Forex Education - How long does it take?

I agree! :+1:

It will take years.

Hi friend Forex is a continuous study, not only trading techniques, psychological knowledge, economic knowledge, political knowledge. Everything changes in a few moments, always be ready, you always know what you need to do …

1 Like

damn this was from 2017?? time really flies lmao

It took me years. And I gave up on forex (and mt4 EAs) after the first year. Then went to futures since, using better platforms than MT4. More like a change of instruments since market behavior is similar. I may get back to forex trading someday, but currently my daytrading account is just with a futures broker.

Kindly Shed more light on micro account. I would be interested to experiment on the same.

It has been two years now, how do you feel about your knowledge these days?

Bro, you need 1:1 tutor, that’s the best thing…
It’s not a must you learn and understand forex for years…
Everyone has different ways of catching up…
Some takes time.

I’ve been watching YouTube videos about forex for long, bro I still don’t understand it until I paid for a 1:1 class…

Basic, Intermediate and advanced part i took.
After finishing the basic course I placed 7 trades lost 2, I made 150 pips so having the right tutor is important…

And it all depends on you, what other’s can learn and implement in 2 years you can do that in 2 or 3 months…

Put one thing at the back of your mind ( never be afraid to loose money or never close a trade when you’re loosing, just set your stop loss and move forward to another pair.) you’ll surely succeed

It never ends! You have to keep learning and testing strategies. For sure, you can clear basic concepts in a few weeks. But there are some real-life skills, such as risk management and trading psychology, which requires years to practise.

Education in forex trading continues till a trader pursues his trading career. Traders learn with every trade. The forex market is an ever-changing market and market conditions do not remain the same.

My training in forex lasted almost half a year before I was confident in my abilities and skills

I think that answer is different for everyone. Some learn quicker than others and it also depends on how well you retain the information and how much time you put into it daily or weekly. I think the best rule of thumb is that you need to bring in consistent profits over a period of time in demo and have a plan and strategy in place before going live.

It doesn’t take 10,000 hours.

On an average it takes years of learning but there is no end of the learning process. However, it solely depends on the learning capacities and the way to take inputs and no one can predict in how many months or years they might learn forex trading. You must be dedicated, disciplined, focused and patient to learn forex trading.

I don’t think you ever stop learning. The forex market is so vast that a lot of things are still unknown to you. With every move you make in the market, you get a lesson that helps you in your future trades, especially the losing ones.

There is no limit to the time you can put into observing the markets. But not all of that observation leads to learning.

There are only two things price can do in the next hour, it can go up or it can go down. There is a limited number of things you can learn which anticipate each of these and which react to each of these. The permutations are not infinite.

The Forex market keeps on changing due to its high volatility. Traders learn with every trade he makes. So, having an optimistic approach towards learning new is very important for traders to keep an equal pace with the ever-changing market.

Education helps ignite the skill of a trader. Traders can read e-books, watch video tutorials and there are also many other ways to follow to gain knowledge. If a trader wants, he can also maintain a personal trainer for trading.

You can compare nothing with skill development and it’s compared to diamond. Traders can read e-books, watch video tutorials and there are also many other ways to follow to gain knowledge. You should come to Forex trading when you don’t have sufficient trading knowledge.

To develop inner ability, there is no alternative to education. Education helps a person learn newly things that drive a person to innovate new and effective strategies that work on market well. But we see traders neglect education to a great extent as a result they remain lag behind highly.