Finding Consistency

Okay fine… you got my “like” back…thanks!

Some years ago I experienced a loss in the market, the numbers are not important, what was important for me was how I dealt with it.

It took a while, after much soul searching it dawned on me that this loss was not ‘mine’, I no longer ‘owned’ it, it was past, I had learned from it and I decided to move forward.

Had I been trying to claw back the loss then I know I could never have let go of the ownership, it would have remained mine and would have continued to exert it’s negative influence over my life.

It so happened that in a couple of years a completely different investment recouped double the losses, this was NOT my doing, it was a result of my letting go of the past.

A good business person is always aware of losses, but like John Chen of Blackberry and Leg0nd, you focus not on the loss, but on the positive ahead. :slight_smile:

BBC News - Blackberry reports $5.9bn annual loss

I look forward to your posts man, like I said you are my favorite FX Honorary Members so far! The wisdom you share is very encouraging! I agree, I am aware my account is negative, but I have lost all connection to that money and look at today like a new clean slate. I see my 1k as a donation to the FX market for the priceless amount of knowledge it has bestowed upon me. Keep up the posts, I will be following regularly! I’m going to look up that blackberry guy, seems like an interesting story.

I am not taking any trades today or tomorrow…

I will start over again in April as new month begins… Have a great trading to all!

[B]Rinse, Repeat, and Keep what you have[/B] :wink:

[QUOTE=“PipNRoll;616568”]I am not taking any trades today or tomorrow… I will start over again in April as new month begins… Have a great trading to all! Rinse, Repeat, and Keep what you have ;)[/QUOTE]

XD. Turned this thread into a trade journal I see? March has been a great month! It’s going to be fun to see how you perform in April, no pressure. :slight_smile:

Is that even a threat? You can do better than that… See how you come out and turn yours in a green…nooo pressure :wink: lol

Lol, I have hazel eyes, most of the time they are green, I likes green, money is green right? lol. Besides, It’s easier to scroll back through the pages and see the strings of wins or losses depending on the color xD. Let’s have a little challenge. Whoever ends up green in April wins :), Doesn’t matter if its .0001% or 500%. If we both end up green it carries on to the next month until one of us loses. Helps us focus on consistency right? Sounds fun to me :slight_smile:

I like that challenge :)…As long as we are in a green, sounds good to me. Maybe anybody else wants to join in. It’s a good practice of consistency :wink: great! Looking forward to it!!

This is the right forum for it :wink: within no time every guy on fx is going to try and “sign up” lol.

Count me in. I may cheat a little as I have two strategies. :57:

This should be great! Gathering the best traders from the forum and testing their consistency over a month or longer depending on how it goes xD. So far 3 are in.

Hey me too. I’ve never had a problem with Gain capital (Forex.com) No spikes etc on MT4.

You know I will keep posting my update & vids on my threads:

http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/63382-slingshot-strategy-revisited.html
http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/64708-turtle-strategy-live-account-test.html

and obviously here once a month. Keeps it interesting.

Looser buys a round of pips. :21:

Good stuff. Will be sure to post monthly updates as In this thread as well. I wonder who else is going to “sign up.” A little competition is good motivation

Awesome! Yea, I like them a lot… Anyway, I have been trying to fix this myfxbook since January about the “Track Record not Verified” and “Trading Privileges Not Verified”. It seems like I needed an investor password or something like that but when I asked the Customer Service in Forex.com they said they dont issue one…Do I really need that investor password to have those fixed?

No big deal if you knew or not. No worries…I just thought I should ask. Thanks.

Sorry. I’ve never used myfxbook. Gone straight over my head.

Track record not verified etc? That sounds pretty intense. Two things come to mind. First do you have an mt4 platform installed? If no this could be the reason. You would have to go under the history tab and right click to show all history so mt4 can sync correctly. Second which might actually could be a little scary. Have you ever withdrawn funds from your account? Might want to try this just to make sure your broker is “legit.” I have heard of your broker but I have not looked into them. I know they are not in the top as far as the US goes based off all my prior research when I first opened my account. Anyhow I will do some research for you.

I’m going to keep editing this post as I keep researching… This is so far not a good sign http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?t=173200

This too doesn’t sound good and it’s located here on our forums (well baby pips forums owners of course)

http://forums.babypips.com/forex-brokers/24527-gain-forex-com-charged-fraud-false-reporting-deception-market-making.html

Hi Leg0nd,

Thanks for the tips and for the links! You do not need to do the research, it’s okay… No big deal. It’s just annoys me how those track record not verified etc. doesn’t seem to link into myfxbook. I’ll deal with it…

As far as withdrawing funds, yes I did withdrawn some from my other account to fund this current account with no problem. I have 2 accounts with them. I don’t have any problems with them it’s just the one I ask about and as long as my account is secure it’s okay… Don’t want you to spend and wasting more time with researching this… Thank you for the help :slight_smile:

No worries, do what’s best for you. However if there are lawsuits against the broker (maybe oanda has some too so this may mean nothing)… typically that’s a big red flag. However to each his own. Hopefully you can get all that resolved.