Forex Price Action

Hello Baojie,

Nice PB but you are trading into support/resistance instead of away from it. We trade away from key levels not into them. Your trade would be heading directly into trouble. Have a read of page 1 of this thread for all of the rules. This will help you greatly friend. G

deleted chart

And the market is going wild! Talk about volatility. Hold on to your toupeā€™s!

I canā€™t believe I got stopped out on the gold daily chart price has sky rocketed. Oh well thought it was gonna be a good one. Next time.

Gold is on a Bullish Run , i just took my nice profit. I entered on the pinbar at 1177.98 and took profit 1255.59. You should always trade as per the trend.

Yep, i was stopped out on gold too Scotty. My stop was too large really, so my RR wasnā€™t the best. Anyway, more attention to money management next time. I did take decent profit on WTI Oil, AUD/CAD, and EUR/AUD today, but didnā€™t post charts as my entries werenā€™t true to this method. I lost so much on my big stop on gold that i basically gave the market the money back from the other wins. Still on demo though.

Hope no-one was on the wrong side of this. Check it outā€¦

Yeap . Mr.Market have thought me a lesson here. I always learn something new whenever I post my trade . Thanks for the comment gforce1

bet there was
a few traders got burnt today.:34:

The most important lesson that anyone can learn from this trade is , put a S/L on your trades when your away from the computer.

Dead right Tony,even then sometimes as Tony would tell you, if price moves too Quickly price can even move past stoploss before its taken out.

Right on buster48 it will go past your stop too at times. Thatā€™s the reason why i donā€™t take a trade before big new come out.

My simple analysis of my failed Gold trade yesterday when i was stopped out. I had placed an order to trade PB short and was triggered into trade by a pip or 2. If my entry was another pip lower i wouldnā€™t have been triggered into this trade. I had also obviously forgotten to draw in the important 1225 level that i now have on the chart! All comments welcome. Thanks, G.

AUD/JPY 4H blended candle PB (4th & 5th bars from right) off KHL long. Swing low heading into some traffic but lets see. I know the weekend is coming up.

Wow I see Alpari have entered into isolvency,I wonder who else is going to go and what the longer effects will be.

Wow indeed! Vale Alpari. Def always have my SL. Have a gr8 weekend Buster.

AUD/JPY trade triggered and going well. Hitting TA about now, so have locked in profits of 1:1 RR. will likely close trade either way before market close for weekend. G

Great job gforce1 and supper idea of closing be4 the week -nd.

Hi Iā€™m new to this forum, and came across this last night, Iā€™m very new to forex and price action looks like a more sensible way to trade, Iā€™ve been using 30m time frames and donā€™t feel like itā€™s the technique for me.

Iā€™m going to do a lot of reading on this thread!

Have a great weekend people :+1:

Thanks Tony. I ended up keeping trade open over weekend but have locked in some profit. Hope any gap doesnā€™t cause a problem with my S/L. Welcome Carl. Page 1 of this thread is a wealth of knowledge, and itā€™s free!

Iā€™m long on USD/CAD from yesterday too off D1 PB off support. Looking for 2:1 RR. It wouldā€™ve been too big a stop to put at bottom of pin, so i improvised and put it higher under some bars. Currently 40 pips in the red, but looking for price to move up next week with lotā€™s of space to run if i donā€™t get stopped out. Have a great weekend everyone. G

Not a bad system at all. Just have to stay on top of it.

Hey all,

Just after a little bit of advice with the below EURUSD D1 chart. I closed a trade with a 150 pip profit on the last candle. Iā€™m a bit confused as to what I should do next, iā€™m not sure where to move s/r levels or whether to believe the next candle is to continue to drop. How will you know when it hits new support levels? My levels seem to match up to the weekly chart, although I think that they should be moving elsewhere to new levels?

My way of thinking is to not act on anything and leave the candles to make their moves over the next few days until I see a new setup?