading? Or you close your trades, right?

1 Like

I’ll hold over the weekend every now and then, but try to close by Friday afternoon.

1 Like

Closing trades before weekend

I usually try to close my positions by Friday.

2 Likes

Helloooo! :blush: I also try to close my trades on Fridays (unless I’m in a long-term trade following a trend). :thinking: I find that I can’t help but check on my open positions every now and then, and I don’t want that stress during the weekends. :sweat_smile: How about you? Did you happen to leave them over the weekend? :smiley:

I only trade daily charts that are trending and my stops are usually big enough to cope with gaps. Furthermore, my strategy is an open and forget so I don’t bother thinking about a position after it’s opened. I check in occasionally to see how it’s all going. But nothing more. I sometimes forget to even check in on a Monday morning (which is not good, but Mondays are often very slow anyway.

2 Likes

Hey. I would love to have all positions closed by Friday, but if I opened one late in the week and it hasn’t hit my target, then I’ll wait.

Sorry, the above reply was for you.

Yesterday, I faced an even bigger gap on gold. I work with multiple brokers, and with one of them, it was a disaster. None of my pending orders, TPs, or SLs were triggered; all of them were triggered at a different price. I’m going to end my trading with them.

1 Like

So in general you only close trades when they hit SL?

LOL right, totally right jajajaja

Yea I feel you. It is really hard to lose even when you have done everything . use brokers with low gaps, check their chart before you trade with them