Forex Growth Bot

Good morning FGB’ers. I have tried the RAYONG settings for the last 12 hours. 5/64/1.9/0.0. However, I had set the S/L and TP to “true” as I was going to be asleep for some portion of the last few hours. OVer the last six hours the Bot has made 5 trades, all of them losers; all of them taken out by the S/L.

4 of the trades are clustered between 9:15 GMT and 10:15 GMT, where it seems that the downdraft trend from 1.39100 area to 1.38100 area was nearly exhausted.

Anyone else see the same thing ?

fgb opened two sells for me one i manually closed at +60 the other is currently break even.

JK:

Have you kept the default settings, or have you experimented with the volatility settings that have been discussed in the preceeding posts ?

I am running this in demo mode, so I don’t mind experimenting. It is helping me understand the bot’s behavior.

MGBYT

MG

The fact that you set the SL/TP to true you have in effect changed Rayoungs settings to something different. Rayoungs settings use no hard SL/TP but rather with it set to fasle and trailing risk set to 0, it is following the wave theory for profit and stop. You have to know that hard SL and TPs are seen by your broker and if the market is close they can take those out locking in your loss pretty quickly. With wave count stop and exit, the broker will have no idea what you are doing and will have no easy way to take your money. Hard stops and TPs are okay but they have to be hidden and way outside the daily noise of the market.

EJ5:

Thank you. I figured that out the hard way this morning. I was thinking that I did not want to let the bot run without a safety net while I was asleep. What I did, in effect, was guarantee myself losses because the calculated stops are too close to the market.

Especially since this is running on a demo account, I doubt the broker is looking for my stops. However, I understand what you are saying. In this particular case, I think the market hunted out my stops. :slight_smile:

Continuing my education …

so today we had what looks like 3 sells total
first one i closed at +60
second one looks like it hit stop loss -24
third one open +20ish

The annoying thing is if the second s/l didn’t get hit it would have ended in profit.

A’well ea’s are not perfect. Just to let you guys know I never set tp and sl I basically use market orders and close manually when I am at +50 for stop loss I let fgb handle it (usually -24)

MG,

Learning has no finish line. I’m in the same boat.

I have learned the hard way on live accounts that most bots, especially scalpers don’t work in real life if they rely on small stops. Tight stops get taken out every time. I wish I had ten cents for every time the candle seemed to spike at my stop and then head the other direction. Now I’m a pretty firm believe of manually closing my trades just so I don’t have to lay my cards on the table for all to see. I can enter in and out at predetermined levels. Takes real strength to follow these paper SL and TPs. For these reasons I really like indicator closings to help force my entry and exits. when the event happens an order to close is executed and the broker never see’s it coming until I am ready for it.

I too had 3 trades today nearly matching the results of JK.

A comment from a different forum:
“Now: lets point the real down side: FGB has a major issue with the restarting of the platform with open trades, since it won’t manage them once restarted, having to close manually. FGB doesn’t have default SL so in case of connection or VPS shutdown, your account would be to the markets waves, could it make you win like hell, or loose everything, because your open trades wont close untill you log back in and manually do so. And right now, I’m testing a trailing stop EA to complement FGB because another issue is that sometimes it lets large winners, turn into loosers.”

Has anybody run into this issue? I understand a lot of folks here are closing positions themselves, but just curious. What strikes me as odd about these issues is this is a very experienced bot team that also created Overdrive, and I would think they would have dealt with any rpogramming issues such as this way before introducing this bot.

I put Rayong settings into place last night and got 3 bad trades. They came in even later than default, one even risked up to -72 pips at one point. These are the results

1. -34 pips
  2. -35 pips
  3. -7 pips

On the first trade I could have gotten +28 pips, the other two trades were doomed.

I’m not so sure about these settings…

Hello Everbody,

Sorry I have been over involved at another FGB Thread but wanted to pass along this Trade Mgr. info as it will help all of us the FGB Trades and something called Sleep!

Here is part of the post from my friend Roger.

ClosePreviousSessionOrders – 0
Assign_PT_and_ST – false

I’m using this along with the [B]Tjipke trade manager EA: [/B]

Login

With Tjipke I have these settings:

TakeProfit – 150 (1500 with a five digit broker)
StopLoss – 50 (500 with a five digit broker)
TrailingStop – 50 (500 with a five digit broker)
TrailingStep – 0
BreakEven – 0
Magic1 – 4826809 (which is FGB’s magic number)
TradeLog – Tjipke

Keep in mind, you must place this trade manager EA on a separate chart from the one you have FGB on. It uses FGB’s magic number to control its trades and place the SL and TP levels.

Keep the [B]Assign_TP_and_ST – false[/B] in the FGB parameters when using the trade manager EA. The Tjipke trade manager will place the hard (broker side) TP ans SL instead of FGB. The reason FGB closed your trade at SL 20 is because its internal TP and SL level changes with each trade, depending upon the conditions at the time. The Tjipke EA works solely to place a backup SL and TP level in case FGB loses track of the trade due to an MT4 restart or VPS shutdown.

In other words, FGB will still close the trade on its own as long as it hasn’t lost track of the trade. But if it has lost track of the trade, the backup SL or TP placed by the Tjipke EA will close the trade, as it has been placed on the broker/server side. Hopefully that’s clear enough."

Hope this helps and I for one will be applying it tomorrow before the Market opens.

Warmest regards,

Pippa

Hello DK,

Next week will be my first full week with the Rayong Settings.

Following please find my Tally for Friday with his Settings and no human interaction.

RAYONG SETTINGS-5/64/1.9
Demo2/FinFX/No Human interaction

+52.40
+33.00
+33.30
+31.50

TOTAL +146.70

What you may want to do on the Weekend is completely close down your MT4 platform with FGB on it and then re-open late Sunday.

I had quite a problem with the FinFX MT4 Platform having a strange freeze seizure which made FGB lose Trades completly.

This could be the same problem you are having with your Broker.

In case of doubt, close down MT4, restart.(with Trades closed)

I have decided to do this every Friday and may start doing it everday at the end of the day.

I am just exploring this area so don’t take my word as Gospel!!!

Warmest Regards,

Pippa

Hello Everbody,

Following please find my Weekly post for Demo1 with Indicator Settings on FGB.

This is sort of a Scalping Strategy I am working on with FGB and Manually closing Trades.

Where I state “partially closed by FGB” means that my presence was very erratic that day due to lifes circumstances.

March 7th-10th

Monday +104.10
Tuesday +123.50
Wednesday +28.40 (partially closed by FGB)
Thursday +98.90
Friday +71.70 (partially closed by FGB)

Week Total +426.60

Warmest regards,

Pippa

Hello again DK,

I have Two Demo’s on Two different Brokers running off of 1 VPS.

Demo1/FGB/FinFX with Rayong Settings and no human interaction
Demo2/FGB/AskObid with Indicator Settings, manually closing trades, Intraday Trading Strategy VERY hands on

Hope this helps,

Pippa

Can you please share the trade manager with us?

Thanks!

Hello Everybody,

Just click on that link that says [U]Log[/U] and you should have immediate download for the Tipjke Trade Mgr. EA.

Regards,

Pippa

Thanks Pippa, I’m gonna start using two different accounts as well. How do you monitor them though? Just log off, log in?

Also, what do you mean by indicator settings? Are you just using the indicator?

I recently started using the indicator for manual trades, it’s actually pretty good. I’ll be posting results of that one at the end of the week.

Cheers

Hello DK,

I was having success with the FGB Manual Indicator and was wishing that I could have FGB BOT enter trades when the Indicator was showing its arrows.

So I changed the FGB Bots setting to the Indicator settings.

Here are the input Settings change if you would like to do this

Fast Volatility FGB(5) to FGBI(3)
Slow Volatitility FGB(60) to FGBI(50)
Volatility Factor FGB(2.0) to FGBI(1.5)

For best performance you should use a VPS.

I use ForexVPS and they are fantastic and will download all EA’s and applications for free.

GREAT Customer Service.

Once your MT4 Platforms are loaded you just click between the two Brokers and keep the MT4 running at all times (if you want to) on your VPS.

This way you also do not have to worry about your PC crashing becasue all of your Bot’s are on a Virtual Private Server/VPS.

Hope this helps!

Warmest regards,

Pippa

hi guys and gals :smiley:

fgb is still going strong for me. I am running default settings with normal to high risk and I am running rayongs settings trading 1 minilot.

So far rayongs setting do seem to mirror default settings. So far there has been one more buy than default.

fgb did hit some sl’s yesterday but I am not concerned. I notice this robot catches a strong move and then it opens 2 to 3 positions and cleans up. I hope everyone else is doing okay.

I also want to offer my prayers and condolences to our Japanese brothers and sisters. They are on my mind. I keep seeing all the footage of the tsunami and it is heart wrenching. I know Japan is very resiliant and I know they will rebound from this a stronger nation. God bless them all.

Hey guys, I just switched broker but the bot hasn’t made any trades this week… I installed it just like I did previously, but it never asked for the serial number. Should it have asked me?

Hey guys, I just switched broker but the bot hasn’t made any trades this week… I installed it just like I did previously, but it never asked for the serial number. Should it have asked me?

If I am not mistaking fgb’s authentication goes by hardware. So for example if you switch from your home computer to a vps than you would have to run the license manager (whatever it is called)

Because I am not positive, I would suggest open a support ticket. Those guys are great about getting right back to you.