Gold is expected to fall sharply today, touching 4350 before pulling back to 4250.
Was listening to an interesting pod by today and heard kind of a hot take that gold actually respects psychological levels.
For intraday there are some levels on 4200 and 4000, but in my opinion those are the technical levels, while psychological levels are more about fundamental analysis. Im just not a fan of trading gold mainly based on fundamentals.
I don’t think there’s anything wrong with taking psychological levels into account for intraday- if they align with your technical view…
Btw what’s this pod you talking about, can you share a link or smth?
About the levels, when they align with my analysis then for sure Im gonna act accordingly, what I mean is that I wont be using an only psychological level and fundamental factors without any technical confluence. I hope its clear what I wanna say
Im not sure if I can share links here. so find out yourself. search xlence broker gold in youtube - it was on this channel.
Some videos about trading pop up in my youtube feed and there could be pretty useful ones.
it’s good for the trading to have different opinions from all sources. Makes me think out of the box
at this moment xau canbe traded fundamentally only, even intraday. yu see the chaos in the global economy, you buy it. just have to use levels as your entry points
Anyway thanks for the info, I’ll look it up
Great points from everyone here. I think the debate between psychological and technical levels on gold is a bit of a false dichotomy - in practice, they often overlap because so many traders are watching the same round numbers.
For intraday XAU/USD specifically, I’ve found that the best setups come when you combine multiple confluences: a psychological level like $5,000 or $5,100 aligning with an order block or a previous structure break on the 15M or 1H chart. That confluence is what gives you the edge, not just one factor alone.
I’d also add that session timing matters a lot with gold. The Asian session can produce some surprisingly strong moves (China and India are massive physical buyers), but London open is where the real liquidity kicks in. If you’re doing intraday, knowing which session you’re trading in can help you size your positions and set realistic targets.
As for fundamentals vs technicals - right now with all the geopolitical uncertainty and central banks still buying, the macro backdrop supports a buy-the-dip approach. But for entries and exits on an intraday basis, price action and structure should always be your guide. The fundamentals tell you the direction, the technicals tell you when to pull the trigger.