Forex Growth Bot

So, what’s seems to be the general consensus on this “Forex Growth Bot”?

It’s a better EA than fap turbo.

But can you rely on it, month in, month out to make you a profit?

That’s the question.

If you can keep an eye on it and close trades that look like they are retreating from positive moves it will make money. Otherwise it tends to hold on to winning trades to long (IMO and for my trading style) in which they end up as losses. If you can work within the bots hours it is a good initial trade picker.

Has anybody tried to put a Trailing Stop with this EA?

eg: Trade is +20, set SL to BE. Trade is +30, set SL to +10. Trade is +40, set SL to +20, etc.

That might be able to weed out some of the losing trades.

Does somebody bought the advanced edition with more settings and some parts of sourcecode? Since a few weeks I try to optimize FGB for me and found some interesting settings with low-frequency trading but impressive results. Now, I’m thinking about buying the advanced edition to have more possibilities to customize FGB for me. Does somebody already bought it and can tell something about his experiences and the parts of sourcecode it comes with?

Would be happy about some informations! =)

Hmm, I think every ea is better than fap.

That actually is a valid point. Have you tried it?

Hello and Welcome,

Back a few pages in this thread there is a link that I posted for an EA that is free that is a Trade Mgr.

This EA will help with FGB mgt.

My FGB has not traded for 4 days!

On two Demo’s!

Am writing support.

Regards,

PippaRELLA

Hello and Welcome,
Back a few pages in this thread there is a link that I posted for an EA that is free that is a Trade Mgr.
This EA will help with FGB mgt.
My FGB has not traded for 4 days!
On two Demo's!
Am writing support.
Regards,
PippaRELLA 

pippa mine hasn’t traded either. I am assuming that market conditions are not right for her to trade??? I don’t think it is terribly rare for fgb to go this long without a trade but I will be concerned if it goes into next week without trading.

I would rather be on the sidelines wishing I was in the markets rather than in the markets wishing I was on the sidelines :smiley:

hey every one,
I’ve been a while but I managed to read every post on this thread,
I have been doing forex for a while but home and work life seems to distract me somewhat, but I am very interested in this bot,
this isn’t the only forum that I have managed to gain some feedback about this EA/Bot from and the one thing that seems to be common to all is the fact that FGB can pick some sweet trades but it just can’t seem to find an exit point when things start to go the other way and a lot of people have sat there and watched while a +120 trade ends up -48 or so which is a bit crazy to me,
I also find it a bit strange that every one is o.k. with the fact that they have to close FGB trades before they go the wrong way and no one seems to be to bothered about it,
still this is one of the best EA/Bots I’ve seen and I will be buying this Bot in a couple of weeks when I’m on annual leave and can give it my undivided attention…

so I have a ton of questions, but I also have something else that may help but being a newbie here I won’t be able to upload it just yet for every one,
but on one of the forums I was told by some one that he had an EA that’s sole purpose was to set up and run Trailing stops on all trades even the ones that FGB has opened,
however this is not a SL or TP EA just a trailing stop and you set it up to what ever distance you like, you can also set up a decay rate for your trailing stop and it has a function to close all trades at once…

any way this is a great thread and some seriously good educated posts…
keep it up guys…

cheers…

Hello JK,

I agree!

We have had quite the rollercoaster ride with FGB so I tend to get a little nerved!

Regards,

PippaRELLA

WELCOME Bringer!

I can’t wait to see this Trade Mgr. EA that you are speaking of!

The good news about FGB is that you have 2 Full months to Demo and if you really feel that it does not fit into your portfolio you can still get a refund.

I have used Click Bank once regarding a refund and did not have any problems at all.

Warmest Regards,

PippaRELLA

Me? No, I didn’t even buy FGB yet, I wanted to see what people think about it before I dump $100 into something.

Using a Trailing Stop, or manually eliminating risk from a trade will definitely help your yearly net gain, IMO.

I’m reading here about people who had trades that were +60 end up -24, and that could be eliminated with simple risk management.

There is just one thing about this that’s questionable; if this EA makes positive pips by a monthly basis, then why would the creators charge for it?

Hey Piparella,
Thanks for the greeting and the info about FGB,
I was wondering if you knew if that indicator that came with FGB works on any currency pair,
I only ask because I know that the FGB works on just the EUR/USD pair but it would be a bit pointless if the indicator only worked on that pair also don’t you think…

cheers…

pippa mine hasn’t traded either. I am assuming that market conditions are not right for her to trade??? I don’t think it is terribly rare for fgb to go this long without a trade but I will be concerned if it goes into next week without trading.

I would rather be on the sidelines wishing I was in the markets rather than in the markets wishing I was on the sidelines

Hey guys I want to retract this statement. I don’t now what I was thinking. I did get a couple of trades, I think 4 total. I totaled them up on donnaforex and honestly it was a rough week overall.

long on 3.18 close +40 (default)
short on 3.15 close -33 (default)
short on 3.15 close -49 (default)

long on 3.15 close +93 (rayong’s)
short on 3.15 close -39 (rayong’s)
short on 3.15 close -43 (rayong’s)
short on 3.15 close -105 (rayong’s) :-[

totals:
default: -42
Rayong’s -94

Bringor welcome to babypips.com This is a great place to learn and grow. I’m glad you are interested in fgb. This is a great robot. It does have quirks but hey lifes not perfect.

Anyway for what it is worth. I personaly don’t care for trailing stops myself. I find trailing stops is like giving up extra pips. For example your +30 and decide to move stop to break even and trail the stop. For me it seems it will always take you out of the trade at less than the +30 you have. So for me I aim for +48ish and when I am there or close I close it.

There is a couple of great trade manager ea’s out there. I like swiss army and mptm. pippa mentioned one she was trying out. My opinion if you can figure out how to close the trades in profit than this ea rocks.

As far as your question about the indicator I will guess that yes you can use it on other pairs but hopefully pippa can confirm because I don’t use the indi at all.

Everyone have a great weekend,
John

Hello Bringer,

This is so weird.

I posted a reply to you a while back and it did not post!

Well, here I go again.

I have not tried the Indicator or FGB on other pairs due to my wanting to focus first on what this EA is primarily geared for.

That’s just the way I approach things and its sort of drearily methodical due to my wanting to fully understand the why’s and how’s of FGB.

Warmest Regards,

Pippa

Hey pippa,
I understand your method and to be honest if it says on the label that FGB is only good on eur/usd then that would be good enough for me,
but I just wanted to know if any one else is using the indicator on other currencies and if it worked as well on them as the bot does on eur/usd
because it wouldn’t be that hard to put together a small EA that triggered a trade with the indicator then just get the trailing stop EA to follow it until it turned around and stopped you…
hopefully in profit…lol…
if that all makes any sense…

cheers…

Good Morning Bringer,

Yes, what your saying makes sense.

But how about this!

Why not look at other EA’s with different strengths, that have the capabilities of Trading different Currencies!

That way you are never putting all of your (or 1-3% of them) EGGS/PIPS in one Basket!

Regards,

Pippa

well I was wondering when fgb was going to sell eu. Can we ride her back to that 4000 area? We’ll have to see what happens. Anyway she gave me a sweet little +34 today.