[B]Market At A Glance
Click here for PDF
[B]Asia - JPY/CNY[/B]
- Bank of Japan monetary policy meeting minutes shed light on gradual approach by central bankers. Members agreed that wages are likely to rise along with consumer spending.
- All industry activity index rises 1.2 percent on the monthly assessment, higher than expected.
- Japan BSI large all industry report shows second quarter decline of 0.9 percent, worse than expected.
[B]Europe - EUR/GBP[/B]
- German May producer prices advance 0.3 percent, higher than expected and sets up spill over potential to consumer sector.
- Bank of England minutes reveal central bank vote was closer than expected. Members voted 5-4 on keeping the benchmark rate changed in the month of June. Notably, Governor Mervyn King was overruled by fellow members. "The Monetary Policy Committee will be watching closely indicators of capacity pressures, pricing intentions and inflation expectations.
- Swiss May producer and import prices rise 0.9 percent, 2.8 percent higher on the annualized comparison.