- [B]USDJPY -[/B] Japanese July vehicle sales declined by 9.7 percent . Improves on last month?s -11.2 percent annualized figure.
- [B]AUDUSD -[/B] July?s AIG Performance of Manufacturing Index rises to 57.4. The survey was far better than the 53.1 in the previous month and shows support for a rate hike when central bankers next meet. Results combine with higher than expected retail sales for the month of June.
- [B]EURUSD -[/B] Manufacturing surveys in Eurozone printed better than expected results. Germany?s activity came in line with expectations as French manufacturing ebbed in the month.
- [B]GBPUSD -[/B] UK manufacturing activity shows better than expected growth. Combines with recent retail sales data in prompting speculation of rate hike increases past the 6 percent expected.
- [B]Australia?s trade balance[/B] widens more than expected as imports continue to increase. Crosses 1.7 trillion mark.