Forex Price Action

Hi Johnathon

I hope you do not mind… here are a few more charts for your review… I was only allowed to attach 5 in my last post.

What do ya think? Am I on the right track?

G

E/A Daily Possible short at resistence setting up.

E/CAD H4 Possible short at resistence setting up.

NZD/USD Daily possible short at resistence & a pin bar.

A/CAD Daily possible short at a pull back to resistence .

CAD/JPY H4 possible long at support w/ a VBRN & a BUEB

Thanks in advance for any critiques.

G

Thanks Johnathon - I am still waiting for that light switch to flick on . ( LOL ) Can you confirm if I have understood what you have been saying:
There is a good signal to short on the GA which is identified at the break of the Pin Bar Low. It seems from your comments that you will not set an order to enter this trade straight away until you have seen what PA is doing. If price accelerates away from the entry point - trade is missed but no problem. If price retraces back up on that particular PB, this gives a good opportunity to set a pending order to go short at the break of the PB low if that was to happen but you do not try & enter short during that retracement. In other words - the break of the PB low remains the entry trigger.
Thanks for all of your sharing.

Hello,

no not what I do. When I see a signal I like, once it has finished I set the order to enter when the next candle opens. If I had a signal I liked today to enter that has just finished forming on the daily chart I would set orders to enter at the break now. There is nothing to wait for.

The only time I don’t do that is if I am trading a daily signal that was made on the last day of the week (Friday). Obviously we have to set orders to enter on Monday to enter a Friday candle. The only problem with this is the first 1-2 hours of monday brings crazy spreads and if you set orders during this time you will quite often be entered even though price has not broken the candle to validate the signal. So what I do is wait for this period to pass and then set orders to open. Make sense?

Hello G,

I don’t have time to go through all these at the moment. I will try tomorrow when back in the office as travelling today.

Johnathon

Hi guys just noticed a beautiful looking pin bar seems to be forming on H4 Eurusd to go long… I normally hate this pair especially going long but I think I might even put in an order and if all goes to plan

Hi Belinda!

Thanks for sharing. Unfortunately, this H4 pinbar is not for me
-> small, & formed during Asian session (low volatility)
-> big UK boys were on holiday yesterday, would rather wait till they wake up…

I’m actually waiting for long opps, but on the 1.2400 BRN once price (hopefully) completes its rotation back to previous resistance. Best of luck though if you do choose to take it!

Cheers

A nice big red engulfer just completed on GBPAUD H4 > off resistance …
maybe its gonna do the do for us… just maybe lol…
pw

Good eye Belinda! I also saw that setting up prior to UK open & took it long @ 1.2486 I have since taken off 1/2 my position banking 45 Pips & have moved my SL a bit above B/E.

I also took the same trade on USD/CHF opposite correlation.

Currently up 120 Pips between the two.

Thanks Johnathon! :wink:

E/U

U/CHF

Nice work GPip… well done…
pw

Hello!

What do u make out of this one?

GBP/JPY D1

The very recent trend is bullish and now a PB is forming, also rejecting round number (@124.00). Altho there still is a time for it to close.

Richard

I see resistance at 125.45 which gives you some running room. Still I’m not really impressed with the size of that pinbar.

Yeah exactly, I’m concerned about the size too.

Richard

I’m still short on GBP/AUD and EUR/CAD based on good-sized pinbars and am behind on both right now.

My orders didn’t get triggered on GBP/AUD, because I placed them 2-3h later at the break of the friday’s candle to avoid the huge spreads and chaos that may be caused in the first hours on monday’s morning.

Richard

Thanks PW, really apreciate that! Compliments go a long way.

Just a quick update on my two previous trades today on E/U & U/CHF

I had moved the stops up to protect gains & have since closed out both trades.

150 Pips total today. 5.34%

G

E/U 85 Pips

U/CHF 65 Pips

Very nice job. I’m still looking for those A+ setups. Both of these trades (while having a small PB) worked as they were in line with the overall trend. My GBP/AUD was entered too early (Sunday late) and wasn’t in line with the current trend. My other EUR/CAD was inline with the current trend and might still go if I’m lucky. Luckily this is all on demo. I’m doing some stupid things there to figure out my mistakes. Easier to learn from mistakes (like entering on Sunday night) than from too many successes early on. I’m seeing the charts well thanks to Johnathon and this thread.

Hi to everyone. Have attached my trade on the USCAD. There was an IB that provided an entry below the 0.9900 RN. Overall trend was down so was confident that this would resume. Price touched my TP exactly but did not close me out. I exited manually for a lesser profit,.

::

i have these 2 on my watch list and have just set pending orders. Does anyone agree or disagree ?
Love some feedback:45::23:

Hi Richard,
How many pips away from valid pa bars do you place your entry orders … in this case how many pips below last fridays pin…if its ok to ask …
Thanks
pw

It’s fine. Usually about 5-10 pips, but it depends on the situation and TF.

Richard