Forex Price Action

Hi liangko

Nice levels and nicely said about EUR/GBP. The pull back was too small and at no key support level.

As for your EUR/AUD setup, I had the same levels marked on my 4hour but had no large PA signal.

Cheers mate

I have a short position in on this pair. Its sending mixed signals iā€™m strapped in and curious as to what will happen

He is right great call on this! I think I will have to sit this EUR/AUD one out wouldnt want to double my exposure here. Kudos Belier!

Whats everyoneā€™s opinion when you get two valid signals but the pairs are negatively correlated. I thought I saw someone mention that you can split your risk? I dont quite undertand this concept. But Iā€™m curious as to what everyone would do especially if both signals are A+. I attached an image also

I Didnā€™t take this trade because of the trend and VBRN support near by.

Goodā€¦am learning somethingā€¦ so far only one failure trade (only one trade was taken so far as well)in EURUSD H4 few days back for a Pin barā€¦which taught me lesson of BRNā€¦

Not taking a failure trade also a learningā€¦

Aariff

Not sure about A+ signals you mentioned.
I see the inside bars on both pairs.

Right I was speaking hypothetically. But this snapshot was the best example I provide. And i meant the pins that were still live. I havent learned much about trading the inside bar

Hi folks!

Long time no posting, but reading constantly. Good to see some new people on the thread. Welcome to all.
Checking my charts today and noticed noone has mentioned so far AUD/CHF D1 BEEB.

• strong bearish close
  • with the recent down-trend
  • from the swing point
  • a bit of distance from VBRN 0.95 giving some space for generating good profit

My biggest concern is its smallish size.
Am I correct?

Any other comments?
Has anyone marked the same level?
Maybe already in the trade?

Fil.

Havenā€™t seen any that I liked.

Hi did you mean pin bar? Iā€™ve had my eye on this for a while. Are you planning on entering this trade?

True, all ended up being more indecision candles.

Hey there Fil!

Yes, you are absolutely correct. Itā€™s way too small comparing to previous candles. I have marked pretty much the same level as you have. This trade definitely is not for me, altho Iā€™m not saying it wonā€™t work out.

Richard

Hi Jay,

Technically yes, it is a PB, you are right, but EB as well.
I prefer calling PBs the candles that have much longer and eye-catching wick.

If it engulfs, itā€™s Engulfing to me.

No matter how you look at it: this is [U]the kind of[/U] PA signal we are looking for in here; the question is - is level strong enough to hold? Is the PA large enough? Is it according to my plan? (Some ppl have more riskier plans than othersā€¦) How many other traders around the world think the way I do? :wink:

Fil.

As always Rich, good to know your 3 pips on the matter!
Safe trading to you all.

Fil.

One last question before I go to sleep.

Am I looking at too much data when analysing my charts?
Jonathon mentions recent up-trend here:
EURAUD Pin Bar

I marked on my charts level of 1.2636 as a problematic one, as it was a bottom(ish) of a range back in April-June 2012 therefore the PB would be playing straight into it.

Should I be concerned by such an old resistance/support area?
Are you concerned by such data when [U]you[/U] analyse charts?

Fil.

Hi Bigd,

Splitting risk (in this context) means dividing the risk between the two correlated pairs that you want to trade at the same time. So if you usually risk 3% per trade, youā€™ll now risk 1.5% per (correlated) pair ( total risk remains 3% ).

Cheers

Hi Fil!, long time :slight_smile:

I think itā€™s smallā€¦

What do you think of the D1 AUDCAD?

Cheers :slight_smile:

Right! Your cries have been heard!

My opinion:

1. Nice bearish rejection of a key area. But I would avoid trading it ( less movement room, not as swing high as I would like )

2. AKA ā€˜hanging manā€™/inverse pinbar -> this one says the truth, that price wants to go down. However, I do not trade this signal, just find it helpful to reading the whole story

3. My kind of pinbar! Entry at break of pin, SL at high of pin, TPā€™s at key low areas.

4. This bullish pinbar is at swing high => not trade. Shows that support has been rejected and price may want to move higher. But is NOT a PA signal/trigger

5), 6), 7), 8) => all factors constant, same (for me) as 1), 2), 3), 4) above.

Summary: the only ones Iā€™d consider trading are 3) and 7), and of the two, I find 3) best for a SHORT trade.

Cheers

Firstly - I do not watch this pair
Secondly - very interesting level:

• rejecting 1.005 from 5/09/2012
  • rejecting 1.009 - top of the range from May 2012
  • with recent down-trend
  • IMHO big chances to get to FPA of ~0.999

Great spot!
Much better than AUD/CHF D1.

Although Iā€™m always getting confused how to treat this kind of bars, as PBs or rather indecision bars???

I treat this kind of bars as pinbars, coz of where the bodyā€™s at :slight_smile:

I consider it indecision when the body is tending toward the middle of the bar

:slight_smile: