Forex Price Action

I made a long and detailed reply as to why this is not the type of pin we ever want to trade on page 350 here: http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/42378-forex-price-action-350.html#post393691

This is not a Pin we should be trading. Too small and more importantly it did not stick out at all. It was formed back in traffic.

Johnathon

Hey all,

NFP to day so thing could be quiet and then mayhem later tonight (my time) keep in mind if you are taking positions mainly on USD pairs. This is the only thing I avoid or even know is coming around. All the rest I would not even have a clue but NFP is erratic.

Johnathon

Hey all,

NFP to day so thing could be quiet and then mayhem later tonight (my time) keep in mind if you are taking positions mainly on USD pairs. This is the only thing I avoid or even know is coming around. All the rest I would not even have a clue but NFP is erratic.

Johnathon

Thanks meadsie, yea av gone through a the first couple of pages and then jumped to the last couple of pages too to get on the real time postings and not miss out on the action. I think am catching on gradually, iā€™ll post as we go. nice work guys

You will gather a lot going through the first 20-50 pages and have a ton of questions answered also.

Thanks Boss, will do thatā€¦ just dont wanna miss some live action while am at it.:smiley:

Hey guys, hereā€™s a chat of AUDCHF daily, dunno if i placed that pivot well and if so, i guess theres a 2 BR reversal there, would anyone advise going long on this pair? correct me if wrong plsā€¦

Fxboss, personally, I would not go long there despite that being nice price action off of a level that clearly has reacted in the past. The recent trend is downwards, and I would recommend going with that trend. This PA is likely a signal of the first retracement in this downtrend.

Hi FXB ,
Agreed that the major trend was down and certainly you would need good reason to go Long here - but to throw the old spanner in the works, I have looked at this one being a strong zone for a bounce , it is at roughly 50 % retracement and the weekly chart is forming a pretty solid PinBar at us.
This is a case for some expert comment from Johnathon perhaps ??:22:

Yes I see what you mean? Do you think I should recheck my closing times? That trade was successful I closed at the first resistance level to lock in some profit and let it run and placed a 20 pip trailing stop on it to give it room but still protect profits.

Will try the next time I see one. But basically if the AUD/JPY was in a recent downtrend and has been closing all red and we get a bullish price action signal, how would you feel on trading against the recent downtrend up to the last support level as resistance.

John this is a great example we would not be going along with the downtrend but its obvious it has to retrace at some point.

Spot onā€¦

Quoting Bryce:

It is better to be out of a trade and wishing you were in it, than to be in a trade and wishing you were out of it!
[ and only one of those scenarios saves you capital ]

:slight_smile:

I agree with Casey, i think this may be a retracement of the recent downtrend.
I will look for SHORT PA to rejoin the recent downtrend around the S/R zone lining with 38.2 Fib

Cheers!

Hi again,

Iā€™m not the Boss aka J!, but my comments on this below:

1. Switching timeframes is a slippery slope
    -> My earlier post (and the initial query) were on the Daily, so thatā€™s separate and I will not compare the two

2. My opinion for the weekly:

-> The same S/R zone thatā€™s the 38.2Fib for the Daily downtrend, is also the 38.2Fib for the weekly uptrend (just a neat ā€˜coincidenceā€™, Iā€™m not putting any significance to it :slight_smile: )

-> The weekly ā€˜pinā€™ ( candle not closed ) can not be a valid pin ( wick != candle body x 3 ). Maybe the best it can close as is a BUEB ( and it has less than 12hours to do so, what are the chances! :slight_smile: ). But if it were to do so, then it would close above the S/R zone, and be a valid PA ( in my book ) on the WEEKLY (analysis of the DAILY totally separate)

Cheers!

Good reply Dude,
I think that it is best to concentrate on a Time Frame and the signals that appear on it.I recall from Jā€™s earlier posts that we should not mix charts. If the daily shows a signal then that is the chart we should use to enter & manage our trade. This point is now well taken on board . Thanks for high - lighting this again.:wink: Off to bed now - 10.30 Fri Nite here - see you all on Monday. Have a relaxing weekend.

Hi guys, thanks for the lessons. This is a recent chart again of the AUDCHF daily. I want to ask, even if it was a retracement couldnt one have traded it and take profit at the resistance point above? cos somehow that could been some cool pips tooā€¦

Hey fxboss

One could of done as one pleases, question is do you want to trade everything you see good or bad?

Your trading plan should have you in good setups and out of bad ones.

Cheers

Hi fxboss,

Hindsight is always 20/20 (i.e, perfect).

Many saw the AUD pairs forming bullish signals yesterday (some better than others)
But I personally thought they were all pulling-back before continuing lower.

I could be wrong, but not trading them has saved me capital, so Iā€™m not in the least worried whether or not a trend reversal is occurring, there will be more opportunities. And if I happen to be right, I can rejoin their downtrend in the coming hours/days.

Johnathon & Bryce have put it out before that if one is not yet making money trading the tested PA-after-pullback-to-rejoin-trend, not a good idea to trade counter-trend signals. However, if itā€™s in your trading plan (as Spongybob has pointed out), it really is up to your discretion.

Cheers!