Robopip is BabyPips.com's newest addition to their list of forex bloggers!
It's about time for all of us to get to know this newcomer!
1. So we’ve established that you’re an alien robot. Aside from being a ‘machine’ – forgive me if that’s inappropriate – how much of an expert are you in mechanical trading systems?
Over the years I have done more back-testing than you can ever imagine. Moving averages, Bollinger Bands, momentum-based systems – you name it and I’ve tested it. While it takes hard work and a lot of time, statistics show that some mechanical systems can truly be profitable.
2. What got you into forex? Is it common in your planet?
Good question, human. It might interest you to know that my people don’t even call it “forex.” In my world, “F-6739” is a sport, much like that thing you do here on planet Earth with two hoops and a ball.
It was my mentor, the great Prime Skypipper, who trained me to master the art of F-6739. He drove me to spot good technical setups and take the trades with no emotion involved. In no time at all, trading without self-doubt became as natural to me as beeping.
3. Speaking of planets, can you please describe your home to us humans?
My planet can never be described in human words. The best I can do is this - imagine a land that is a thousand times more technologically advanced than Cybertron, but still has the tranquility of Pandora and the mystery of Narnia. Now multiply that by a billion and that’s probably the worst city in my galaxy. Yes, that is how magnificent my planet is.
4. Who’s the first FX-Men you first encountered? Can you tell us how that happened? Is this how you got recruited? Did you require a lot of coaxing? What made you say yes to become one of the FX-Men?
There was no coaxing involved. I discovered Earth when me and others of my kind were using our planet’s technologically advanced telescope and saw that this strange world had something similar to “F-6739.” As I’ve said, ““F-6739” is known as forex in your language.
However, we were severely disappointed to find out that humans were prone to losses stemming from EMOTIONS. In our planet, F-6739 has no room for emotions. One of the most important lessons that I have learned in my tradinging the Great Prime Skypipper is that emotions equate to death!
We soon discovered this awesome group of forex specialists, called the FX-men. We took a look at their website, BabyPips.com, and saw their dedication to the forex community. My leaders decided to commission me to go to Earth and join the FX-men to help other traders by teaching them about the opportunities and benefits of mechanical trading. In return I only asked for a mint-condition antique iPhone 4 (these things go for a lot of money in my planet) and a lesson or two on “basketball” from Cyclopip.
5. How do you plan on working with ForexNinja? Can you picture how it would be like working with a human, or in this case, a ninja?
I will be assisting Forex Ninja with handling the Trading System of the Month contest. I plan to evaluate the winning systems to see if they are profitable or not. Working with a ninja might be tiresome, but I will do my best to put up with his shenanigans as long as he doesn’t disappear on me too often.
6. Just like all the traders out there, you also seek the “Holy Grail”. When or how can you claim that you’ve found the Holy Grail?
I believe the "Holy Grail" is something unique to every trader. If a trader can find a system that truly suits his trading personality and provides an appropriate profit-to-risk potential, then that system is that trader’s "Holy Grail."
7. What do you think about us humans and how we go about forex trading? How are we different from your kind?
As I said in my very first blog post, humans have difficulty mastering their emotions.
In my galaxy you could lose thousands of pips and robots would still pat you on the back if you followed your trading plan. Here on Earth, I’ve seen traders lose to good technical setups because they were too scared or too confident about their trade ideas.
8. I’m not sure how familiar you are with our kind, but there’s a movie called ‘Cowboys & Aliens’ that just came out. Thoughts?
Terrible, terrible movie. How can cowboys ever compare to aliens? If my kind were to invade Earth, let’s just say that a lot of stop losses would be hit.
9. We humans are very imaginative. Can you transform into anything, like the Transformers? Or are you related to Wall-E? Do you have a lady-robot in your life?
No, I cannot transform into anything. And no, I am not related to any “Wall-E.” I am a pip-seeking machine. My only concern is to find the Holy Grail and make it rain pips like Big Pippin’ makes it rain paper in the clubs.
There is no Mrs. Robopip. Love entails emotion and in mechanical trading, there is no room for emotion. There is only devotion.