Forex Growth Bot

9:45 gmt +201
10:15 gmt +140
12:30 gmt +23

and I have 4 sells still open. All on my live fxopen account all default settings. The only possible deviation is that when I saw +201 I closed it for profit which possibly could have triggered another trade however I did not get another sell till 12:30 gmt

Mine made only one trade for 22pips (already closed) and two for 40 and 45 pips at the moment, which are still running…

Which settings did you change or is it maybe just the riskmanagement?

I’m running version 1.5 settings are 5,60,2.0 smart exit true
here are my trades…

06.15.2011 19:15 EURUSD Sell 2.50 - - 1.42160 1.41150 101.0
06.15.2011 19:30 EURUSD Sell 2.50 - - 1.41950 1.41090 86.0
06.15.2011 19:45 EURUSD Sell 2.50 - - 1.42000 1.40990 101.0
06.15.2011 21:51 EURUSD Sell 2.50 - - 1.41720 1.41490 23.0
06.16.2011 08:00 EURUSD Sell 2.50 - - 1.41260 1.41420 -16.0
06.16.2011 08:30 EURUSD Sell 2.50 - - 1.41210 1.41270 -6.0
06.15.2011 09:45 EURUSD Sell 2.50 - - 1.43740 1.41730 201.0
06.15.2011 10:15 EURUSD Sell 2.50 - - 1.43640 1.42240 140.0
06.15.2011 12:30 EURUSD Sell 2.50 - - 1.43210 1.42980 23.0

Total pips for 2 days +653

I got the same settings. Very akward… :slight_smile:

u seems to have way more trades. does FGB takes balance vs lot size into account? Mine only did 6 trades with 2 minor losses.

it seems to be his broker fxopen which seems to be particularly favourable for this ea, the developers official account on thinkforex had only 7 trades and the mean average for those 7 trades seems to be a lot lower than johnny’s.

I do not get this. I had only two trades, all losing trades. I have the exact same settings as johnnykanoo. It is only a demo account though, with 200:1 leverage. Why should the AE react differently on one broker, than on another? Bigger spread maybe, or ratio Equity/lots? Something clearly effects this EA’s success and behaviour, and it is not the settings.

same here too johnny! Are you using basic or power version with wave trailing?

I’m using basic.

This ea is very broker sensitive. I have always had great results with fxopen. Thinkforex has always done well. I have no idea about hotforex but I was considering buying a license to see how she does.

For those who didn’t get the trades I’m sorry I know it sucks. if it makes you guys feel better about a month ago when fgb had her amazing run and everyone was raking in the piips including myself. I made a foolish mistake of closing all the winners than she opened orders in the opposite direction and when they were all about -200 I contacted support who told me to restart mt4. When I did that all the open orders closed immediately and I literally got nauseous at the amount of money I lost. My plan was to wait for a retracement and then close those trades.

Moral of the story is we may not all get winners all at the same time but this is a great and very profitable robot so hang in there and if there is genuine concern maybe consider switching brokers.

I would highly recommend fxopen. I have had nothing but good luck with them and this robot does do well with there price feed.

Hi johnny, thanks for the info. What account type did you use with fgb? ECN or the normal ones?

Another question if you don’t mind, say if i were to have 2 different EAs, would it be wiser to use a different account/broker? Say EA x and y both trades EUR/USD, would using the same account be a problem say if one shorts and the other does long?

thanks in advance!

#it doesn’t matter as long as you take care of the magic numbers.

Looks like fgb had another 2 wins today. I really like this ea too because she performs exactly how she is supposed too. Right now she is hitting EU hard and taking no prisoners! EU is such a trendy pair that when there is a big sell off like there was FGB cleans up.

Anyway everyone have a great weekend.

I got that one too. :slight_smile:

Still no trade on wallstreet.

All, you may want to take a look at the FGB on the EG pair on the M15 as well. Using the default settings it has consistently been racking up profits like EU. It seems like that on the days EU has no trades that EG makes a profitable run. I’m using the same default settings as suggested for EU.

Have not had it perform very well in forward tests on other pairs.

I will try. Tnx for the tip. I’m running this EA on a live Alpari NZ/RU Micro account for about a week now and doing well. So will put it on EurGbp pair as well.

Bye

Hey Everyone,

I really like the theme of this thread, with regards to working with EAs, managing them, and letting them do the work for you. I recently purchased FGB, and am trying it out. Baby steps towards using other EAs and such. Ofcourse, it always seems like I get into these things a little late, as there seems to have been a string of wins these past few days. Hope it continues. It would be nice to start this EA on a winning streak.

Cheers,

Ian

All, you may want to take a look at the FGB on the EG pair on the M15 as well. Using the default settings it has consistently been racking up profits like EU. It seems like that on the days EU has no trades that EG makes a profitable run. I’m using the same default settings as suggested for EU.

Have not had it perform very well in forward tests on other pairs.

Read more: 301 Moved Permanently

thanks for the heads up. I will have to check it out and see what happens. maybe I’ll throw it on my live account and risk very little. If your right it could be very interesting.

Ian welcome to the thread. I think FGB will be viable for a long time :smiley:

In backtesting, the EG is only about half as profitable as EU but in forward testing it has done well. Not as well as EU but some very nice filler when EU isn’t doing anything. Have not seen anything real exciting on other pairs at this stage.

Also, in optimizing the settings on EU in backtesting I can produce settings that will triple the profit potential of the bot but the win ratio drops to about 35%, DD goes as high as 24%, and the number of trades quadruples. Winners become much larger but there are many more consecutive losers. Looking at the end result would make one say wow, I’m going to go for it. The problem is our emotions won’t let us sit through this. After six losers in a row and a drawdown of 24% only those with balls of steel could continue to trade through it. Most will abandon and never see the other side. I have found over the years that I do better with smaller gains, higher win rates, and less stress or worry about my trades. You have to trade your comfort zone and not what the “stats” tell you could be won. Stats mean nothing if you don’t have the strength to get there. Each one of us must trade within ourselves no matter what system we are using. I can’t say it enough, trade management and emotion management are almost more important than the system traded. FGB has allowed me some very safe settings that I can comfortably sit through and enjoy the ride. Ride on FGB!

From the web site of fgb, there was a huge drawdown(-65%) in may, is that corrected? any comment on this ea?