Forex Growth Bot

Such a huge thread!

I’ve read quite a bit of it (a few pages at the front and back to 68 from 100). And have some questions, if someone would be so kind as to help on:

When you buy the bot, do you only get one license (i.e. if you install/run it on a demo account, you can’t then run it on a subsequent live account)?

I’m new to trading (still going through the school) and even more so to EA’s. How important is a good ping? Should you run this off a VPS? What else do I need to consider when looking into this trading stile set up?

I think I can handle a serise of losses, with a recovery with a few big wins, which seems to be this bots style. There has been some talk of closing manually, is anyone using any other closing strategies to protect winners?

Is/has anyone used FXCM MT4 (AU), any opinions on this broker for this bot?

Cheers,
Matt

FGB is not dead :wink:
+225 pips so far for me on pepperstone since yesterday and 1 trade still opened for around +105 pips

some say it losses more than win

Not for me. It just closed the last trade: +353 pips al in all since yesterday.

My account is following exactly the vendor account

care to show ur result here?

not at all:
G-ThinkForex System | Myfxbook

this is the account I ran until this summer with FGB and others. You have to filter by magic number.

But as I said, my account with FGB are REALLY following the vendor account in terms of trades and pips gain/loss. You can even compare with mine.

You should better refer to it:
Forex Growth Bot System | Myfxbook

the 40%+ drawdown kinda scares me off

Hi. I just bought the FGB EA. Whenever I try to put the “indicators” on my chart (using Alapari US, Metatrader 4), the chart stops responding and I have to close it down and restart it to get it working again… anyone have problems with this or have any ideas what I can do to fix this?

Also, anyone know if the EA will work without the indicator? The arrows aren’t showing up on my chart since it causes the system to not respond, but when I put the EA on the chart it seems to be set up correctly with the smiley face in the corner…no trades yet, but I’ve only had it up one day so don’t expect it to trade yet necessarily…just wondering if I HAVE to have the indicators on in order for it to work?

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

Not know anything about fgb, but know very well about ea coding, and i can say that an ea can use the indicator without adding it to the chart. The EAs can comunicate with indicators using an internal function called icustom.

Thank you very much for your reply. I still have not had a trade…curious if anyone else has had a FGB trade today or yesterday…and/or if anyone is using it with the Alpari US broker, and what is the general consensus/opinion about their firm? I may try uninstalling, and reinstalling the Alpari platform and reinstalling the fgb EA…hoping that will help…

Thanks!!!
TK

I’m using Pepperstone Razor and my trades are pretty much matching the official FGB account on myfxbook. I’ve had a few trades yesterday/today and all have been losers. Yay. I’m not sure I understand the strategy FGB uses but watching I kept thinking to myself WHY is it doing THAT?

New to this myself. Also running MDP (no trades since installing it beginning of the week) and Blessing 3 with the commercial AUDNZD set file. Blessing 3 is making profitable trades, only a couple of losers.

edit: Before anyone jumps all over me for using B3 (because it’s grid and martingale-ish) I’m keeping a close eye on it and I’m aware of the risks.

B

do you have a myfxbook account ?

would like to see those blessing settings working! thanks!

I don’t… I’ve been trying to set out up but can’t figure out where to set my investor password in Pepperstone’s client interface, might email them, so I can use the auto-publish part of myfxbook (I think that’s the way to go anyway).

“Hi. I just bought the FGB EA. Whenever I try to put the “indicators” on my chart (using Alapari US, Metatrader 4), the chart stops responding and I have to close it down and restart it to get it working again… anyone have problems with this or have any ideas what I can do to fix this?”

I had the same problem. Would like to know solutions…if any

I guess you can change it in the investor password in MT4 without knowing the old one

FGB all losing trades again today. Does anybody know what it’s strategy is? It seems to basically do the opposite of what I’d do if I were looking at the chart, buys after a huge spike and sells after a huge drop. I’m assuming this is profitable over all since the track record looks ok (and my trades basically match FGB myfxbook).

Another couple losing trades today, but they don’t show up on the vendor’s myfxbook. Blessing seems to keep up with covering FGB’s losses though. :slight_smile:

blaisen1, did you managed to get the myfxbook account for those blessing settings?

Your doing great … started reading all the posts in the thread and seems that this bot is good at entering and would yield the best results if it is manually closed …making it a semi automatic cyborg rather than a complete self dependent robot :slight_smile: :slight_smile: … Thanks Dreuf

[QUOTE=Kurte;436186]“Hi. I just bought the FGB EA. Whenever I try to put the “indicators” on my chart (using Alapari US, Metatrader 4), the chart stops responding and I have to close it down and restart it to get it working again… anyone have problems with this or have any ideas what I can do to fix this?”

Hi Kurte,
I ended up doing a complete uninstall of my MT4, then reinstalled it and added the FGB EA. It works fine now…no more freezing. I had some previous EA’s and indicators on it that might have been interfering with the EA.

Hope that helps!