Forex Growth Bot

I had same experience at Fxopen. Did some research and it turned out that I’m using a 0.01 lot size but my account only accepts 0.1. No errors in the journal or any kind of indication.

I tried Hotforex and it’s working now.

My first post by the way. :slight_smile:

first post and maybe very helpful! i used a 0.01 lot size and will try differently this week :slight_smile:

i don’t use any vps and i had 14 trades, most of them winners the loosers were just like 2 or 3 pips each
banked about 240 pips in total

Just happened again. Today FGB has 12 trades open, split between winners and losers. I’m running version 1.4, maybe I need to move to version 1.5. Sirkay what version are you using? My broker is Alpari.

looks like I had 5 total trades and 4 are still open. 12 trades is alot I would contact support and ask them what they think is going on. I hope you are making green piops at least. my closed trade was a small loser and I have to positive and 2 negative open so I’m down the middle too.

hi all, im new to EA so a silly question, as your balance in your account grow say from 250 to 2500 will the EA automatically adjust the lot size accordingly (say by 1 decimal) or does it stick to the initial lot size? How does it work?

usually it doesn’t. but it’s normaly possible to set it manually according to your money management. so just adjust it, when ur account grows.

Thx for the respond. Does increasing lot size means increasing the risk?
Also for this or other EAs, do we have to worry about adjusting total open positions vs remaining margins?

Reason I’m asking this is because I notice the monthly profit in % is based on the initial deposit and not previous month’s balance. Thought it should be compounded?

it depends.

let’s take a micro lot account as an example:

lotsize 0.01: 1 pip = 10 cents
lotsize 0.02: 1 pip = 20 cents
lotsize 0.05: 1 pip = 50 cents

so if you have a 250$ account, you maybe use 0.01

if you now increase your balance to 500$ you can maybe adjust the lotsize to 0.02, without changing your risk. because still the same risk as at the beginning.

so it’s just the ratio between accountsize and lotsize, which makes the risk.

for me I don’t increase the lotsize exactly in the way my account balance increases. this is because i accept a loss of a few dollars, but not a few thousands.

i’m running the basic version and it only opened 5 trades, 3 losses remaining 2 were left till today both winners and they made up for the other 3 losses

only 1 trade today and i just closed it manually for +30 pips

my broker is same as yours

one question based on your last statement. If you did not increase your lot size how are you gonna make full use of your ‘increased balance’ by compounding growth?

e.g. if on average you are earning 10% a month, for balance $250 = $25 a month
but if you have a balance of $2500 yet using same lot size does it mean you are only gaining 1% instead of 10% a month? (assuming that the pips gain is the same every month).

i do increase my lotsize, but not as fast as my account balance increases. i just do not increase it propotional to the delta of my account balance. If I wouldn’t increase the lotsize at all, there would be no gain in absolute won dollars (as you stated in ur example). but doing it my way, you decrease your risk over the time. i think you maybe don’t have to do this, when u are following a good money management from the beginning.

thanks for the tips mate.
just wondering if fgb is doing any trade today?
i’m new to EA, i believe i’ve activated the EA and i can see a smiley face on the top right corner.

Also, i noticed there is this fgb indicator, i’ve dragged it in and saw some red and green arrows, does it mean sell and buy? how does it work?

It went short today on my account.
If you didn’t change any settings (besides lotsize and stuff), you should have nearly the same trades as the fgb acc on myfxbook. just go to the fgb page and click on the link to myfxbook, because i cannot post the link here.

With this you can doublecheck, whether there should be a trade or not.

all these arrows do not mean, that it did a trade. I’m not sure why its doing this. maybe someone else does. I might contact the support concerning this. anyway it does not affect the trading at all. just some of them are real entries.
check your history for any trades.

Hey all,

I’m having a problem backtesting this bot with FXOpen ECN. For M15 and EURUSD, if I try to backtest for instance from 2010.01.01 - 2010.12.31, it says

2011.06.14 15:54:32 TestGenerator: unmatched data error (high value 1.3230 at 2011.01.05 14:45 is not reached from the least timeframe, high price 1.3225 mismatches)
2011.06.14 15:53:58 ForexGrowthBot inputs: LotSize=0.1; Magic=456976; ClosePreviousSessionOrders=2; FastVolatilityBase=5; SlowVolatilityBase=60; VolatilityFactor=10;
2011.06.14 15:53:21 TestGenerator: no history data ‘EURUSD15’

in the Journal. This is even though I’m connected to the servers (tried ECN demo DC1, DC2 and DC4 and they all connect, i.e. I can see continously updating charts).

Any help appreciated!

Need to go to the tools bar and update your history. The last error that says “no history on EU15” indicates that you need to update your data history on the m15 charts. Also, make sure that the boxes are entered properly for how far back you want to update the history. Doesn’t do any good to run backtests against no data. When you run backtests you need to update the currency pair and time frame you want to test on. I test a lot of different time frames for EU so it tends to be updated and current for my needs. However if I jump over to EJ I would probably need to update my history because I rarely backtest there.

Thanks ej5 that fixed it :slight_smile:

ej5 is all over it :smiley:
pachyderm welcome to the thread and to babypips.

FGB came alive this week!!! I just manually closed one trade for +201 and I have 4 open all in porfit (all EU shorts)

These are the moments I wait for. We suffer many small losses and then all of a sudden we get a series of really nice winners which erase all our losses and leaves us with a nice profit.

what time was the trade that got to 201+ pips? my first and 2nd trades were closed at 146.6 & 135.4. 3rd was closed way earlier at 25.3.

Now there’s one trade open at 25.6. seems pretty diff? are you using default settings?