Finding Consistency

Good guess xD. Not saying to you wrong per say. What you just listed are reasons that impact the direct thing that moves the market. That is… Money! Money is the only thing that moves the market. Although the money put in the market and taken out of the market is done so by various reasons (some of the reasons you posted above,) the money itself is the only thing that moves the market ;). Took me forever to figure that out.

Hello PipNRoll,

thank you for your message; yes, I have nothing but praise for you… You better get used to it…

Does that make sense? Mathematically I can prove this, however, i’m certain that you are uninterested. This is why most systems have failure rates because they find patterns in the “symptoms” of the money, rather than the “cause” the money itself xD

Well, you edited your reply so I took my “like” back…lol

Yes, it could be one of the reason is money… but why? I didnt see any logic behind it aside from “money”…maybe if you could explain a little bit more what you mean by that… that will be great!

I am doing good thanks!

I took a long break from trading. Sometime a step back is needed. To see things better. To recharge the battery. To find a new better way. :slight_smile:

Yep, I agree… Well, Welcome back…good to see you again!

Money doesn’t move anything itself. It is the people that hold that money that move the money and the market.

Also you don’t need a perfect system to get rich. It is enough 9 net winning trades or maybe even less:

Rags to Riches in 10 or 20 Trades - Simplicity at its finest @ Forex Factory

Here is a simple example for you. You like news and whatnot. What happens when the interest rate comes out and its better than expected? Like a lot better than expected… Volume spikes, Price jumps up 40 pips in a matter of a few minutes (just an example, yet this happens quite frequently). Keyword, Volume spikes! What is volume? Volume is commonly referred to as “trading activity.” What is trading activity? The act of buying and selling a particular currency pair. What do you have to do to buy or sell something? Deposit money into the market in one form of one currency or another! So the underlying cause the market moves is because people buy and sell the currency we trade in the market! Makes complete logic sense am I right? Otherwise If we didn’t buy or sell anything price wouldn’t move! This is evident during “dead periods” of the day. Very low volume, and typically very small movement! There are times volume can be extremely low and yet the market can make a fairly decent move… This happens because there are more buyers or sellers during that particular minute or whatever. Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Oh and I wish there was a dislike button lol. I would probably have a thousand of those! hehe

Unfortunately I do not agree with you on this particular answer. Money is directional in the currency market. Therefore money does actually move the market! also for the reasons posted above I believe my answer is still valid.

I have no problem with that! :slight_smile:

If I understand what you wrote, you actualy explain the fundamental factor of what drives the market in terms of news… Money is just an exchange for buying and selling but not what drives it. Without the high impact news, there is no money (or little money) to be made… am I understanding you correctly?

Those results are very impressive. I like how the markets can be traded in so many different ways. I definitely stay away from news or discretionary trading, so it’s fascinating to see someone else’s perspective. :slight_smile: Good luck!

Maybe the best quote I’ve seen on this forum ever!!

I notice that Leg0nd specifically doesn’t say he is going to try and get back his losses, his first aim is to go back ‘where he started’ - huge difference, reflective of the above quote. The ‘loss’ is no longer his, it belongs only to the past and there is where he has learned from it and binned it.

I think you are actually starting to get what I meant xD. Take the news off your statement and bingo! Money is the fundamental factor that drives the market regardless of what happens in the outside world. I used news as an example for you because I know you like to trade the news as whatnot based off your first post. Without people the market would not move correct, but the actual force that moves the market (with the people as the driver of this force of course) is the money itself :wink:

Just one thing: there is nothing wrong with admitting that you are trying to make money back, so whether you call it ‘getting back your losses’ after a bad trading streak, or just ‘making profits’, you are effectively regaining those pips… Just because you are engaging in rebuilding your account by erasing those former losses, it does not per se make you a deranged ‘revenge’ trader! Quite the contrary: any business person needs to be aware of their losses, and how to counteract them with profits, and come out in the money over the chosen period (e.g. the financial year)… Just a thought.

Yep, there are so many ways we could trade the market and it is so confusing at times to the point that it is difficult to pick which strategy you should or should not use. There are so many rules that you think you should follow. At the end of the day, did you come out in profit or at a lost? If in profit, can you do it again consistently and is it sustainable?.. Thats what I wanna know…

Haha… Oh please… you are just being nice to me… Thanks!

PipNRoll, more pearls of wisdom from you, coming our way!

If only we could have had you as our mentor (mentoress?) from day one, we

could have all saved ourselves so much heart-ache…

As you say, it is very much a huge, almost paralysing variety of options presented

to the newbie trader: which system? Which tools? Which broker? Which R/R ratio?

The questions just keep coming and the markets could not give two hoots about

our moral and emotional dilemmas… In the end, as you say, all that matters is

that you are profitable, and consistently so…

Lol. I wasn’t being nice silly! haha. I was just having rather intelligent conversation :). You are pretty bright so it was fun! It is those theories I was discussing with you that are the foundations of my entire trading plan. Every concept builds on top of each other like stories do in a skyscraper lol. My theories on the market are much different than those around me only because I am more interested in what the “money” has to say in the patterns it portrays, rather than what the people behind the money have to say or what there reasons are. But I love to see what others trading styles are just to see the vast possibility in the market itself. What I do is rather experimental of course, but I have had some pretty nice win streaks trading a few of the concepts I have since built on from the past, not to mention the last month of success I have had xD. Not quite like yours but still decent nonetheless.

Only 2:45 minutes until open! XD I can’t wait! Interesting fact… I watched this video about FX and this guy was telling me 80-85% of the money put into FX is strictly for business not for profit… The remaining percent represents us spot traders xD. Pretty interesting if that’s the case. We only competing against 15% of the market to take the 85% of profits :slight_smile: