Feedback about new website changes (not the forums)

A lot has changed with the new design and features, and change can be tough. But we’ve worked really hard on the look, feel, navigation and mobile support, that we think you’ll like the new US. But there’s always room for more, so please discuss. Please use this thread to voice your questions, concerns and feedback, but please make it constructive.

Thanks!

5 Likes

Nice and comfort design, more fast then before. Two thumbs for developer !

2 Likes

With all of the cool front-end /UI changes we’ve introduced, there are some things that we are retiring temporarily and permanently.

Temporarily retired

• Broker Guide and Comparison tool - these are getting a fresh coat of paint and should return fairly soon

• School progress tracking - the School had a major redesign. Progress tracking was removed as we focused on design.
    The tracking component will be a followup redesign, both internally and externally.

• Quiz score tracking and history - we’ve got the calculations happening behind the scenes, but the front-end design needs some more attention.

• RSS Feed support - due to the lack of use by our members and resources needed to support this feature on-site and off-site, we stopped supporting this. For the time being, no plans to support this in the future.

Permanently retired

• Quizzes in the Forums - these are now located outside of the Forums, under Education and directly embedded in the School at the end of each lesson.

• Android and iOS/Apple mobile apps - Now that we’re mobile friendly, no need for a separate app. Simply use your mobile device’s web browser to access our site.

This list will be updated with any other changes we’ve missed.

Thanks for the feedback, @chresrond! Our dev team will be excited to hear that.

Hi Pipstradamus
I don’t visit as much these days - even had to reset password to post this.
Just some feedback that you might be able to use:

Is it possible to add user preferences to colours, font, and so on, so that the appearance of the forum is more readable to the user?

For myself, I am finding the font to be great - very clear, though a little small for my old eyes these days :slight_smile: I overcome that by hitting “Ctrl +” and get the perfect sizing for me personally.

The main thing (again, for me) is the colour scheme.

I guess I was so used to the other one, that I am finding this current scheme to lack enough contrast for me to read it quickly. I am finding that I have to follow almost every word now, instead of speed reading at a glance as was the possibility with original format.

It could be overcome by user settings choices, that allow font to be darker, or at least thicker.
To my eyes, having any font lighter than black, against a light background, causes me to struggle to get through the topics as quickly as I would like.

However - that’s just a personal finding.

Congrats on having the courage to step out and step up.
Changes come hard sometimes, and I wish you every success with the new format.
Cheers
Ingot54

1 Like

Hello, Pipstradamus,
the new website looks very good. I like it.
I just have one concern: is there still the possibility to receive the posts of bloggers (i.e. chart art from Big Pippin, forex session recaps from Pip Diddy or analysis from Forex Gump) as RSS feeds?
I haven’t received them today because of the change to the new website and I’d like to know if it’s just temporary or if they will not be available anymore. I’d be very disappointed in this second case, since I think that receiving them as RSS feed is very comfortable and useful instead of coming here to look for them, and I hope not to be the only one who thinks this.
Let me know, please.
Thank you!

Hi Pipstradamus,

I think it looks fine so far.

My only comment is that the background colour of a quoted text in a post is almost the same as for the new text. It is not easy to immediately recognise what is the quoted bit and what is the new, response - at least on my screen.

1 Like

Hi Pipstradamus,

Awesome website - keep up the good work!

I am reading the School of Pipsology and noticed, that some links that go to Forexpedia return error 404 when I click on them. Example page: Forex Market Size and Liquidity - BabyPips.com when I click on ‘Over the Counter’ link: Over The Counter Definition | Forex Glossary by BabyPips.com I receive error 404.

I apologize for bad URL formatting, but apparently new users can’t post links.

All my school marks has gone. This is so annoying.
Have they been stored somewhere?

sorry but don’t like the new updated site, it is true that is faster but it is a bit complicated to navigate sorry…dont even know how to post charts pictures anymore…unless I figure it out quick I am afraid I will stop with my posts
cheers
fxpirana

2 Likes

The update is so cool, but im getting soooo confused, everything has changed.

1 Like

Hi fxpirana,You can upload pictures etc from your device direct from the menu bar at the top of the dialog box using this button:

Hello Pipstradamus,
since RSS Feed won’t be supported anymore because was used by few members and requested a lot of resources, do you think you could replace it with something like a sort of newsletter? I mean, if someone wants to follow a certain author (blogger), he could subscribe that author’s newsletter and receive the contents he writes or just the link to the page. Would this be simpler to manage in terms of resources?
Thank you.

Hello @Ingot54, thanks for the feedback.

As of right now, we don’t have color/font/appearance personalization, but that’s on our list to research further. “Themes” are supported, but we could make some of the changes you’ve requested sitewide. The issue for you is obviously usability, so that’s important to us. But it’s not a simple fix at the moment, as we know have to consider spacing issues, margins, and what happens to page on mobile when such a change is made. We’ll do some testing to see what we can do about the font size and color. Thanks again!

Hello @Didachos_FX[quote=“Didachos_FX, post:6, topic:104671”]
I just have one concern: is there still the possibility to receive the posts of bloggers as RSS feeds?
[/quote]
At present, we’re not supporting RSS feeds as you’ve found out. We just didn’t have that many users utilizing the feature. We don’t have plans to bring it back right now, but if there is enough demand from the community, we will look into bringing it back. RSS feeds can definitely help to bring the content right to you, so we understand your frustrations. Again, we’ll keep an eye on the feedback we receive. Thanks!

Hey @anon46773462[quote=“Manxx, post:7, topic:104671”]
My only comment is that the background colour of a quoted text in a post is almost the same as for the new text.
[/quote]

Thanks for the feedback. I’ll take your feedback to our developer team for review. I think this could be easily solved, but let me hear from them. Thanks!

Hello @solidgains. Thanks for the feedback! We’re worked very hard on the new website. Your issue appears to be a bug. We’ll get that sorted out quickly. Thanks!

Hello @Niklas1. Thanks for the feedback.

This is one of the missing items we knew many members might be upset about. The issue with releasing it was the complexity of the feature itself and how it integrated with the design. Given our window to get this new site out to you all, we couldn’t squeeze it in. It’s on our to-do list. I can’t be certain whether your old history will transfer over, however. I know it’s still stored, but I will have to check with the developer team. The old system and new system are completely different. Thanks again for your feedback.

Hey @salafiefex. Change can be tough, we totally get that. But change can also be good! Embrace the changes! We think the experience will be so much better. Not just in the Forum, but sitewide.

Hey again @anon46773462. Thanks for the help. That’s correct. Just like vBulletin, you can still upload images and files. You just need to get used to the new editor toolbar!

Thanks again to you all for your feedback.

1 Like

PROS: Aesthetically, it looks great; much better than before.

CONS: Getting around might take some getting used to. The one thing I am upset/saddened/frustrated about is I can’t remember where I left off in the latter part of the School of Pipology. So close to graduation!! :cry:

1 Like

Hello headqters,

Thanks for the feedback. We too think the new design is fresher, cleaner, and definitely more modern. Regarding the School progress, that was our biggest disappointment too, not being able to bring that over with this release. The giant menu and code necessary to track your progress would have required so much more time to get this version of the website out. Since the ENTIRE website became mobile friendly, we didn’t want to release a feature that only worked for half (desktop versus mobile). Plus, designing for mobile introduces a whole other set of challenges. We pushed out our deadline a few times, and then came to the point where it just couldn’t be included. Bringing the progress tracking is something we want to bring back however. Thanks again for your feedback.

Sorry but i really don’t like it. The original light hearted cartoon look was what set your site apart from every other trading site and made it more accessible for newcomers. The images made it easier to use in a magazine style. Now it just looks bland and it plastered with hundreds of adverts. Also it’s now hard to tell who has written each blog and when your favourite blogger has added a new post. The school of p page is also much less readable and harder to engage with. Sorry. Change is good. But this just feels like all the heart soul and creativity of the site has been taken away.

7 Likes

Really really disappointed that I can no longer save & update my progress throughout the school, is there any chance of that feature coming back please?!

IKR! But they mentioned they’ll try to bring it back soon. In the meantime, you can bookmark the last topic you’ve read. :book:

1 Like

This feature is returning. We just couldn’t fit it into our initial release. Rest assured, you’ll have that back soon. Thanks for the feedback!