First Strategy

Try this strategy out, it’s my first post so I wanted to try to find something great, tell me what you think!

It uses a long and short strategy simultaneously.

All indictors have links if you are using TradeStation. It’s my first post so I can’t share them here aparently :frowning:

Using the TWO AVERAGES OSCILLATOR, the output must be below -.00050 to allow trading with the long strategy and must be above .00050 to allow trading with the short strategy.

Also, if an order is open in one strategy, the other strategy should not interfere. If strategy Long has an open position, strategy Short should be restricted from trading until all long positions for that symbol have been closed. (This should at least be optional.)

Pairs Tested: USD/JPY; EUR/GBP; (still back testing other pairs for hammer/hanging man settings)

Indicators used AND auto trading settings:

1. (FOR LONG) Hammer hanging Man Patterens (2.8, 28.0, 4) Take Profit 55pips Stop Loss 23pips (Yes, Yes, Yes, No) (ALSO STRATEGY[automated trading])

2. (FOR SHORT) Hammer hanging Man Patterens (2.1, 28.3, 4) TP 55 SL 23 (Yes, Yes, No, Yes) (ALSO STRATEGY[automated trading])

3. MVA 880; MVA 165 and/or TWO AVERAGES OSCILLATOR (165, 880)

4. Tick Donchian 2000

For manual trading:

Long Scenario:

1. Hammer hanging Man Patterens man signals buy
  2. 165MVA is below 880MVA and is closing about to cross ABOVE 880MVA
  3. Enter long,
  4. limit at 55 pips
  5. stop at Donchian channel bottom, and adjust as needed manually
  6. Manual exit when Hanging man signals sell AND 165MVA crosses BELOW 880MVA

Short Scenario:

1. Hanging man signals sell
  2. 165MVA is above 880MVA and is closing about to cross BELOW 880MVA
  3. Enter short,
  4. limit at 55 pips
  5. stop at Donchian channel top, and adjust as needed manually
  6. Manual exit when Hanging man signals buy AND 165MVA crosses ABOVE 880MVA

In the picture, the dark circles are entry points and the white cirlces are where you should exit. If you are reluctant to use limit orders, you may gain more as you can see in the last two circles.

However, if you have noticed, the art here is having a predicted position before the actual cross, and the only way to prepare for the next trade is to take profit and rely on the system to signal continuance or reversal!!

Too complicated, do you really think indies move the market?

Indies?

I’ve made consistent pips so far and on Sunday this strategy opened USD/JPY long at 95.928; 96.026; 96.106. I have limits at 55 pips each, but the target is 96.690. Stop Loss at about 22 pips from the lowest entry, 95.685

The strategy worked out just as I planned stopping out at 96.690 right before the swing topped out at 96.699 on Monday!

I entered short at 96.468 as I got a red arrow just as the 330EMA was closing in on the 880EMA. The price was closing in on the Donchain mid area which is also a sign to go short. We crossed the mid area definitively for the first time, downtrend confirmed!! I instinctively added another short to my position

Stop Loss was at 55pips from the original 96.468 which was 95.920 which was not bad considering the swing low bottomed at 95.632 for a while.

I did not want to enter long until I was convinced that the swing was going to stay above the mid Donchain. On Tuesday I entered long at 95.780 and 95.649 using the auto strategy my Take Profit is at 96.334 and my Stop Loss is at 95.416!

Also, I am working to simplify the strategy, as it is pretty successful.

While I won’t say Indicators move the market, I will say that it forces you to trade what is on the screen and stay honest with your approach. I am by no means say to ignore headlines or fundamentals.

Indicator settings

1. Hammer hanging man (2.8, 28, 4, y,y,y,n); (2.1, 28.3,y,y,n,y)
  2. Ema 330, 880
  3. Tick dnc, 1000
  4. Auto trend lines
  5. Showtimetoend
  6. Day p/l
  7. Breakout
  8. Day_of_week
  9. Qqe

INDICATOR SETTINGS

1. HAMMER HANGING MAN (2.8, 28, 4, Y,Y,Y,N); (2.1, 28.3,Y,Y,N,Y) (STRATEGY)

2. EMA 330 (165???), 880

3. TICK DNC, 1000 (and/or 2000)

4. AUTO TREND LINES

5. SHOWTIMETOEND

6. DAY P/L

7. BREAKOUT

8. DAY_OF_WEEK

9. QQE

If you apply this strategy in combination with Fibonacci targeting EVEN BETTER YouTube

@speakinmymind Hi there, may I know where to get the indicators above? Doesn’t seem to find it anywhere :frowning: