Forex brokers with free API?

Hi, I would like to know apart from FXCM, Oanda, Dukascopy, IB markets and Tradeking that offer a free API? Ie, not subject to minimum volume in trading, or fees/commisions? It does not matter if it is in C#, RESTFUL services, Java, FIX, whatever.

Preferable not shady brokers, ie regulated by the FSA/NFA/regulatory body of a country and ECN brokers -or at least not Dealing Desk brokers-

Thanks!

Any broker that has support for Spotware’s cTrader/cAlgo trading platform will allow you to connect via FIX API, you’ll need to either use a 3rd party FIX engine or make your own. If you are a .NET, Java or C++ developer, then OnixS is something you might be interested in: Low latency FIX Engine for .NET / C#, C++, Java - FIX Protocol : OnixS.

Spotware also has its own open API called Spotware Connect, reference can be found here: https://connect.spotware.com/documentation/section/api-reference.

There are several brokers (well regulated, and ECN) that support Spotware’s products. Most of them welcome algorithmic traders.

If you need any help, feel free to ask. :slight_smile:

Thanks for your answer ClarkFX. I downloaded cAlgo from IC Markets and it seems that it is a framework built on top of C# to create trading scripts, but I didn’t find one thing that maybe you can guide me: how can I programatically login to an IC Markets account, I can do it from cAlgo but I would like to create a dll in cAlgo and call it from another program, like Zorro Trader. For that I need to login programatically from cAlgo.

As I said in my earlier post, you can login programmatically into your IC Markets account through one of two methods provided by Spotware: Spotware Connect or their new FIX engine. And I already included the documentation that Spotware has provided as a start.

I’m not sure what you mean by creating a DLL in cAlgo, and calling it from Zorro Trader. If you want to build a library, it’s the same process as any normal .NET library. As far as I know Zorro is based in C++, so you can call your library using any options you’re comfortable with in C++. I’m not sure what you’re trying to accomplish with that though. Seems like a lot of redundancy to bounce between multiple platforms. Perhaps I am misunderstanding what you’re trying to do.

Mithrandir7

I’m interested to know if you have had success with running systems via Zorro through to the cAlgo FIX API / Spotware Connect API?