Forex Growth Bot

I’ve been reconfiguring my demo acct’s on a VPS today so finally ot everything moved over. I have 2 demo accounts using Growth Bot.
1st ThinkForex eurusd 15min
2nd ForexOpen eurusd 15m usdchf 15m

I decided to run bot on usdchf for grins, since I’m in test mode. I have both reporting to my Myfxbook. Once I hit 5 posts with Babypips I can send full url links to reports for comparisons.

Results since yesterday in ThinkForex acct.
01.17.2011 12:45 eurusd
1.33339 1.32813 -52.6 -52.60
01.18.2011 07:30 eurusd
1.33654 1.33707 5.3 5.30
01.18.2011 09:30 eurusd
1.34098 1.33707 -39.1 -39.10
01.18.2011 09:15 eurusd
1.34080 1.34406 32.6 32.60

It’s tempting to pull trigger on profits, but this is my downfall sometimes. It might pay to get upgrade to set SL/TP. I just let this run awhile and see.

Jim

i noticed the top today too…

maybe setting mental TP based on qty of trades that make it to x# of pips like I described before… then (if the EA allows multiple lots)… start scaling out. how much one scales out manually could be discretionary based on the previous price observations as well as long, mid, & short term tops/bottoms/ranges. Even add another level & use fibs.

Open 5 contracts… close 1 at each of 4 targets & let the ea run with the 5th?

As stated though - I am no authority on anything, especially EA’s & you do have a good point about letting the EA do its job. It is still really early on to start making all kinds of changes.

btw - right on about the bus. when forex makes me rich :wink: i’m gonna have one of those too (after i replace my now deceased bmw & recapture my high school days w/a nova).

Sorry for the delay guys, I left on my honeymoon and just got back a while ago. My bot didn’t do too hot as it needed some fine-tuning while I was gone so I lost about 10% on the demo account I was using. No biggie, I am programming it to do fewer trades and have MUCH less risk :wink:

Glad to hear results on FGB so far!

as of 1/19/11 11;30am CT, No trades fired off for today. One thing I’ve noticed on my standard edition bot. It will only buy & sell on the open or close of the 15m candle. So you could have some significant slippage either way in a 15m period. I guess that would be the advantage of setting the SL/TP in upgrade edition. Am I understanding this right? jim

hi guys sorry i didn’t post today. Running around all day and I am beat! I will post more tomorrow.

Just quickly though RDK congrats on your marriage. Good for you. Now its time for some RDK jr’s running around spending all your forex money.

Hey Jim good observation on the trades closing at the end of the candle. I wonder if we could just adjust the trade after FGB opens it and we could set our tp to whatever we want. I don’t mind experimenting a little to see what works best. I’m afraid to mess with the stop loss though. I guess its all relative though.

i noticed the top today too…

maybe setting mental TP based on qty of trades that make it to x# of pips like I described before… then (if the EA allows multiple lots)… start scaling out. how much one scales out manually could be discretionary based on the previous price observations as well as long, mid, & short term tops/bottoms/ranges. Even add another level & use fibs.

Open 5 contracts… close 1 at each of 4 targets & let the ea run with the 5th?

As stated though - I am no authority on anything, especially EA’s & you do have a good point about letting the EA do its job. It is still really early on to start making all kinds of changes.

btw - right on about the bus. when forex makes me rich i’m gonna have one of those too (after i replace my now deceased bmw & recapture my high school days w/a nova).

At the moment I have an Audi with no spark :frowning: I guess you can say its deceased too. I just love German cars I always have.

me too… i killed mine though… straight up murder. XXmph in a hard left hander on a cold morning on cold tires… made every mistake when i started to loose it & bounced off a wall then a tree. i was gonna sell it to get a good amount of cash for a live account… can u start a decent acct with scrap prices these days? :rolleyes:

so how’s the hormone bot doing?

so how’s the hormone bot doing?

hahaha growth hormone i get it lol!!!

Its doing great. no trades since the 18th but I find this to be normal for her.

no trades on eurusd since 1/18, I did get some trades on usdchf though, so far so good. At writing I still have 1 open trade. No magic in picking usdchf, just chose random to see how it would work on other pairs.

I will send update on the trades later today.

Jim

ok here is a link to my trades since opened demo, still way to early to determine anything for me, but looks promising. I let the bot run its course though I was tempted to lock in profits. I am glad I didnt because I would have missed the nice move up on usdchf.

https://www.myfxbook.com/secure/statements/78185/statement.html

can anybody show a screen shot of fgb making trades. also i want to see account history on the bottom demo only.I cannot attach the dll file for fgb the platform crash everytime.this is a large dll file 940

Here is my acct history via MT4, not sure on .dll. Any support from fgb?

I hope the chart is clear enough to see the trades. Right now I have 1 FGB short open (the other is from something different)

I’ll tell ya, I look at the EUR/USD and I see why FGB isn’t trading. It is so blah. Its stuck in this sideways market. earlier it was moving long and had some momentum than it hit what i see as the top of the range that its been in since last november but it doesn’t go south it just dwindles. if this 3500 area holds it will make a nice top. I am waiting to see what happens.

quanttradermt4.dll 941kb

hard to install and hard to delete i have to reset my pc.Mt4 just shut down

hello

I am thinking about buying the ea because it get’s decent reviews unlike almost all the other ea’s i do the trouble to research.However i still do not know on what pairs and timeframes it can be used on.

What timeframes and pairs should the forex growth bot be used on?

Hello Johnny,

I have been following your progress since you began with FGB. I am truly amazed by the fact that I have read so many positive reviews, especially the ones on Forex Peace Army, as well as the Performance Test being ran by Forex Peace Army also. Not only do I trust the people here on BabyPips, I also follow along with the forums and results on Forex Peace Army, as these two sources seem to be the most unbiased when dealing with Forex.

I too will be purchasing FGB and opening an account with FXOpen. I just wanted to ask for a bit of advice from you first;

1. Do you recommend opening a Standard, Micro or an ECN account?

2. What leverage setting do you recommend using?

3. Do you use risk/money management with this EA. If so, are there certain settings you use?

4. What settings do you recommend, or have you ran with only default settings?

Thank in advance,

Chris

Hi,

The documentation that comes with the Bot says it will work on any pairs and timeframe, but it highly recommends and was designed for the EURUSD 15min. The other pairs have not been tested. I am currently testing on EURUSD - USDCHF pairs on a VPS w/demo accts.

The version I have loaded does not show SL/TP and is all managed by Bot. The new standard version (that’s was just released does) There are upgrades that give you more control over this. I will say it would be scary under scenario if power or connection is lost, the Bot would lose control over trade. The manual recommends in this situation to close or monitor open trades. they recommend running app on VPS, but that is not a guarantee. I just started testing last week so still early in the game for me. I have links in earlier posts were you can follow my results near realtime. Jim