FDA clears lab-grown meat for human consumption

Another problem we have with food, Fake food

How Americans Are Tricked Into Buying Fake Food

The food in your kitchen cabinets may not be what it seems. Fraudsters motivated by economic gain secretly infiltrate the global food market through a variety of means, including counterfeits, dilutions, substitution and mislabeling, according to the Global Food Safety Initiative. This may not only harm consumers’ wallets, but it can also put public health and safety at risk. Some estimates say food fraud affects at least 1% of the global food industry at a cost as high as $40 billion a year, according to the FDA.

1 Like

@Falstaff, Sorry to be so late to the party… You’ll never get a response on this post… It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled…

“You can feel the wheels are beginning to fall off the narrative right before our very eyes… And the massive pressure of millions of idiots trying not to admit they were wrong…”

1 Like

I know mate - but sometimes one likes to point out the hypocrisy of a post - to the poster & perhaps to introduce a little cognitive dissonance into their complacency :wink:

Plus of course - these type of posts allow the exceptional reader to express their divergence from the hive mind and we can just make a mental note of those members capable of thought. And whom we could perhaps “file away” under the title “may be worth listening to…” regarding potential future utterances :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

please go into the details of you posting this imagine, the floor is yours

Why have you changed your Avatar to mimic that of @Trendswithbenefits ; ?

so that’s your response to your post. :+1:

Farm grown

The Trouble with Antibiotics

FRONTLINE investigated the widespread use of antibiotics in food animals and whether it was fueling the growing crisis of antibiotic resistance in people.

As I discover more about the ingredients they put in food products and how they process it, I ask myself, “How are we still alive?”

THEY WANT YOU TO CONSUME.

The world of meat substitutes

An ever-increasing proportion of the population describes itself as ‘flexitarian’. But many people can’t imagine giving up meat without some kind of replacement. So it’s no wonder the market for meat alternatives is growing rapidly. “The Great Meat Debate” takes a look behind the scenes of this industry. Traditional meat producers like Rügenwalder Mühle have entered the booming meat-alternative business with plant-based alternatives. Companies like Impossible Foods in Silicon Valley and the Israeli start-up Future Meat use high-tech resources – and hundreds of millions of dollars in investments – to produce real meat in the lab.

Lab-Grown Chicken Can Now Be Sold in the U.S.

For the first time, U.S. regulators approved the sale of chicken made from animal cells, allowing two California companies to offer “lab-grown” meat to the nation’s restaurant tables and eventually, supermarket shelves.