Forex Price Action

In long on blended D1 candles forming PB off resistance USD/JPY took off nicely eventually. Looking for 2.5 RR. G

No worries James! All in good time friend. I hope you can find a balance that suits you. Look forward to your contributions when you are ready and able.

Best wishes, G.

I have been watching the same PA, but appears I have read the Daily, 4hr and 1hr charts somewhat differentlyā€¦

My interpretation is:

Daily Chart = great BUEB (although not 100% according Foxes method) off decent support but looking back has the uptrend gone sideways? (or am I over analyzing)

4Hr Chart - says to me downtrend with successive LL & LH?

Your entry isnt at a SL on either the 4hr or 1hr and to me is running in to some short term resistance?

This is just my inexperienced take so please do not take offence!

I was keen to get long like you and was hoping to catch a decent spike back to a 61% retrace of the BUEB to keep my entry nearer the support zone and stop smallerā€¦

Fingers are crossed for you though G!

Here are the pairs that, for me, are in the right Event Areas and have potentialā€¦

EUR\NZD & EUR\AUD - looking for a decent SH on the 4hr and confirming PA for a short

NZD\CAD - if the 4hr SL can drop another 50pips and give me a decent PA signal to long I will

GBP\CAD - right area for a short but I cant identify a trendā€¦

AUS\USD - in a good zone for looking for shorts - no decent swings on 4hr or 1hr thoughā€¦

SGD\JPY - little bit more of a drop puts it nicely in the zone for a long

CAD\JPY - in the zone for a short and is the 4hr making a SH?

For what its worth opportunities I have missed and frustrated aboutā€¦

USD\JPY - is this going to prove to be a decent BUEB

USD\SGB - missed a BUEB on 4hr

NOK\JPY - missed a BUEB on 4hr

GBP\NZD - THIS HAS BOUNCED RIGHT OFF SUPPORT - DID I MISS SOMETHING??

GBP\AUD - missed a BUEB in a reasonable EA? (I guess correlated to GBP\NZD)

NZD\JPY - was that a bonefied PB on the 4hr on the 14th 6am to 10am GMT

I dont know about you G (and others) but considering how slowly the PA unfolds and in theory we have so much time to see opportunities brewing I still miss them! - if I can get better at executing then I am well on my way to cracking thisā€¦I do trade Live, with a Micro account, so maybe I am more risk averse as the larger stops strike fear in to me! (I tend to try and set orders to benefit from a spike and therefore get a better entry and smaller stopā€¦am sure if I pay up and join the members forum for Jonthan Foxs website I will learn more about the best methods of executing the signals).

Cheers, James

Thanks James. No, the entry signal is not a BUEB. It is a ā€˜blended candleā€™ as discussed in the early pages of this thread by many, including the Zen master. It is a bit of dark wizardry able to be utilised on occassion. Refer page 1 or early pages of thread for explanation.

Yes you are right re resistance ahead. Trouble area around 120.00 so i may TP there if it looks like reversing.

My entry is above bullish candle, and is from a KHL with uptrend. I have taken the trade on daily chart, so this is the chart/trend i am trading.

Hope that makes sense. Cheers, G.

Thanks for the information

WTI oil target hit off swing high BEEB. 3RR.

I trade a live acct too James, but with this method, strictly demo until i show myself at least 3 months consistent profit. Will check out those set ups. Thanks.

Best wishes, G.

Iā€™ll be sitting down tonight and reading the charts as last couple of days moving my crap. Weā€™ve just moved States so been busy as. Iā€™ve been waiting for a few setups seems I missed the one you got on gforce should be a good trade.

Iā€™ve made the most money off usd/jpy. It seems to agree with me most of the time lol

Itā€™s a fave pair of mine Scotty. The uptrend has been very profitable.

Trade update USD/JPY: Price has reversed a little back below my entry, but no stress yet. The original signal remains valid, so iā€™ll give it more time to play out. In the end, the market will do what it will do, and iā€™m comfortable with my risk. Good trading all. G

AUD/JPY 4H PB. Got in late on this PB off swing high. I jumped on the momentum using the next PB as entry signal. 3R. Almost hit target at next support, so will close trade soon if it reverses.

Edit Update: USD/JPY. closed trade just now for a 12 pip loss to protect capital. This pair has been waffling around like a yoyo the last couple of days and with other JPY pairs going south and me in long on this pair, i will sit it out and wait for new P.A. at a KHL. Trade may well take off in expected direction originally (north), but i can always get in again when market shows some clearer direction.

Update: AUD/JPY trade below closed. 3RR. G

Iā€™m glad it worked for you but this is not a pinbar by FSO rules

Thanks Eternal. Please post a live trade soon.

Love this BEEB on the AUD/USD but damn it, itā€™s not at swing high and also trading into monthly support. Will wait for it to either retrace to resistance, or break through support, then wait for a retrace to new resistance if strong PA presents. Good trading, G.

Iā€™m waiting for the aus usd as well.

Pending order to sell EUR/USD 4H BEEB at 1.5968. 1:2 RR down to monthly support zone. Not a great RR but strong looking signal. (p.s. misses out on being a fully kosher beeb by .2 of a pip but big bar and near enough so iā€™ll take it).

Remember, i am new at this method and still learning so please do not listen to anything i say or do. :22: G

Hey everyone. Glad to see this thread still alive and active one again.

I havenā€™t traded for a couple weeks after New Year and luckily my first trade last night almost hit TP.

NZD/USD. Marked 0.77 on h4/daily the way Johno taught me.
Initially I thought I was going to miss it, again, Iā€™ve been marking levels on a few pairs where price never return to them.

Now I have adjusted my entry over time so itā€™s not FSO anymore. Still, FSO was the foundation which I built upon. Without the solid groud Johno gave me, I wouldnā€™t get to where I am today. ^-^

Thank you Johno and safe trading every one!

Hey Panupat, great to have you in here once again. I know a lot of these newer guys could learn a lot from you, just as I have.

Regarding your trade, you were playing the 15 min BEEB at key flip level? Glad it worked out for you, that was a solid trade. Also smart to manually close TP. I canā€™t tell you how many times Iā€™ve lost a trade because it barely missed my TP and I decided to be greedy instead of reading what the market was telling me and just take what it had given me.

Iā€™m also curious to know your entry method and what you have discovered over the course of your trading journey. If you feel this thread would not be suitable to discuss it, a private message would be most appreciated if you can find the time.

Joey

Hi Pippin glad to see you around :slight_smile: Recognize your avatar right away. Hope youā€™re doing well! I picked up quite a lot of idea especially last quarter of 2014. Iā€™ll be happy to share my idea here but Iā€™ll keep it short.

First is fundamental. I knew NZD released the lowest CPI in 2 years which makes me wanted to sell NZD.

Second is the basic of any profit making - buy low sell high. In FOREX you can sell first and buy later, too. That is why I wanted NZD/USD to move higher first before I sell. This is where technical analysis comes into play as it can tell you where would be a nice level to buy or sell.

Third is the idea that market is manipulativeā€¦ and 1 most forgotten fact among traders who trade looking at digital chart.
Without buyer, you cannot sell.
Without seller, you cannot buy.
How can I buy EUR if no one is selling, right? When the big players want to short, they need others to buy. Thatā€™s why they push price higher, both to lure new buyers and to hit stoploss (which is a buy limit) of those already short. If the big players got all their ordered fill, price will move. Else theyā€™ll keep pushing price to the same level over and over, creating what you see as the ā€œside way rangeā€.

Fourth is the phrase that I discarded and ignored for many yearsā€¦ Risk small, reward big. For the longest time I thought that was unnecessary if I have crazy high win rate. Well, early 2014 I barely lose. But when most wins only gave me 0.5R (even less with spread+swap), 1 lose can set me back 3-4 trades. Anyway, today I try to go for small stop and 5-10R. It does take a lot of pressure out of trading because suddenly I donā€™t need to win all the time. I can lose 3-4 trades in a row and still end up in profit.

That was why I entered NZD/USD on a ā€œchanceā€ price could make a 2 bar reversal instead of waiting for candle close. If I was no occupied with other things, I would have tried to enter much closer to 0.77 with much smaller stop so I can go for larger lot size. Maybe even 5 times larger than I did. If I got stopped out, itā€™s 1R. Else I make 5-10R.

This is where you have to experiment for yourself I suppose how much you want to risk and what R works for you. I go for 5-10R, my win rate is around 15-20%. There was a member at FF, Fezmar, who only win 4-5 times a year and lose all the time, but he went for 100R or even 200R and he ended up making 6 figures in that 1 year. His method was a true eye opener for me. Freed me from any limitations I put on myself. Fezmar deleted his thread already sadly because his friends didnā€™t like him revealing their secrets.

Hey,

Not trying to sound like a ā€œknow it allā€ that makes 6 figures per month because Iā€™m not lol :slight_smile: Just trying to keep you with the basis of [B]THIS[/B] thread. you are making money and thatā€™s what counts but just that J. trading rules are very strict and, since I am assuming you are trying to learn, I am pointing them out to you

Havenā€™t traded any trade this year as per the methods though in his thread (yet) but when it happens I will make sure to post

Cheers and best of luck