Forex Price Action

Not Jonathon, but if you zoom out you will see that is the next resistance level. It is the first swing low on the previous large downward trend.

Russ

thanks dudestā€¦what do you say on this chart? Have u seen this ? Or do you have any other than this pairā€¦?

ACTUALLY I DINT SEE THIS YESTERDAYā€¦WHEN IT IS FORMINGā€¦JUST NOW I HAVE SEEN THISā€¦IF THIS IS NICE SETUPā€¦THEN I MISS 1 TRADEā€¦ :34:

Hey mate itā€™s still up to you how you would trade ranges, what i said is just how i do it based on experience. Cant really say I incorporate VBRNs into my trading but what i understand about them is that theyā€™re support/resistance levels as well that we should be aware of. Sorry donā€™t really pay attention to them much (maybe now i ought to).

Hey, I see. Just checked it myself. Thanks!

One of the setups i was eyeing as well but didnā€™t take because i was hesitating, itā€™s size (BUEB) for me is kinda in the middle. Not feeling it that much. But it seems to be working though. Anyone else wants to comment?

Hi there, actually this setup has been discussed in few pages earlier. There are some of us in this trade including myself. Yea. this setup is playing out nicely at the moment.

Cheers!

Hi there, know that you ask for dudestā€™s opinion but I would like to shed some light on this if you donā€™t mind.

IMHO, I would say that this particular pair has losing its uptrend momentum as you can see the price failed to break higher and lower high was formed after the rejection at resistance level (red line). It seems like the sellers are now taking control and the price may go lower.

Despite a BEUB has been formed at support level (turned from resistance level), it may only serve as short term support level. On top of that, the BEUB formed is relatively big but not HUGE enough to convince me to take this trade given that the BEUB has wicks at its upper and bottom which indicates more like a indecision signal to me.

With all these uncertainties, Iā€™m not into this trade.

Hope it helps.

Thanks.

my goodnessā€¦very nice explanationā€¦after reading ur replyā€¦i am with uā€¦hmmmā€¦

So do we trade only long positions only if it makes higher highā€™s and pullbackā€™s?

There was a BEEB at the last swing high on the daily, Iā€™ll post a snapshot

Hi,

I saw it, but was not convinced to take it ( no fancy explanation, just by eyeballing the chart ).

My possible considerations in chart below.

Cheers

I ended up taking the AUD/CAD last night and then dropped out at BE. It likely has some room to move down, but I didnā€™t like the R:R in light of day.

I also closed my EUR/GBP at a loss early due to the rejection of the support level on the 4 hour candles. That one was a counter-trend, and I watch those much more closely.

hi dudestā€¦thanks for the replyā€¦now i understoodā€¦

i have seen this kind of analysis with Mr.Johnathon alsoā€¦123 or abc patternā€¦

if u dont mindā€¦can u tell me how u use thatā€¦?

i am sorryā€¦i think i am asking too many questionsā€¦but those r important for meā€¦ :confused::confused:

when a pair fail to make hhā€¦then wait for short paā€¦or go long if it make higher high again (after pullback)ā€¦is this wright?

Still in on my EUR/GBP Iā€™m going to give it to 4 pm est and pull the plug also. I dont like being in a trade knowing that there is a high probability Iā€™ll be stopped up. Gets me all rattled lol

Still in on my EUR/GBP Iā€™m going to give it to 4 pm est and pull the plug also. I dont like being in a trade knowing that there is a high probability Iā€™ll be stopped out. Moved my TPā€™s to breakeven so I will not take a loss if they dont reach by 4 then Ill take my losses. Gets me all rattled lol

Hi Johnothan and all peeps.
Is it me? Or my newbie rigid mindset,Have we thrown the A+ signal concept out of the window?
Or can we trade even the A+ signal even though it has has elapsed and try to chase it, cause thats what I see happening lately on this thread.

Juniors are taking B+ signals that were deemed as a no go zone.
Contributors are seldom playing this game too.

Please bring back the toungue lash.

Hence us being ā€œJuniorsā€ā€¦ Outside of the big guy Iā€™m not sure if anyone else has fully mastered the art of price action tradingā€¦

Hi Bigd41190!
Iā€™m in EUR/GBP daily too. for days the tradeā€™s gone worse, but it hasā€™nt reached SL at the top of BEEB ( completed in 09, october), i think i should be patience, not 100% trades are perfect.

Hi liangko! Yours are one of the few black charts I enjoy looking at :slight_smile:

Hi guys!

Iā€™m still in both the EURGBP and AUDCAD ( both were A+ setups in my books: @ key levels + solid PA )

Thereā€™s alot of good to be said for cutting losses short ( when itā€™s done based on solid PA clues that price is not going to go the way that was earlier thought). So I respect u guys for making the call based on how you saw it.

Though theyā€™ve not began by moving as fast as I would like, Iā€™m hanging on to them (as per my pre-trade plan).
Iā€™ve accepted more and more that even good setups destined to be winners often dilly-dally before going off in the intended direction ( dilly-dally = retrace on lower timeframe or initial opposition by the other guys).

In a worst case scenario, in the words of the Whipsaw Song [ thanks to Johnathon for sharing :slight_smile: ] => ā€œā™«ā€¦our stops are in so thereā€™s nothing to do!..honey/trader/baby mineā€¦ ā™«ā€

Cheers :slight_smile:

Hi Zaku,

I think Bigd was talking about how he was planning to manage the trade he was in; he wasnā€™t chasing a signal.

Thereā€™s only so much //tongue-lashing// that Mr J or anyone can do when guys take B+ signals [ he has his own trading to do :slight_smile: ]

Of course learning is a process, and one will easily take fake signals when learning the ropes. Thatā€™s the point of [B]going through the thread[/B] and [B]practicing on demo[/B] and [B]posting up charts[/B], to learn the ropes without burning the flesh off oneā€™s fingers.

Thanks for pointing things out to keep the thread on track, good show!

Cheers!

Dude, the 1-2-3 pattern is the heart of this method! Thatā€™s what Mr J has been teaching all along :slight_smile:

We enter trades [B]after pullback[/B] and [B]with the trend[/B] ( 1 -2 -3 pattern )
[ the exception is when trading ranges, in which case we enter at the extreme high/low of the range ]

When price is making higher highs and higher lows ( aka uptrend/upswing ), we look to go long after price has pulled back to key area

When price is making lower highs and lower lows ( aka downtrend/downswing ), we look to go short after price has pulled back to key area

Hope that helps.

Cheers!

Correct Dudest. I have been practicing Price Action trading for about 2.5 months now. Iā€™m now settling in and starting to see the light, but this has been the first instance(like you mentioned in the post before) that Iā€™ve seen Price action signals going against my original signal. This has occurred for instance on the 4H if I executed a trade on D1, but I cannot say it has happened on the same timeframe up until now.

Iā€™m still learning and this threw me off a little bit. Iā€™m going to record it in my trading journal and look on from the sidelines. Hindsight is always 20/20, but nonetheless I will still lern something from this trade.