Forex Price Action

What do u say guys?
Btw i dont see a thing on daily chart

Actually thats the exact case with EURUSD rightnow … Lot of bars at the resistance level looking like a Engulfing pattern (EURUSD)
if price ever breaks the strong resistance level back from september and retests the support i will enter long.Looks like going short is risky at this time.As i write this price is tryin to break the resistance

My thoughts too, it looks like a strong enough rally to break the resistance.

Long setups likely on the jpy pairs??
REtesting of support
Gbpjpy, Nzdjpy , usdjpy

That chart is not NY close right ? This is what I see on 4H. Not good enough PA and on daily it wasn’t formed after big enough swing high

Yes they are not NY close.I was just eyeballing some charts and saw this .

I think once and for all people let us know what brokers have NY closing candle please lol

A list would be nice.

The ones I know of: Alpari and FXCM

Yesterday discovered this website that lets you register for free wich also has NY Close charts https://www.tradingview.com

Here you go

FXDD
FxPro
HotForex
Pepperstone
ATC Brokers
Tradersway
Go Markets
Vantage FX
XeMarkets
FXCM- Trading Station Platform
Axi Trader

If you are not sure go to my myfxbook-brokers spreads click on a broker from the list and then click the spread for a particular pair if it says GMT+2 it is NY close.

Page 1, post 1 has always had this list.

I think Alpari is only when it is not daylight savings as they never use to have NY close. FXCM I believe it is only Trading Station that is NY close, MT4 is GMT+0.

Thanks,

It just seem to many people where getting confused.

Ps once again thanks for the teaching it has helped loads!!

Now that you are online
let me ask you a question jfox
What do you think about yen related pairs i posted on this page
Another thing is that on EURUSD 4H today near 1.3100 there were some patterns that looked like Bearish engulfing ??, as you can see now price is exploding to the september’s high. 1.3175
Awesome thread by the way , 1st anniversary is coming soon :smiley:

Ha! no u neednt answer that question abt yen pairs i just read post 335 thank you

FinFx is also NY close.

Russ

Hallo KKV,

You placed an order on a candle that had not yet closed…

Hallo Winner,

Even in a situation where a pin is valid, do you think it’s a good idea to take it when it’s formed right under resistance? (where price could turn)

[ A+ : area comes first, then the signal ]

Hallo raj,

Not a trade-able setup in my opinion for two reasons:

1. Did not close strong ( strong close = decisive momentum + show of strength by bears )

2. Even if it would have closed strong: its high has been taken out => setup is invalidated.

PS: Multi-timeframe analysis will confuse you. I know it sounds counter-intuitive, but when looking at the Daily, don’t worry what the Weekly is doing. Some PA practitioners don’t agree, but Johnathon’s method works just fine like that.

Cheers

EURUSD: resistance broken; looking for longs (after pullback to old resistance/new support).

Same scenario for GBPUSD.

Cheers

I am new to this forum and since want to learn how to trade. Was looking at AUD/NZD and it has formed a pinbar on daily. Any thought about it would be appreciated. Was thinking to place a pending order under the pinbar and target the next lower swing at about 1.24 level.
I’m using a demo account :slight_smile:

A closser look to the pinbar is here

Julian

Julian,

There is nothing about that chart that makes it a valid trade per this thread. We are here to help but you must first put in some effort by reading the first part of this thread. 50 pages is normally recommended. If you have read them then you need to reread and take notes.

Remember it’s not a race to get through those pages. You need to understand what is being said. We get people here all the time who said they read the first 50 pages in a day or 2 but you can tell they were not getting what was being taught.

Russ
Tucson, AZ