For people who day trade

Hey there!

I was wondering what a reasonable return per day would be for day traders?

Thank you,

Justin Silver

It depends, what is the size of your account, and your risk tolerance? Without knowing this, I could throw about all sorts of figures from £2k to £200.

Others will purely focus on % - again some would be over the moon with 1% return in a day, others like me, not so much.

10k usd to start off

It depends on how large your account is, what is your strategy and what is your level of experience. Every person is different, my advice is to focus on your growth and not worry about what others are doing.

1 Like

For a beginner, positive pips or break even. Seriously.

But like was said already, don’t get caught up in a number.

1 Like

a more practical and helpful way of measuring and aiming at it is in terms of what’s a reasonable return per month

the general view among long term, experienced, professional and semi-professional traders is that an average of 5% per month is a very good return, but the proportion who achieve it is really very small

steadiness is more important than monthly growth, in the long run

someone making something like 3% per month fairly steadily for several months really has great prospects

someone making 25% in a month is far, far more likely to be a gambler who had a lucky month than a steady, successful trader

i’d back the first one over the second one, any time, for the long term

1 Like