For those that don’t use indicators:

I’ve seen many posts that have criticized indicators, calling them recycled information, unreliable, etc.

Is there anyone that has had great success not using indicators? And then how do you do it? I can imagine identifying support and resistance, but what other methods are possible that don’t involve indicators?

the two biggest ones i can think of off the top of my head are Price Action (recognizing buy and sell signals from the candlesticks), and Fundamental analysis, if you dont know what these are, than i would recommend hitting up the babypips school

Frankly, trading chart! I’m sure which traders have enough knowledge on the trading chart, they even don’t need to rely on any technical tool.

1 Like

Order flow. Footprint charts (paid only unfortunately, and works mostly for futures not forex per se but there is some correlation). Market/volume profile (I guess maybe that’s an indicator? I dunno). Open order/position book (if you have an Oanda account).

If you like trading correlations you can do that too I guess. Take a look here for correlation ratios. Just not too sure how they compute those so I can’t guarantee these are accurate Forex Correlation - Mataf

Hi @CuriousPips, there is a few trading concepts that you can apply without using Indicators on a Chart per say. Have a read of the following threads, both will prove very Interesting.

1. Trading the Trend with Strong and Weak Analysis (Estimated read time of 292 minutes)

2. Currency Strength without Indicators (Estimated read time of 12 minutes)

A bit of reading is required on the first method… apply it with discipline… you’ll never look back.

Hope this is of some help… Cheers.

Hi

I never understand when people say they don’t use indicators, I like to think of myself as a PA trader but still use indicators. The candles themselves are indicators ie type, size, pattern how many etc. Also support/resistance which I think everyone uses. Trend/range is an indicator. Volume. I personally use the 20 ema. The comparisons of time frames are indicators.

All traders need some form of indicator to trade none of them are wrong and none of them are right. What I have learned is to put everything together that works for me and more importantly understand why it works and create a trading plan. Just my thoughts and opinion.

Regards

Daz

Hey, I use

Daily Pivots
Daily Range
Candle Patterns
Fibonacci retracement AND extensions
BBand as reference only. (On Time you Will se bands always land on a Fibonacci level ir a Suppor or resistance.