Forex Price Action

hi friend…i dint get u correctly…may be i need to know about that more deeply…so can u …?

guys… help me…

During Asia session (after daily candle close) spread usually widens, so during the day you may have spread 3 pips on some cross pair but during Asia session it may be e.g. 8 and this can be important when deciding to take or not to take trade.

u mean…difference between bid and ask price?

is that really change on some pairs? or all pairs?..thanks for ur concern to tell me…

IMO, #s 5, 6 & 7 are valid 2BRs

Howdy all

EURUSD APPROACHING possible support zone and 50% fib area. Watching for PA to confirm. Opposite for USDCHF

i heard different different words…like…second candle close is above 50% of the first candle…

and ,…second candle wick must be larger than first one’ wick…(upper shadow for down trend signal and lower shadow for up trend)

that mean…it went higher or lower to the previous candle high…and reversed ?

please reply me guys…looking for ur response…

thank u dudest for ur quick reply…what about 8?

and remaining r not 2bar reversal?..because…i heard different different words…like…second candle close is above 50% of the first candle…

and ,…second candle wick must be larger than first one’ wick…(upper shadow for down trend signal and lower shadow for up trend)

thats why i am asking u again…please dont mind…thank u

Hi fxsrikanth

IMO I think you need to google 2bars and other PA that we use. Also you can get many examples from previous pages and on Johnothans site.

Cheers mate

I’ve been price action trading for about 3 months now. I’m familiar with the strategy and searching for the best fit for me as far as time frames. Generally I stick to the daily. I wanted to ask some of the other traders if they have a mindset similar to mine or take the H4 and Weekly trades also? I know below H4 things can become a little inconsistent as far as A+ price action setups.

Hey Bigd41190

You have to decide what works best for you personally. There are many factors to consider, do you work full time, do you have access to the markets during the day ect ect.

Im in South Africa, the daily candles close at 11pm my time, so I prefer the 4hour charts as London is only an hour or two (Depending) behind.

Hope it helps, Cheers

Hi,

Hmm…8 looks likely, but I guess i didn’t pick it coz I first thought “inside bar” when I saw it…
Still, the ones I’d risk money on are 5, 6 & 7 (my opinion)

The best 2BRs close near/beyond the open of the first bar.

For engulfing bar, the 2nd bar must fully engulf the first one (incase that question’s next)

Also, i really need to ask you: have you read through the first 50pages?

Keep it simple, otherwise you’ll get confused.

Cheers

Perfect. These are things I have to take into consideration. I currently work in switzerland So NY close is about 12 my time I believe? 4 pm EST?? Not sure if correct or not. I assume the H4 trades have to be managed more carefully than the D1’s which is why access to the markets during the trading session matters. Thanks alot. Gives me something to build on

Hi,

Johnathon has told me that the 2BR is equivalent to a blending of 2 candles that formed a pin bar. Thus only 5,6, 7,8 are valid one.

Regards,
Toyogo

Yes it’s difference between bid and ask and of course it’s different on every single pair. Spread widens all the time according to trading session or news releasing, so for example if you see good trade and first target is about 40 pips it’s ok but what if spread is e.g. 10 pips (some cross during Asia session or exotic pair with even higher spread), then the spread would eat 1/4 of your profit. In other words when you enter, you would be -10 pips and when you reach your target your real profit would be 30 pips instead initial 40.

Hiya Bd ,
Personally I prefer H4, but only in direction of D1 trend …as stops dont need to be as wide as on longer time frames …
It comes down to the level of risk you are prepared to take on i guess…,
and yes I know the boss teaches to trade the trends within the trends, and not to look up to what the longer time frames are doing,
but for me I just dont feel comfortable … lets say… going short on H4 if D1 trend is UP! … cos that seems a counter trend trade to me …
just my opinion as a learner, with more experience …perhaps I will get around to Mr Johnathons way of thinking… but not yet…

cheeers
pw :5:

Hi Dudest, puzon,

I’ve taken this trade in early Asia open (Japan) even though Johnathon has warned that he usually does not trade the early Asia market especially on Monday (opening of the week). It is a very quick and profitable trade as I entered short @126.70 and profit target @125.50 - + 120pips!

Indeed, I called this trade a quick and easy one because I am also on 2 other trades - EURSGD (2 Oct with BUEB) lasts 5 days with only 140pips and EURGBP (28Sep with daily pinbar) lasts 7 days with only 130pips. These are a lot more difficult to manage as I have to take profit in 2-3 stages.

Cheers!

Toyogo

Hi,

I’m glad you took the trade, that’s great! I’m still in at and locked in on 110 pips for sure. If I get more that’s great but I’m already a very happy camper! :slight_smile:

Thanks!

puzon

Hi puzon,

I am out for a reason as 125.50 is a resistance turns support area. Unless you are looking for breakout from this level and going for the next support @124 and then @121 (which will be a weekly view).

Regards,
Toyogo

Hi Toyogo,

My theory is that I’m already locked in on 110 pip profit, more than I expected so I’m going to let it run as long as it can. My SL is much tighter now to keep my 110 pips so there is a high probability I will get stopped out. However, in case it pushes down farther I can get more profits, if not I will walk away with 110 pips. I think it follows the logic of cut your losses short and let your profits run long…

Thanks!

puzon