Forex Price Action

The worry is when pins don’t open/close within ptevious candle the previous candle high or low (what is known as left eye of Pin) can act as support or resistance and in this case support against us.

Please be aware I make posts in that charts in focus blog everyday. I do not take all the setups I post in there and also do not recomend anyone else takes everything posted in there. I am simply posting price action setups and what is happening in the markets to help people learn how things work on live charts.

Johnathon

A very retail trade.

Looks like it still has chance of rolling over and moving lower but not a great trade to make.

For some reason retail traders want to pick tops and bottoms of huge moves.

The recent move higher in this pair on the 4hr chart has been strong and long. Would it not be better to trade with this?

I really do hope it goes lower but in future if you persist with trying to picks tops and bottoms you will have a very frustrating Forex experience.

AUDCAD 4HR CHART

Johnathon

Thanks for your sharing.

Can you give me a link to open a free MT4 broker to study the chart?

Thank you again.

Hey jackof,

just take a look at the quote you included in your post. Its right there.

If you need a link to open a free MT4 broker please just message me as this is very easy. A few MT4 providers with these charts in demo are [B]FXDD, FXpro, Pepperstone, Axi Trader and HotForex[/B]…

I and some other people on this thread use Pepperstone.

Thanks for the reminder John. I will go back to earlier pages to revise again.

Hey all,

what’s your opinion on GBP/JPY Daily Pin bar? It’s quite obvious, also rejecting 128.00, however it’s against recent upward momentum but price has rejected a few times around this level so it’s sign there are some bears in there.

Hello guys. A question to the bigger guys here or any1 who might think they can provide me with an answer.

Been reading up on the thread, and making progress with my trading. But I wonder, do you only trade one or two
sessions which you are comfortable with at a given time of the day, or do you always keep it open, kinda checking in if
there’s any good signals even though you’ve “finished work” for the day? Seing that I have a job, im lurking in and out
whenever I have the time, and therefore I spot signals at some weird times like 11 o’clock in the evening GMT+2 (CET).
Is this like a NO-GO time to trade, since most of the market is “off duty”, or is a signal still a signal no matter the time?
And if a signal pops up late friday, do you wait till after the weekend?

All the best, and ride safe!

GN

Also looking at this, but in TF H4, which also statet short. But as I’m asking in my recent post, I’m not sure if it was a good time to take a trade, seeing that i’m on a shorter TF. But still, looks good on the daily from a newbies perspective. :slight_smile:

GN

NZD/JPY D1 was formed this PB, now another candle open and i will try fall with him, i put my SL on my resistence line.:33:

Hi Bel,
My observations on this one -
Pin nose not quite 3 x Body
Bar closed right on Support ( funny how we each can see S&R areas differently - lol :22::p)
Higher High just made

You are right that the present direction is up and also that this area recently has shown to be where the bears are lurking. My main worry would be the 127.00. This to me is an unknown and if I have to start guessing whats going to happen , then I will have more fun sitting on my hands ( & Money -LOL ). Happy trading my friend.

I’m favoring this GBP/JPY trade. I understand it is counter-trend trading, but in this case where a pair is ranging and the range is clear and distinct I do not mind trading. The resistance level has proved to outmuscle the bulls in the past, and on trades like this I monitor them closely and also set my TP levels instead of letting them run to lock in extra profits. Wanted to post my chart for any other takers.

Greetings GN ,
Johnathon has a strong view on comparing TF’s. If you are watching the H4 and a very strong PA forms showing high probability of success - then take it. If we start watching different TimeFrames to try & get confirmation , more often than not we will either convince ourselves not to trade or will miss a good set up while we are evaluating. Also , as newbies , it has been suggested that we concentrate only on the DAILY charts until we have the rules for engagement in our sub-conscious.
I too am new to this Price Action Trading and it really does take longer than a few sessions to see what the market is trying to tell me. I am nearing a point where I can recognise A - A+ signals but still a wee way to go to join the A+ club ( LOL ):44:
Welcome aboard
Meadsie

Hi BD - Hows things going lately.
My 2cents says I am getting stuck in a bit of a Range. Price has made HL and LH which shows me a bit of squeezing up - I am happy to wait for the explosion to come - either way will be fine by me :stuck_out_tongue:
Cheers

Hi Bigd,

I will be on this one too but I set my entry point slightly lower to get more confirmation. I will be watching this one closer as well and right now am setting close to about 1:1.5R on this one. Since those are little bit more risky I will not get greedy. :slight_smile:

Hope it works out.

puzon

Haha, it’s not even funny that you say that. It defines me! I’ve done that ceveral times switching from TF to TF and just totally missed out. But luckily that’s behind me now.
The daily TF matter is actually a good tip, since it looks more neat and tidy in a way.
But concerning the daily TF, is it possible to keep trades open during weekend(different from broker to broker perhaps)?
And again, do you have one session like the london session you trade, or do you take the trade no matter what time of your local time it occurs?

Thanks, let’s hope i’ll keep my feet dry for now. :smiley:
(If you feel we’re getting kinda off topic now, you could reply to me by email. Just wanting the favour of every1’s opinion) :slight_smile:

GN

10% …

anyone else care to tell …

What do you mean by 10%?

10% of pa candle

ie if pa candle is 100 pips… entry would be 10 pips away…to get stopped in

The analyzing and eventually entering trades is being making (not sure about these tenses :30: ) after NY daily candle close so it’s just once per day.