Market At A Glance
Click here for pdf
Commodity Dollars - AUD/NZD/CAD
- Australian May NAB business confidence survey jumps to +15 from the previous +13. Business conditions rise to 17 from the previous month.
- Reserve Bank of New Zealand Governor Bollard notes that inflationary target may be difficult to achieve, notes that the economy seems stretched.
Japanese Yen - JPY
- Domestic CGPI rises 0.5 percent in the month of May. Headline annualized figure advances 2.2 percent, as expected.
Europe - EUR/GBP
- Industrial production in April declines 0.8 percent in the month, lower than expected as the annualized figure rises 2.8 percent.
- UK May Consumer price index advances 0.3 percent in the month over month, lends to 2.5 percent annualized increase.
- Bank of England Mervyn King notes that inflationary pressures continue to concern central bank, supports speculation of another round of rate hikes.