Forex Price Action

Hi Russbryant
Perhaps it would have been a good set up for this tread if the PB was formed to that support level, to show that it was rejected.
I posted the set up because I thought that the support was broken and than retested from the downside as resistance.

Thank you for your comment
Julian

Yeah thatā€™s a very good idea dudest!

All I wish is a pullback on any trending pair confluence with support and any PA siginal.

The hardest part of Price action is waiting for the setup show up and discipline. Itā€™s not even understanding the strategy.

Hi guys. I been trading with price action for a while. Sadly to say, its not been quite successful for me. Seemed to profit some trades initially only to lose them afterwards. Wondering if it is my choosing of trades being too lenient or have i done wrong somewhere. Really hope the more experienced peeps can provide me some adviceā€¦

I so totally agree waldmann! I looked through my trading journal yesterday and some statistics (myfxbook). Interestingly, the months I entered the market most often (15+), most losers appeared pulling me down to red.
Only this December, 4 entries so far, 3% ahead.

Just wait for cherry to pick it up, high probability trade, usual low risk % and ride that trend!

PS. One problem I noticed with myself - I tend to get overconfident and overtrade loosing more than I earned after a winning streakā€¦ crepe!

Andā€¦ make yourself a favour - donā€™t set yourself any targets, like ā€œ5% return a month minimum, etcā€ - it makes you overtrade. If itā€™s there, take it, if not, donā€™t you even think pushing it! :slight_smile:

Fil.

1 Like

Post your setups up and ask for questions. Makes it much easier to help when can see what you are doing.

This is a great pint. We can only take the trades that appear and making targets to hit will just create over trading and taking trades that are not there to take to try and hit targets.

Hi All,

First time poster. Thanks for this thread. I have been trading for just over a year. I went through the usual nonsense of attempting to trade the 5 min charts, then when that didnā€™t work. I went to the higher time frames, but added the usual glut of indicators: bollinger bands, donchian channels, MAs. You name it.

Iā€™ve followed this thread for a while now, and really like the style of trading - price alone - makes a lot of sense.

Anyhow - Iā€™ve come to follow the H8 / H12 & Daily Charts. Anything beneath that level is a bit noisy, and I donā€™t want to be tied to the screen all day.

Hereā€™s a couple of my trade ideas for this coming week.

usdjpy - will this uptrend continue? If do, it could happen like this?

&

euraud - perhaps the downtrend is set to continue?

Lets see how these go.

I like the idea of catching a nice run on the 8 hourly- more profit in less time,lets see how it goes though.

Excellent thread so far - Iā€™ve learnt a lot here.

Hope the charts look OK?

JPY crosses are in an interesting position at the moment. If you zoom further out on the USDJPY chart, youā€™ll see we pushed off an previous point of resistance. I donā€™t exactly understand how to trade it at the moment, but I do know that volume shrinks a lot this time of year and a reversal is not out of the question. Iā€™m taking a warier than normal approach.

Anyone experienced with these kinds of things mind elaborating on their approach for the Yen situation?

Not particularly experienced but my approach would be to watch the key levels and trade any good signals that appear :slight_smile:

big gap on ej and gj

HI everyone first post looking for a move up then retest and wait for price action would this be correct

Hallo scott, and welcome!

Yes, that would be correct :slight_smile:

Hallo Julian,

That pin would have been a good setup if formed at a swing high after a pullback; in this case it is formed at a swing low.

Hope the below (edited) chart helps make it clear.

Kindly also read this article by Johnathon; will help a great deal: Price Action That Sucks Traders Inā€¦

Cheers

Hello Dudest,
To continue the posts you posted Iā€™m looking EURNZD on H4 timeframe and waiting to see it it will form some kind of pinbar at the current level. Thanks for your coments

Yup, that would be a great area to look for bearish PA ( bearish pinbar/engulfing bar/2-bar reversal)

Cheers

hello guys i have two questions regarding s/r lines again:

1. If there was a resistance at certain level (letā€™s say 1.3060) and price break through it sometimes ago then now PA forming a pin bar as if this 1.3060 IS now a support, do you consider it as a RBS already? Or you need that level to form a support previously before you consider it a RBS? (resistance become support) I mean do you need the price to ever bounce back as support there before you consider it as a RBS or we take it even if itā€™s the first time it becomes a support level?

2. Do you draw resistance lines that have been long enough to never been touched? For example recently i drew 1.3214 as a resistance in Euro H4 while actually last time it hit that level was back in April 2012. If the answer is yes, please let me know how long do you ā€œscroll backā€ to check on s/r level, is it one year back or when?

also did anyone took out GBP/USD D1 trade at 13 december?

it looked like it was rejecting at 1.6183 but then i didnt take the trade because the engulfing bar didnot look convincing. Fortunately i was right. but just wondering by this method should you take it?

Personally Iā€™m not so sure it would be a good bet. Looking at the daily this pair has been ranging since Aug and hasnā€™t broken out of that yet.

Hey im looking at this USD/CAD trade let me know what you think? its on a down trend just waiting for bearish candlestick formation to form

Look to trade with obvious up-trend in place and with an eye on key pullback areas of support to enter at valueā€¦

USDJPY DAILY CHART