Forex Growth Bot

This goes to show that you should treat any bot with caution. I read all the positive comments in earlier posts and decided two weeks ago to give it a try on a demo. It would have been a very bad introduction to EA´s for me.
May is the first major letdown in the overall monthly performance of this bot since the start (November 2010). I will need to see more results before putting this on a live account. :62:

I just purchased my thrustvps and it is up and running. How do I install MT4 and any expert advisors so that they can run 24/7? Sorry for such a beginner question.

Read more: http://forums.babypips.com/expert-advisors-automated-trading/37459-forex-growth-bot-56.html#ixzz1NkC5Wcme

the best thing you can do to install programs like mt4 and ea’s and things like that is get a program called dropbox
Dropbox - Simplify your life

this program will allow you to drag and drop programs right onto your vps all you do is download it and install it on your desktop, and create a username/password. Than go to your vps and use internet explorer (or whatever) and visit dropbox.com and download it again but this time don’t create an account instead log into your existing account. Once you do that you will be able to copy/paste or drag/drop directly into your dropbox and it will show up in your vps’s dropbox folder. It is the perfect solution and is a lot more secure than downloading a bunch of stuff using thrustvps. The last thing you want is any kind of security breach where you hold such sensitive information as your live forex accounts

ThrustVPS is down again for me for the second time in 2 weeks. Terrible.

Might be switching to commercialnetworkservices

Do they send you a notification if it is down or do you find out on your own??

Lol the worst part is that I have to find out by myself!

like a cat and mouse game

How do you find out??

i logged into my vps

Seems that thrustvps really sucks. I`m using vpsland and I´m quite ok with it. maybe u should change your provider and check google for tests on vps providers.

anyway: it (or she, as johnny would say) made me 200 pips tonight. great rally, since the last week was so bad…

Hey wezley,

what broker are you using?

yea, i’ve moved to commercial network services.

thinkforex. But I didn´t test it long enough to recommend it. I think there are some brokers with better spreads, but even the thinkforex spreads are average. The support is really quick and friendly. Only issue that came up, was a converting mistake of them. I deposited 250 euro, which were 355 dollar at this time and they just take 250 dollar to my account. but after emailing them the issue the corrected my amount and gave me another bonus :slight_smile:

What makes me thinking is the fact, that on myfxbook their account made only 3 trades, whereas mine made 4. maybe it is, because of a special risk mgmt of the bot, which gave me a higher percentage to invest. i`m going to keep an eye on it.

off-topic: do anybody know or own a script, which automatically put arrowss on the entry point and the exit point and connects it with a line, as the fgb does when it trades? i could use this for my manually trades.

I have had thrust for months and months with no downtime whatsoever so I would have to say that not thrust does not suck. I would also add that thrust runs windows 2008 R2 what does vpsland run 2003 at double the cost?

Maybe you´re on a different Server or even in a different serverfarm…

@iwillsurvive: have you contact thrust and tell them your issues. and did you ensure, that your device was connected to the internet and windows/mac OS/linux did´t interfer with the remote feature? sometimes it is blocked by the Operating Systems, because of Security issues. E.g.: When your surfing via a community wireless lan.

I think the key thing here is, I’m only running my EAs on demo and its already giving me once a week once downtime. I need someone who can be up almost all the time when I run my EAs live and thrust vps is one i certainly cannot trust.

Me to contact them and ask them to resolve my issues? haha, i was too lazy. I was on the UK maindenland server location

I know, this should actually work from their side, but sometimes contacting them can bring you a bit further with ur problem.
I would try to get in contact with them. Tell them that u a running high efficient trading software on the VPS, which needs to be up 24/5. Tell them u lost a lot money, cause of their downtimes. Maybe they give u ur money back or offer u a special discount.

Not sure what happened today but my FGB opened 12 trades. All are winners so I’m not complaining but I just haven’t seen it open this many trades before. I have checked to make sure I don’t have two instances of the bot running or the platform open twice. All seems to be as it should. Did anyone else have a barrage of trades opened today?

I had 3 open today all winners.

are you logging into your vps in console mode? If you are you may have multiple instances of your vps running. hence the extra trades. Just a thought.

I had no trades at all, in the last two weeks :33:

My vps is hosted at thrustvps, i disabled, the uac, the firewall, the smiley is showing in the upper right of the chart, and the ea is green as indicated in the manual… is there a special thing to make it work?

my account is at fxopen.

have you activated it?

that would be my question too. You must run the activation wizard to make fgb go live.

hi johnny, could you attach the latest EA you using to trade? thank you.