Forex Education - How long does it take?

It’s okay. Kick off your trading life as like newcomers. Make sure good trading strategies and apply first in demo then use it in live account with money managing plan. Of course you will get maximal result.

It’s not a short time. you got long time to improve yourself by learning. can you elaborate your trading process ?

How long ? It takes as long as it takes - 95% NEVER make it.

This place is a far better resource than was available when I started, but on the other hand I’ve got probably £4,000 + in books on every conceivable subject from Gann to Elliott waves and from Fibonacci through the Delta phenomenon, which I can draw on at any time. The psychology has been addressed by Elder to an extent and Van Tharp to an extent, but all the “Experts” want you to pay them money (Good money) to come in to their “inner circle”.

My own favourite is the “Taylor trading technique” - a simple system - but I could never make it work.

I’m.now worried,but I don’t have to quit either,I just started 3weeks ago…Ooh my…what a long journey!!but is it worth it?

It will certainly take longer than 3 weeks. But you might take the view that the journey is also of value, not just the destination. Becoming a trader, or trying to to, will definitely teach you a great deal about yourself along the road.

Keep at it.

1 Like

Stick with it @weps22 - who knows - your attention span might be long enough, or you may discover your “edge” on lesson 2 of the school ! :slight_smile:

[Edit - start paper trading as soon as poss - that way lies teh emotions which you WILL feel and you can learn about them here. Really try to “get it right” on your paper trades and do NOT make excuses to yourself - “No I would have come out there” or "no I woud really have let it run.

WRite them down {Edit 2 - In real time}nd learn …! ] and learn from them ! -

1 Like

Thanks greatly my friend

Have you got success within very short time crys ? can you elaborate about your trading success ?

Sorry, I am not. You didn’t get my point exactly. I just wanted to make sure this time was enough to acquire minimum trading knowledge which can avoid losses. It’s my experience, please don’t take it personally.

Just make sure you’re practicing and learning as much as you can. Practice makes perfect. Sure, most people on here will tell you 5-10 years, but you can still learn how to make money from trading within a year if you choose to. You might not be able to replace your income within a year (not impossible…nothing is impossible), but you can definitely supplement your income, even if it’s you making just $50 to $100 a week, and just working your way up from there. It’s all about setting goals for yourself and telling yourself how much you want to make every week/month. One thing that also shortens the learning curve is knowing someone that’s already experienced in Forex. You can just learn from them, if they’re willing to teach you, and that definitely makes all the difference.

4 Likes

It’s a very heavily slanted or loaded activity in its outcomes, so I think the answer is that whereas it ends up being worth it financially only for a very tiny proportion of the people who try it, for those very few people it’s really, really worth it.

I think that however you try to assess it, the evidence you’ll find points overwhelmingly to this not actually being so, sadly.

2 Likes

Thank you so much…at least this is motivating

There is no end of forex learning . You get knowledge all the time when face market. Basic forex education need more than 6 months . It is necessary to spend some time in learning and practice.
You cannot get education over night or in some days. As much you learn it will more good for trading.

Learning time is very individual. Some people can spend the whole life and they still won’t understand it. But an average trader needs around 1-2 years.

Something that I think people don’t consider enough is learning compression. That is, the more you trade, the faster you are likely to learn because the feedback loop is shorter.

So someone who places 3 trades per day on the M15 chart is going to have learned much more after one year than someone who places 1 trade per week on the D1 chart. That is not to say that the lower time-frame is actually a better (as in, more profitable) way of trading, but since we learn by doing, the higher frequency strategies will tend to ‘educate’ you faster than the low frequency strategies.

Of course, we are assuming that equal effort is put into each trade. Clearly, opening a dozen random positions each day will teach you very little.

4 Likes

I see so many good post here! So much good information. In my own experience I traded forex for 3 months in DEMO while studying at the same time. I went live with very tiny account while still learning… up to date I have been trading live for a little over a year, I blown out a few accounts which taught me a lot. I have been profitable month over month for the last 5 months. I am still learning every day which is always exciting.

Cheers

4 Likes

I like the way you said that. Kick off my trading life. I am trying to apply my strategies in the demo. But still working on it. Though my failure is more than success. I am not giving up easily. I am practicing more and more.

Yes, I am so lucky that I am getting so many positive responses from all of you. I do not have other words to say how thankful I am to all of you. I am still working on the demo. And practicing to improve my trading qualities.

Yes forex education should be start from the lowest level so that new comers not feel difficulty they should know basics then advance level . Demo trading is must as they learn some thing about this market they need to try it on demo . Do not loose your patience it will take some time to become learned.

1 Like

You are so right @forexcrisp, At first, I skipped some basic levels but now I turn back and start over from the beginning. Also looking for the demo account to practice. Just trying to figure out which one should be good for me.