For fixed spreads, what are the benefits?

For fixed spreads, what are the benefits?

With fixed spreads you are sure there won’t be further increase in spreads that will affect your profit on open orders. Variable spreads are subject to change at any given time. For long term trades or overnight trades, Fixed spreads would be more beneficial.

you understand that with fixed spread, you will be trading with a market maker (there is no such thing as “fixed spreads” in real forex markets.

I guess you want to trade in news to make profit, well I doubt a fixed spread broker will support profitable trading. Better find an STP with deep liquidity to give you the most tight spreads, but you will never get a gauranteed spread

Probably one of the best advantage is when you are trading pairs with less liquidity. Some exotic pairs have very low liquidity at some parts of the day (like USD/MXN or USD/RUB). In those times liquidity could be so low that spreads are hundreds or thousands of pips when they are flexible spreads. If you are not aware of that, your SL will be hit quite easily.

as for me fixed spreads have more negative points than anything else, cause fixed spreads are a tool of market makers and I suppose a market maker is not a thing you’ve come to Forex for. Fixed spreads would never allow you to get profit…

The main advantage of fixed spreads is “Fixed spreads under all market conditions”, where you don’t get slippage in volatile periods.