Forex Price Action

Aren’t you worried there were no BIG pa setups on this instruments recently? The trend seems to be pretty strong and smooth.

Fil.

I would like to see big pa here as this would give a higher probability setup with more momentum, as long as the pa isn’t small compared to surrounding bars I would consider it, who knows what price will do here, that is if it pulls back to this level! Nobody knows what’s going to happen that’s why we sit on our hands and wait for the market to give us opportunity!

Thanks

Heya,

I have done this in the past and you can also use the account history from MT4 but the benefits of the spreadsheet style is you actually go through the trade. You mark down what levels you want to target and what stop etc etc It taking accountability over the process and having something you can look back on and gain improvement from.

With the myfxbook it is all done for you once the trade is done but you don’t have to go through and set stops, and work out how you are going to play the trade etc

Safe trading,

Johnathon

I am still very new at this but I think I have a nice A+ signal on the 1 hr EURUSD chart.

Hi!

Not really, because the PB didn’t close within the previous bar’s range (body and wicks), so it’s not A+ trade and I wouldn’t watch H1 charts, because they may produce many fake signals (IMO, H4 and D1 are more realiable). Altho this trade may still work out, it’s just not for me.

Read the 1st post in this thread, there u will see a valid PB that we are looking for here (using this trading style aka PA).

Safe trading,
Richard

Cheers Richard!

Still learning so thank you for the feedback and highlighting one part I missed.

Hi all,

USDCHF has resistance turned support with bullish pin bar formation on 4hrly chart - A+ setup for long. Pls comment!

Regards,
Toyogo

This is a gold mine. I am so guilty not having a consistent journal. Hinders me from being consistent. Thanks for your generosity

Your very welcome. Now make sure you use your journal to it’s full benefit!

Hi fergiebom,

All factors constant, i check the charts 3 times a day ( determined by life schedule )
-> My morning: which coincides with Asia close / London Open [ check both H4 and Daily ]
-> The 4-hour candle after London Open
-> The 4-hour candle coinciding with New York open

Yes, being a member of FSO has speeded up my learning curve. There are insights that Johnathon and the Seniors share (via the members’ forum & Advanced Trading,Psychology courses) that you’d take years of trial and error to find out. The development of good trading methods and mindset is well fostered at FSO.

Cheers

Hi bygjj!

As I see it, CADJPY seems to be in a tight range on H4. If I get convincing bearish PA at the top of the range, I will consider taking it.

Cheers!

Hi Toyogo!

For me, two issues: where formed (not at swing low) + candle formation is not commanding

Cheers

Hi Toyogo!

@S/R level: good point!, i’ve adjusted to 1.3010 [ and since S/R is a zone, i think we’re both in the right place :slight_smile: ]

@pinbar: you’re right, it is not an A+ signal; was just pointing it out and giving opinion of where I would like to take PA from.

Cheers!

Nice call nctrades

hey, i miss ya… yes PA needs to be convincing. It seems like there is accumulation going on (got this from other thread hehe) before it goes down.

Cable looks to be forming a nice pin bar on the 4hr at a decent resistance level. What do people think?

Unless I’ve missed it I don’t think I have seen a mention of the big bearish pin on the eurusd 4h, I think a few of us at johnathons site took this and are in a free trade now, personally I have taken just over 20 pips profit with two positions at break even.

Safe trading all

Cable not Fibre (if that reply was to me…?)

Im VERY surprised the 4H pin on EUR has not been discussed!

Sorry just saw Juicy comments.

Cheers

I took the fibre pin, got 30pips. With regards to the cable, my broker is GMT, and, although it hadn’t closed, was forming a great pin on the 4hr (it now doesnt look so great!!). Interestingl, on the pepperstone mt4 , there wasnt a pin at all!

I still dont understand why GMT isnt used. I understand the logic of a day closing at new york close, but the majority of forex trading is done in good old blighty (i.e. London) and I would assume that most banks etc would be using 00.00 GMT as the start of day?