Forex Price Action

Is it really a PB we are looking for here? For me it has closed 2 pips below previous day’s low. Is it still a valid PB?

GBP/JPY D1

Richard

Hi guys… for those of you who want to know when to enter I usually place a buy order at the right on the first support level just below the price, that way as price bounces between support and resistance there is almost no chance of getting a negative number - also you can place a really tight stop because you know instantly if it starts goinb beyond that support level you are screwed and best let it bump out, take the couple of dollar loss and try again… better than getting stuck $50 down on a trade…

Can u please visualize your thought with a chart?

Richard

OK This kinda what I do - Now this is just a 1hr Chart or GBPUSD - But youll get the idea - If i find a set up on a Daily chart, then i will move down to the 4hrly to see what price is actually doing and to spot support and resistance zones. OK in the attached chart Price is currently Sitting almost right on the support line - what you do is you wait for price to break that support zone in the direction that you think its going to go in… once it does, place a limit buy or sell depnding on direction a couple of pips above or below the support line (depending on going long or short) and as it comes back to retest support it will grab your order on the way back and then you are in the perfect spot…

Hi meadsie,

I am assuming the top chart is G/J Daily? Please include the pair and time frame. Thanks!

It is a pair I also had on my watch list posted back on post #3340 and it looks like it may have come to fruitation. I am still undecided but I may take it.

Just use caution trading G/J they don’t call it the beast for nothing. LOL

G :smiley:

Hi Richard - Agreed that the Pin on GJ Daily is just outside Johnathon’s guidelines by 2pips. However , I have applied the following reasons to let it slip into the category of an acceptable PA bar: The actual pin is x3 times the body, there is a clear rejection of the 124.00 level , the low of the pin is at a clear 50% retrace of this latest run up , a trade Long here will put me back in the original direction of main trend.
So yes - you are quite right my friend. Technically not a strong PB , however I have placed it in the context of the story it is trying to tell me. Thanks for the response, it certainly gave me good reason to re-question the way I am seeing things. That can only be good for all of us eh?
Happy pipping to you - this is a neat thread would you agree .:35:

Greetings G,
Yep you are spot on with that being GJ. I have looked back at your post and to be really honest with you, I was unable to identify accurate chart readings or prices etc. I think the problem here with all of our charts posted, is that they cannot be enlarged as in similar forums. I try to zoom in to the recent chart action to make it easier to read for you guys & gals. I recall from somewhere that there is an MT4 indicator which allows larger x + Y axis print. I will report back shortly if anyone is interested. Meantime - I will remember to CLEARLY IDENTIFY my charts. Chat soon.:22:

Apologies folks - I must have been dreaming about MT4 having an indi that could upsize the chart font. Must have been NinjaTrader only I guess. Sorry to get anyone’s hopes up here - I am writing again to MQL4 to see if there is any update. Meantime, I will try to maximise my charts before posting.:57:

Howdy Belinda - this sounds really interesting and I too would like to follow what you are trying to do with your entries. Like I have said in my last post , unless there is a special way on Babypips to enlarge charts, it is really difficult to see even the largest print.Would you mind trying the zoom button to maximum and re - post that chart for us. Even wearing my marmite - jars ( glasses ) I struggle to see clearly sometimes - like Mr. Magoo I guess ( LOL )
:22:Cheers.

Hey meadsie

That chart of mine was a bit early from a few days back but it has since dropped to the highlights where I was expecting a PA candle such as you have now pointed out. Thanks for the heads up!

As far as enlarging screen shots …I was recently told to hold down your CTRL key and scroll your wheel on top of your mouse and it will enlarge any page you are on.

G

Hello SB,

you sound like a great trader! I think you should start your own thread to discuss your strategies etc as there would be a lot of interest by the sound of things from members.

As you know we do things differently to you and it is going to become very hard to continue to help and teach people the way I trade with a simple and clear method in this thread if there are people doing and using different things.

Johnathon

Been waiting for that … yep … not if but when …lol…
no offence intended to either of youz

Hi Johnathon,

I have started following your thread and i am a newbie and i have few questions on the same. Please reply me.

1. When you do actually enter a trade and how? Means you see a Pin bar is 4 hr/ 1 day chart at resistance level/support level…when you will make entry in the trade?

2. How you will determine SL for good money management?

Aariff

Hello and welcome!

I’m not Johnathon, but things here are like this:

1. We enter the trade after breaking the high/low of the PB depends on what trend u are going in. Same applies on 2BR’s, EB’s. I’m usually setting my entry 5-10 pips above/below the candle’s high/low, but for me it depends on situation and TF I’m using.

2. Johnathon doesn’t go into details about money management here, because it wouldn’t be fair to his members. How I do it - S/L is usually placed at other side of the 2BR, EB or PB…like 5-10 pips above/below its tail (same as with the entry just from other side).

Hope this helps,
Richard

Thanks Richard for your reply.

Now i have one more question. Probably i might have missed something from original thread.

You said we enter trade after breaking high/low of PB in the trend…so you mean we don;t trade the retrace.

If yes, how we are determining the trend ? is it by looking into larger TF charts? which TF is best for trading. I did see Johnathon used 12 hour and daily chart for trading but how he determined the trend there? I thought the setup is to just look into the PA’s in support/resistance and make an entry there…I am quite confused about about looking trend also now.

Aariff

The trend we take in consideration is from the recent swing, we are not the big guys, who are waiting for months to catch the big moves of the market. Let me illustrate this:

NZD/USD D1

Zoomed out so u can see the recent swing.

NZD/USD D1

As u see in the chart I attached, I’m only looking at the recent trend. The sup/res levels are mostly drawn from recent proven retracements. So in this case I would wait for a valid and obvious PA signal to go long at the red marked area.

We treat each TF seperately, so there wouldn’t be any confusion, for example, if I see a nice valid PA signal from a proven sup/res line on D1 chart, then I’m gonna manage the trade on the same chart till the end of it.

Richard

Thanks for taking time in making me understand.

Will keep posted while trying and learning from this post/this method.

Aariff

Hi Jonothan,

I actually do pretty much trade your price action method but I found that there is essential pieces of information missing that you need to be a profitable trader - one example is timing your entires correctly… No one anywhere seems wiling to share this information with anyone (Or at least for free). BTW I have no idea if what I am saying is hogwash or not because noone in the kmow seems to want to comment on what I say - so I have to assume I am right considering it all seems to work - but all I know is I have spent a lot of time trying to figure this stuff out… and I am just trying to share helpful bits of information to compliment your methods wth people so they can be successful. You must want to keep this stuff a secret though so I’ll shut up… It’s OK I’ve had to do that a lot in real life to because I piss people off cause I’m too smart for my own good… Good luck everybody - if anyone is interested in what I have to say send me a message…

oh dear…!

I think it’s more about keeping this thread clean and purely practising what johnathon teaches as this is his thread, as incorporating other techniques and ideas may get confusing for the newer guys. If you have a slightly different approach or method I would suggest starting your own thread and discuss there! :slight_smile:

Regards

After finishing all 338 pages of the thread and actually reading 90% of the posts I just wanted to say hello and thank you to everybody for contributing to this thread. I dont know how often I will be able to post and contribute too, but i thought I could start off with a neat little setup on USDSGD daily that I am not quite sure about.

It is difficult for me to determine the trend and therefore decide which way to trade.
On the one hand we have a nice down trend. In a down trend the PB (closed hardly 1 pip above the previous candles high) tested support turned resistance but did not yet break lower.
But on the other hand it could also be possible that the trend is reversing.

Is this already the 1,2,3 pattern that Jonathon talked about in the quote below and we are now in a new uptrend and should be looking for longs?

So my analysis:

• PB at retracement in a downtrend
  • good level
  • acceptable size
  • room to drop lower

There would probably be no trade as the price is climbing higher as I am typing this and the PB’s low was not broken. But still your opinions on this are much appreciated. Maybe I’m missing some points.