Feedback about new website changes (not the forums)

Thanks for the feedback, @Brucipher.

@Ingot54 We made some changes to the font and wanted to get your feedback. When you have the chance, let us know your thoughts. Thanks!

oops thanks yeah i figured it out right after I postedā€¦lol

The color of light or lime green with white text is hideous and hard on the eyes. I have no desire to even come to this site because of the color scheme. At least give the user a choice to change to a darker theme. I canā€™t believe you all settled on this color scheme! Itā€™s just badā€¦ Itā€™s a really bad/cheap looking site now IMO.

1 Like

Terrible new look. I donā€™t know why but all websites changing same way. grey text and white background. Before it was much, much better and everything was clear to see and find.

1 Like

I agree, the colors are wretched on the eyes.

I agree with @Brucipher. When changes are introduced, people hardly accept them or need time for that, so itā€™s pretty usual that when a website changes, its users sound a bit disappointed. But in this case I think some changes worsened the site. As Brucipher said, now itā€™s hard to find the contents you exactly want. For example, if Iā€™d like to read the London session recap of a specific day, i.e. 25th May, where can I find it? I should go on ā€œnewsā€ and go back untill I find the post among all the other news? Or go to the page dedicated to Pip Diddy and go back until I find what he wrote? With the old site all this was much easier and immediate. The old site was maybe less attractive under the point of view of the design but it was much more tidy, well-ordered. This new one looks cool under the point of view of design, but I find it less functional, more confusedā€¦ perhaps I just have to get used to it, but itā€™s undeniable that some useful (at least in my opinion) functions are not available anymore, and this reflects on the complex usage of the siteā€¦

3 Likes

Well itā€™s just my opinion of course, but I do not think there is a place for pastel colours on a forum which requires rapid reading.

If the effort of reading is taking up the readerā€™s energy and time, then the thought processes are unlikely to be generating new ideas and appropriate or innovative responses.

To be candid, I do not like the grey and pastel lime colour scheme.
Both need to be darkened up to provide decent contrast.

Did anyone consult a colour technologist (if there is such a beastie)?

The written post font needs to be much darker.
The pastel lime with the white font has to go. It makes my eyes flash, and no doubt you risk getting sued if anyone has a seizure (just joking)!

But asking for and getting good feedback is the way to go.
You wonā€™t make all of us happy, but you could end up with a great and very readable experience.

1 Like

In time, I think the grey coloured font will be seen as a fad, and quickly become dated.

A bit like Chamfer board used in outer cladding in house construction in the 1960ā€™s and 1970ā€™s.

Time is of the essence in todayā€™s age, and if I canā€™t read something in 5 seconds, then I am out of there and on to the next thing.

This applies specifically to my email box, but I believe most people donā€™t want to be irritated when trying to read something.

Where are the bloggersā€™ indexes? Canā€™t find anything any more, thereā€™s not enough indexing!

The colours are fine btw. Black background is whatā€™s hard on the eyes, ignore anyone who says white background is bad. They are fools.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, SatchFan. Themes and changing color schemes sitewide is a huge developer undertaking, but we will take a look at supporting such a thing down the road. Currently, our discussion platform, Discourse, doesnā€™t support themes, but it is in their next version release of the software. As for the lime green, that has always been on our company logo color palette. We did lose some other colors, but will look to introduce some more down the road.[quote=ā€œDidachos_FX, post:27, topic:104671ā€]
As Brucipher said, now itā€™s hard to find the contents you exactly want
[/quote]

Thanks for the feedback Brucipher. We hope to release some changes to the homepage and navigation in the coming week to make it easier to find some of that content. Stay tuned for that.

Thanks for the feedback, Ingot54. Weā€™ll see if thereā€™s a chance for darker font in the two areas you mentioned. Iā€™ll definitely take the feedback back to our developer team. Thanks![quote=ā€œmillsaw, post:30, topic:104671ā€]
Where are the bloggersā€™ indexes? Canā€™t find anything any more, thereā€™s not enough indexing!
[/quote]

The new organization of content moves away from the blog-style listing of articles as authors were getting limited in how their articles were categorized. Weā€™ll be making some changes to the site navigation, homepage and potentially category landing pages to make more of the content easily accessible. We have some of those changes coming to you hopefully before the end of the week. Thanks![quote=ā€œDomenPip, post:31, topic:104671ā€]
What was wrong with the previous site that you have to change it?
[/quote]

There were several reasons behind the move to a new design. Some of it related to making room for expanding the content we offer, and making it easier to categorize that content. Another reason was to make it easier to share 3rd party content, from partners who are interesting in sharing their educational articles with our community. A few reasons for the major Forums platform change were support for better security, the ability to make easier front-end and back-end changes for our developers, performance, and control. We were really relying on hardware and software that was past its time, along with frankenstein-like code that really needed a cleanup. And with a move to supporting mobile and tablet devices, a decision had to be made as to whether it could be done economically and without extensive amounts of human resources and time. So rather than trying to work with the existing code and infrastructure, and clean slate was the best approach. Weā€™re really happy with the outcome, and we still have more things in store. We know this is a huge change with a bit of a learning curve, but feel the new features, mobile support and new Forums will add to the experience. Weā€™ll gladly take feedback and hopefully get everyone to a place that works for them. Thanks again for all of the feedback.

Hey, My Progress in babypips school has been lost ! I liked it ! Can you do something to get it back ?
Thanks

Hello Rosj99,

Read about your issue here. It will return! Thanks.

I couldnā€™t have said it better, so disappointed in the new version of the siteā€¦it hurts!

Oopsā€¦was replying to Brucipherā€™s post, still newbie on hereā€¦feel like monkey with the gun! :slight_smile:

Marija, Iā€™ve been programming since the 80ā€™s, I know how that monkey feels :slight_smile:

Like all things new it takes awhile, the key is that change must always be for better, not just for the sake of change.

One other little thing Iā€™ve learned since the 80ā€™s - keep it simple, helps us monkeys in the longer term :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello everyone!

I would like to note, in the new form of the site it doesnā€™t keeping the track record of the tests, and the progress as before.

It will be very helpful to add these features

Thank you in advance

Nikos F.

I have found my self now a little confused with the new site look. Is it possible to get back into the old look?

2 Likes

Hi.you really changed a lot of things huh?No more history or past posts for piponomics,pinoculars,economic calendar.its worse for Pipsychology because you completely got rid of him.thingsreally fall apart.

My thoughts exactly, although I am in my thirties. this new design is somewhat weired in reading.