Fill in the Blank: "When a Trade Goes Against Me, I ________."

While you might do something differently depending on the situation, what is the most likely thing you’ll be doing when you realize you have a losing trade?

Fill in the blank: “When a trade goes against me I ___________.”

Personally, I stay calm because we got stop losses set up!

5 Likes
  1. Stay calm. It has happened, it is in the past, you cannot change it.
  2. Figure out why it happened. Not everything has an obvious answer and sometimes the answer is “don’t know”.
  3. Figure out if I could have spotted it before I placed the trade. Did I miss something etc?
  4. Move on to the next trade.
4 Likes

I do nothing

3 Likes

When a trade goes against me, I stay focused and stick to my trading plan.

5 Likes

Try to see where I went wrong and move on to the next trade. :blush:

1 Like

When a trade goes against me I suck it up and move on.

1 Like

When a trade goes against me, I stay calm and reassess the situation.

1 Like

When a trade goes against me, I feel disappointed and frustrated.
I keep waiting to see if it goes positive or not and if I lose it I try to do something else and unfortunately I don’ trade for some days.

1 Like

When a trade goes against me I assess the situation objectively and determine whether to adjust my position or exit the trade or hold on to my position based on my trading strategy and risk management plan

2 Likes

I look for learning opps. I like the quote on Babypips about how a loss is like a good friend who tells you the truth, even when it’s painful.

Another: “experience is what you get when you don’t get what you want.”

3 Likes

Everyone talking emotions and feelings, but no one is saying something concrete or what they actively do.
I for one start scaling out at key levels I mapped on my chart, up until I close the whole trade.
The reverse also applies, if the trade starts going my way again, I re-add at around the same key levels, depending on the trend strength and volume.

4 Likes

i enter again exactly where my SL hits, and scalp my losses, YOUR SL is where institutions Profit from. This is real SMC

2 Likes

Hi @ShojinRyori , @Schogetten , @zdshk :slight_smile: maybe it is time to introduce yourself ? :slight_smile: @Schogetten I wrote what I do when a trade goes against me, check my second post in topic. @zdshk do you know that you can set SL “outside” SMC range? Regards Greg

1 Like

I belong to this category. Absolutely nothing.

1 Like

Do nothing.

1 Like

Great quotes!

“I move on to the next one”.

1 Like

you can do nothing.

2 Likes

Depending on the day, I could either do nothing OR move my stop loss, it doesn’t matter which way because the market will find a way to against it lol. Seriously though, I’ve been working on getting better at sticking to whatever my trade plan is. It’s a struggle but I think I’m way better than when I first started.

1 Like

When a trade goes against me I’m gonna do the opposite trade and keep a close watch on both of them, so I can close at the right time and hopefully not lose too much, or maybe even make some money. :sunglasses: