Fluctuating Minimum Margin Requirment Values in TS II?

I’ve been trying to get a handle on the new minimum margin requirements following the new rules for U.S. customers (I did have a UK account but they’ve repatriated me back to a US account). After checking my platform today I’ve noticed the MMR has changed in the TS II Simple Dealing Rates window, dropping to half in the evening what was quoted in the afternoon hours.

Earlier today, my MMR for the majors was: EU $30, GU $34, AU $20, UCHF $20, etc. Now all the MMRs for those pairs are half what they were previous: EU $15, GU $17, AU $10, UCHF $10, etc.

Can anyone help me understand this?

Just to confirm I am seeing the same thing. The MMR in the simple dealing rates window is displaying 1/2 of what is required to open a 1 micro lot trade. This screen shot is from my live FXCM micro account.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

You’ll have to confirm this with FXCM, but common practice with margin is that “maintenance” margin is half the initial margin amount.

I ran into this for the first time yesterday and received more information from our technical support team this morning.

There is a display problem occurring in the MMR column which is causing the numbers to reflect 100:1 leverage even though the settings remain at 50:1 on your account.

A minor update to the platform was recently released; however, the update was not pushed to clients. Downloading the most recent version should fix this display problem. Please re-install the most recent version of the platform from the website http://www.fxcm.com/forex-software-download.jsp. There’s no need to uninstall the version you have right now. Just install the website version over what you currently have on your computer.

Sorry about any confusion.

-Jason

FWIW, I have followed the steps above and installed the most recent version of the platform and the MMR values are still hosed. Every pair shows half value.