Finding the Right Person

Here’s something I wanted to throw out there for thought and get some feedback. If any of the following situations were to apply to you…

(A) You own a financial company and want to hire a forex trader

(B) You want to hire an individual to trade forex for you, and give him/her your money to invest

© You want to pay an individual for the right to follow him/her at all times so that you could copy every trade and make the exact same trades yourself

(D) You simply want to get more educated on how to earn money in forex by hiring an individual so that you can learn from him/her one-on-one

Which of the above may apply to you? If so, how would you best determine the right person for each of the above situations???

hehe, you gotta excuse me for finding this funny and being suspicious to a degree.
i mean… what… You’re either looking for a job , or You’re pushing your self onto people so you can trade for them, is that right

let me take a crack as this survey

if i ran a financial institutions and wanted to hire a trader.
well first of all i wouldn’t come to babypips hehe that’s the first thing because if i hired someone from here i’d go broke and it’d be my own fault
i would be looking for someone with an economics degree and a history of institutional trading in the finance industry

well this is basically the first question , isn’t it… same thing
or… are you suggesting that i GIVE YOU MONEY TO INVEST
which leads to me to think… well… WHO ARE YOU and why should i invest into you

this makes me think that you are trying to get people hooked onto a trade copier and that you are trying to offer some sort of a service
again… begs the question. how good are you at trading to begin with .
anyone can open a trade copier and rort someone or believe they can trade when they can’t and then lose their money and say sorry

LMFAO, You’re kidding… right
i’ve actually tried this
No one does One on One Training, it just doesn’t happen
but again… are you suggesting that i get one on one training with you LOL

Mate, i’ll tell you what ok
You pass my scrutinizing process and i will instantly refer to you (Free of charge) 3 Individuals who seem to be good people and committed to learning

but, WARNING… You can’t play games with me (so don’t try) ok
if you are full of it, i will find out
but if you are genuine and you can genuinely trade and be profitable or teach them to be profitable that’s fine

but that’s the deal
i won’t refer people to people that i don’t trust can trade. because it then falls on my head.

now your last question

None apply to me
as for how to best determine… if you need to ask, something is wrong.
anyone who is in business knows the answer to this question

so are you phishing
are you looking for a job
are you probing people for information
WHAT ARE YOU DOING ?

1 Like

Dead right Martin.

capper - WTF?

2 Likes

@tommor

hehe
for a second there i was thinking to say , how about if @capper is looking to LEARN (As If :P) How about i take say… $550 per session, and i can teach capper to trade :stuck_out_tongue:

but then i thought Nahh.
because, PUTTING UP AN OFFER LIKE THIS IN FRONT OF THE MODS …"WOULD BE PUSHING IT "

I figured a sign… that said Howard Payne… would be Pushing it hehe

There was a guy on Nick McDonald site that was 100% reliable. He trades no longer for that site. He is the only one I would trust with my money. You can do your own research anyway.

How did the guy on the Nick McDonald site get a 100% record?

Trading off Old charts is one way :relaxed:

You can see it in any TA book

Alternatively you can take lots of live trades and only publish the winners - That’s a good and proven system.

Yep, that would work.

I remember the time before I got into trading. And do you know, during that time I never lost a trade.

1 Like

Wo, Martin… I got up this morning and my notifications were beaming! Holy cow, I obviously got some people riled up a little! That wasn’t my intention quite honestly… Let me explain!

First of all, I have absolutely NO interest or intention of trading for anybody but myself. I mean this sincerely. I say this even though I am formally unemployed and have been for just over 4 months now.
The only thing that has briefly crossed my mind at times is how I could utilize my experience in at a forex broker.

I appreciate you honestly responding to my questions and I wish more people would do so.

See here is where I tend to find your answer interesting. I believe it has some valid points but I was wondering why you wouldn’t have said something like formal education + a proven track record of forex trading either commercially or individually. In my mind, forex is so different from other types of trading, so perhaps an experienced stock broker would not be of much value.

Like I said above, I have no interest in taking anyone’s money to invest! I have enough on my plate trying to trade my own! The ONLY thing that has crossed my mind (perhaps more in my dreams but you never know!) is to some day have a following by paid subscription that would be instantly alerted and see every trade that I open or close. So, each follower could see everything I do but could choose to do anything they want. Why would someone pay for something like that??? Well, people pay for tips on sports wagering and loads of investment support so how would this be different?! In fact, being able to see every move that a successful trader makes might translate into something… If you closely followed every move of a successful trader, I am not sure how you couldn’t benefit in some ways.

As far as my own trading goes – which you asked what my ability is – that’s a great question. It isn’t an easy one to answer on a post. To make a long story short, my best answer would be that I feel I have learned a ton over the past 7+ years I have been trading forex on a serious level. A ton. I have lived through some devastating days, weeks, and months – and I have had great success as well. I look back at where I could have done things differently and it would have made my life so much easier. So, back to your question… I guess I am not sure what a ‘good trader’ is by definition! Let me put it this way… I have toyed with the idea of trading forex full-time - meaning as a full-time job and for it to be my main focus and the way to make a living. However, I have been doing some other work that I enjoy and have a passion for. Also, I have never withdrawn one cent from my forex broker account, and would rather not just yet. Should I wish to become a ‘full-time trader’, then I would have to start withdrawing $$ from my account and I would have to solely rely on my trading income indefinitely.

Once again Martin, I am not interested in taking clients. I am more interested in joining in the forex community, learning from others and passing along some of my experiences and knowledge. To me, sharing one’s trade history will certainly tell you a lot about someone. After all, it tells the honest and full story, even a lot more accurately than the career statistics of a professional athlete! I say this because a professional soccer or hockey player may not have great statistics but his/her value to the team could be much greater. Alternatively, his/her stats could be outstanding but there could be red flags. With forex, it’s very black and white, you live and die with every trade you open and close!

So, to be clear, I am not phishing for a job. I am just trying to open up discussion on some core issues that impact forex traders. With that said, I had a good day of trading! I mentioned in a previous post that I was happy to see the EUR/JPY retract. I see that the CAD/JPY has done the same to some extent but still has a ways to go.

Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss trading – or simply keep it on this thread if it’s public fodder.

hehe
mate, i get that all the time from newbies.

you didn’t get me rifled
i was just talking
but ok explain yourself… explanation is always a good thing

that’s fair enough

and MATE, SO DO I… GOD I GO TO BED EVERY NIGHT AND PRAY TO GOD…
DEAR GOD , PLEASE LET MORE PEOPLE BE HONEST AND STRAIGHT FORWARD WHEN REPLYING ON BABYPIPS
PLEASE LORD, LET THEM NOT TAKE EVERY BLOODY THING PERSONALLY

My prayers never get answered :stuck_out_tongue:

i then finish up with
Our Moderators who art int he server room
Halo’d be thy avatar
They website come, thy moderation will be done on the site as it is in the office

Give us this day our daily awards and forgive us our violations and we forgive those (or at least bloody try to ) who violate against us

Lead us not into forum violations and deliver us from post deletions
A…MEN
HEHEHEHE

but sadly, i never get my wish

Now let me address this…

i suppose firstly, because i’m not a professional institutional trader , I run an I.T. Business, not a brokerage, so i can only assume what i would do

Secondly
this…

IS NOT HOW I TALK
the way i said is how i talk
so maybe it means the same thing… i dont know , but i said what i believed to be true
i hope that gives clarity

Fair enough, but can you see how it could be interpreted that way ?

Mate, you don’t even need to explain why someone would pay for something like that
Seriously, if Justin Bieber’s spit can be sold on ebay for $300 , No explanation is necessary

if stupid people actually believe they are getting something for free when opening a binary trading account hehe
no explanation is necessary

but lets move to the more important point
YOUR DREAM
Mate, why not… Seriously
on the condition that you can ACTUALLY TRADE PROFITABLY , get yourself a trade copier and a few clients and go nuts
or if your service is going to be one where you don’t trade for them , but you charge them to admire you in all your glory hehe and basically manually copy you, and you charge monthly access to that
hey… why not, JUST BE FAIR WITH THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS… that’s all

but more importantly THIS IS NOT THE PLACE TO GATHER YOUR MINIONS hehe if you follow me

YES… IT MIGHT

• Assuming you are a successful trader (AND ONLY YOU KNOW)
  • but also it doesn’t always translate to other people instantly , so there is no guarantee of that

IN SOME WAY… yes you could
but remember this

EXAMPLE
you have 1 Successful trader
you have 10 follower,
9 of them have very bad life habits, Greed, a Gambling mentality, little self control

then these 9 follow the successful trader
RESULT
Trader wins…
9 people lose

you know why ?
because they will always tweak things a little to GET MORE MONEY
this is where they stuff up

so even though the actual learning process is SOMEWHAT BENEFICIAL… yes, of course.
the end result may not be profit
keep that in mind.

maybe you should consider withdrawing ?
maybe when it comes time to withdraw you will learn that nasty lesson that the broker won’t pay you.
all that effort for nothing

mate i constantly test my broker by withdrawing large amounts, then later putting them back in when a good period of time passes
this is how i know my broker will pay me if needed.

ok i can respect that

No ,it’s ok mate
it’s just that this forum gets a lot of BS and scams , that’s all

at the end of the day, if you are doing something, i don’t really care that much
the mods will take action if they need to , i just like to know who’s doing what, that’s all

First, let me say that I am typing this message on my smart phone while on the treadmill! And no, I am not running, only walking LOL!

Martin, I appreciate the response, and see you are well organized in your thoughts. Your candidness is very much appreciated.

Actually, the idea of copying a trader came to mind through an old friend of mine. A retired Pariodontist, he has spent the past several years trading stock options. I paid him a visit a few years ago after meeting him while on vacation many years prior and then staying in touch thereafter. He was wealthy to begin with and after getting divorced with his kids grown, he left the northwest US for Florida. Anyway, he has given me a lot of advice on the stock market and on options over the years. He knows absolutely nothing about forex trading, nor does he claim to.

So, there were times when I wondered about doing options along with him. Or ‘copying’ him so to speak! I never did that, and never asked him about it. But he still gave me lots of tips through the years.

Back to my own FX situation… Like I said before, I have had good times and bad. I would like to think I have learned an awful lot from both! I can say that if I were to close all of my trades right now and walk away, I would be okay with it. Yes, I would have made money but not as much as I am gunning for. So, with my margin level secure, and my continued success and drive, I will keep trading for now.

A couple of things I can share, although I’m sure many of you already know this… To me, one of the toughest things about trading forex is knowing when to close a trade. Do you take your gains or try to get more?! I suppose it mainly boils down to the system you use as well as your goals and wants. As far as the other side of it goes, do you take your losses or risk losing more? Well, one of the reasons that the latter applies less to me is because I seldom use stop-losses! As you go to my next paragraph, I suppose that it explains it! Hence, when I closed those 3 trades in late December that were open for just under 5 years each - and took a loss of about 80k - maybe that will explain the way I work! Is it the right way/safe way to trade? Easy answer. Safe to say that I have made good money in forex because of that way. But I have also lost a lot! There are a lot of tricktricks one can employ when you are on a winning trade. I often put stop losses in at various levels. However, over the yearsbi have learned that it is never a bad thing to take your profits. I find that a very high percentage of the time, if you don’t take your profits, you will end up losing them before long!

I have also found that no matter what trading system you use or style of a trader you are, forex is just like gambling. The more you are willing to risk, the more you can earn. If you don’t risk much, you won’t earn much. Leverage-leverage-Leverage. I still remember those nights sleeping next to my laptop with one eye closed and one eye on the platform!!!

I have also found that creativity can play a big role in one’s trading success. Example: Most of the big news events that impact the forex market happen late in the week, first thing in the morning (here on CST or CDT). So, if you know a certain currency pair might go wild when the news breaks, there are different approaches to try and get ‘a piece of the pie’. I used to watch those candles and try to quickly open trades as those candles exploded, ‘jumping on the bandwagon’ so to speak. Heavy leverage, go for the gusto for a couple minutes or less and then close! Then I started being more patient to see what was going to happen. Then sometimes if one pair was going crazy long, I would place some sell orders so that at a certain level, it would trigger them. The thought process being - what goes up must come down! This is usually the case mind you! It seems quite common that when some economic numbers come out and there is a rise or drop, those pairs usually go back to where they were over the next few hours. So, I started looking for those 100+ pip movements and then profiting on the back swing.

Lots of craziness in this racket. I suppose the scariest being – if you have most or all of your life savings in your forex account – and your margin level creeps down close to the 100% level! A few more pips and it’s game over!

Well, I’ll leave it at that for now…

LOL. Nice going

thank you.

i actually don’t do either
i let the market tell me where my profits will be taken.
i use a Manual Move to Break Even system

Now depending on the instrument , i will have a predetermined distance that i give the trade in which to move. let’s say for the sake of it that it’s 30 pips

so let’s say i enter a BUY trade
i might say open the trade with a stop loss of - 40 pips for arguments sake
when price goes like 20 pips in profit, i will put the stoploss IN PROFIT +1 pip

my trad is now safe

now as price increases to 30 pips in profit, i leave the S/L where it is
when price gets to 40 pips, i move the stop loss up to the +10 pips mark
YOU GET THE IDEA… right

so… when do i get out… well… if i’m always 30 pips trailing , i keep moving my T/P up until price retraces for more than 30 pips and takes out my stop loss

but by that point i am at least 60 pips in profit
so… i let the market decide when it’s going to hit my stop loss and give me money, if it keeps going up and up… I JUST KEEP RIDING IT. I’m happy to sit there for a month and rack in say 1,200 pips if need be

I LET THE MARKET MAKE THAT DECISION
but i understand you point, and trust me, it’s not so hard when you let the market decide.
in saying that i also have short trades that do not run any more than 10 pips
so… that decision is easy and no less than 5 pips
so NOT A HARD CHOICE HERE

i’m not sure what you mean by this…
IF YOU CLARIFY WHAT YOU MEAN HERE, I WILL ANSWER THE QUESTION, i’m sort of confused here.

yes, this is true, because the market has a balance to it

hehe
No it’s not
but, i suppose this depends on your point of view

can i offer a suggestion ?
Perhaps you are losing because YOU ARE CONVINCED IT IS GAMBLING and have accepted the idea that IN GAMBLING YOU HAVE TO LOSE SOMETIME

Let me ask you this aslo

IF IT’S GAMBLING, how is it that i am buying my friend a house FROM NOTHING BUT THE PROFITS FROM FOREX ON HIS LIVE ACCOUNT THAT I GOT HIM TO START WITH $1,000 AND NOTHING MORE WAS PUT IT.
BUT, I’M TRADING IT FOR HIM

Now. how am i able to do that if it’s gambling
hehe
mate, it’s not gambling… ok
but again, you have your opinion and i can live with that.

LMFAO
ahhhh yess :stuck_out_tongue: I’ve been there… i have indeed
those nights when you don’t want to go to sleep but you are sooooo Wrecked that your body just gives in.
you then wake up the next moring at midday hehe
and your account is gone
YES I HAVE BEEN HERE (sad to say it)

but this does not happen to me anymore … PERIOD (i’ve learned how to stop this) and ironically, it’s called A STOP LOSS hehe

now re risk
yes the more you are willing to risk the more you can make, but IT’S CALCULATED RISK, it’s not Jump in blindly risk and pray to god for a profit (that … would be gambling)

HELL YESS

i remember this
i used to try and figure out NFP (Non Farm Payrolls)
and i finally figured out how to do Non Farms Safely

but in the past when i didn’t know, it was sort of like, you’d do reserach before
you’d put your trade in before it started and NO MATTER WHAT YOU DID , YOU LOST

well here is the solution
YOU DO NOT PLACE YOUR TRADE BEFORE IT STARTS hehe (god i was stupid at those times) hehe
ahh, but, it’s a ll a learning experience.

this isn’t correct
this is not gravity , it’s trading

have you checked out US2000 Recently
Have you check out Silver USD lately

Your rule does not hold true on these instruments
you might say the rule… what goes up by a lot, must come down by very little (might be a better rule)

mate, if you are getting close to the 100% mark YOU ARE REALLY DOING SOMETHING WRONG
My current level % is around 3,254%
if i over trade a bit it might MAYBE … BIG MAYBE… maybe it’ll get to 900%

but it usually hangs around the 2,000% Mark

100% ??? are you crazy, You’re going to blow your account up
Anything below 400% You’re playing with fire
Below 300% Your nuts
and 150% or below, it’s almost guaranteed that you’ll blow your account on a big move

Lower your risk mate, in your case, probably by 8 - 10x the amout that you are doing now… at least stay above 1,000% for gods sake

I basically meant the same thing as far as ‘take profits’ go. If you open a trade without a stop-loss, how long do you let it go if it’s losing? Do you have a ‘policy’? Do you always enter a stop-loss when you place your trade or do you add one after your trade is already up and running? Or do you go without and choose to close manually? Obviously, many traders will do a combination of all these things based on different situations. But what do you usually do?

Every trader seems to have their own system(s) for SL and TP. I believe that the amount of leverage and your account’s margin level can play a large role in these decisions. Also, tying up a large amount of your overall leverage on some pairs might not always be a good thing if you are unable to invest in other opportunities.

I just threw in the 100% margin level stuff at the end of my post for some fun and excitement! I have never been very close to that level! Well, in my earlier trading days I believe that I was around the 300% mark when the market went wild at one point. I didn’t have near the same size balance I have today for support. I would like to know about other traders and where they usually sit with their margin levels, what kind of leverage they usually trade, and how much deficit they often carry on losing trades.

oh ok
basically i don’t open trades with out stop losses. i pretty much use a stop loss every time.

but… HYPOTHETICALLY if i was to open a trade with a stop, i would have a pre determined level at which i would close it.

I always use stops

indeed they do

that’s good to hear