First Post

Just thought I would stop in and say hey.

I have traded the mini-Dow for about 4 years now–got nearly wiped out my first time out–but have since regrouped and I have been doing pretty good in them. But with my change in working hours I just can’t trade them the way I really want to any more.

I guess this is what attracted me to the FX markets, I can trade around my work schedule and there doesn’t seem to be a lot of [I]dead time[/I] like there is in overnight Dow trading.

I have been trading with a Demo account for three weeks now and I am actually up so far. I am going to try out two more Demo platforms before I make the plunge into real cash. I plan on opening my live account right before Labor Day weekend and be ready to go after the long weekend.

Hopefully I can pick up some tips, insights, and most important of all—some confidence builders by reading over these posts. It does wonders to ones confidence when you read a post by someone who has the same thoughts as you have.

Oh well, I got about 10 weeks of training left and then I will be playing the game. I hope I give it a good fight and maybe, eventually, come out a winner.

hi there…i am also consider quite new in this forum

cheers:D

Thanks.

I think I am going to really like these forums.

For example the Demo account that I am using right now is with FXCM. I love their platform. And then I just read some threads about how maybe these guys are not so great.

I do not know if the criticism of them is justified or not but one thing this forum has taught me already in the little time that I have been here is—I really do need to take the time out and research a broker before I open an account with them and not get carried away with them just because I like their trading platform so much.

The best advise I can offer you is to not get in until you have:

1. Talked to the broker you plan on using
  2. Have a system that works for you
  3. Are free of your emotions
  4. Have at least 3 months of profits on a demo account
  5. Sufficent capital
  6. Checked out at least 3 brokers

So far the broker I like the best is Strategybuilders.com They are not paying me for a referral and this is not a spam. I like them because they use the mt4 program. They also offer a micro account. $0.10 a pip. That is good for people who don’t have a lot of money to start. They will also program the backtester for you.
I have tryed FXCM but I didnt like them because you have to have at least $1000 in your account in order to get the good charts.

Thanks for the advice. I’ll have to check out S.B. as well.