Forex Price Action

Is that what pips meant? That he took an IB breakout?

I trying to work it out.

By the way it is great post but very late . No good posting when trade is over.

On the other hand we probably would have knocked the trade and possibly kept out of a winner.

ST,

Johnathon

I know it is late to post my trade. I just related my trade to one of your followers. But this trade is a breakout strategy which involves 2 daily IB before the breakout. This is the first time I tried this trade. And this is the first time I was able to recognize and familiarize myself with IB. I have running pips of 111. Meaning trade entered before 2013 and is not yet closed . I already moved my sl to 83.10. Im hoping to target around 84.5 or 84.8. Im sorry if I got you confused. Happy New Year and May we have a Prosperous Trade!

It is a valid pin bar. At a valid swing high. However with NZDUSD I go for long. And yes I am contemplating on closing my trade because of that PIN BAR.But since I have a plan I follow my plan. Until it touches my SL.

A productive and meaningful 2013 to all!

Cheers :)!

Sorry mate. I was just driving, board and pulling your chain.

I was waiting for you to say the same thing to me as I obviously only rarely post live trades in BP as not fair to members.

Yes I am aware of what breakout and also DIB breakout trading is. I also trade break outs and also continuation, just not in here.

ST,

Johnathon

Hi johnathon and bygjj
I also traded NZDUSD long , i closed it for 106pips
Even though its a demo account,feel bad about my AUDNZD Short trade
I dint know jan 1st was a holiday, forgot to keep TP on Dec 31st itself. i was sleeping when it went to 150 pips , closed it for 80 pips .
Johnathon i have sent to u a PM please check.

What do you guys think about Audchf ,
I know its ct trade and small pin , took it anyway on 28th

Why? This comment goes against everything that is taught in this thread. Im not saying that it was or wasn’t a bad trade but you obviously didn’t rate it yourself and took it anyway!

Yes i agree i need to make a decision b4 taking a trade. If you dont want to take the trade , what would be the reason
is it because of the small pin(i think) or the overhead resistance from mid october . im asking because some ppl take ct trades even though there is barrier very close in btw their entry /target ? like the last Gbpusd pin bar (ct)trade

Maybe don’t follow advice blindly.
He teaches similar stuff to what Jon teaches and you can’t get 100% of trades right all the time.

If I followed advice from sites in regards to trading opinions all the time I would have to stay away from every internet site including Babypips!

Take it on the chin and Man-uP!

possible PA CADCHF , EURCAD

Usdcad , any thoughts on this guys??

Any chart set up for trade?

My initial decision was to don’t take the USD JPY trade and I didn’t take it even after I read that commentary. Now I realise it would have been a huge mistake to enter that trade.
I explained in my previous post why it isn’t similar stuff. Price action is similar but there are some important differences.

Hello Scott,

sorry this one got missed but please do not go making the thread messy by bumping it.

Okay so to answer your questions; yes you could have played it by waiting for it to break the level you highlighted. The trend has been higher so to go long is the best way to look at this pair. If you were to short at the level you pointed out it would be a very cramped trade. There would be no space and would be trading back into traffic. Because of that and the trend, to go long would be my choice decision.

Now for me I want something else again (because I am picky). I am wanting to see the recent highs taken out before going long. I need to see this level broken and closed out before a retrace lower back to the old resistance/new support to get long. This way it will be with the trend and also with space to move into. See chart;

GBPUSD DAILY CHART

Hi traders and happy new year. I want to ask you something and if someone can explain me will be great :slight_smile:

On the first pic (AUD/CAD daily) there I fenced I not see nor pin bar, or Engulfing Bars what shoud be in that case the signal that the price will go up (how we see)? This is important for next time when I see such a chart.

On the next pic (CAD/JPY daily) I would ask you, we see that we have gap so how to proceed now? To wait for pullback to the ressistance level (now is support) or? How you proceed?

On third pic (NZD/USD) again we have up but again I can`t see pin bar or engulfing bars??? The signal that price will go up in this case is? And after that again gap… maybe pull back or continued to upper support line? Hire someone may say that I have 2 pin bars (the red and green candles) but to be valid one pin bar the body has to be min. 3 times smaller that the wick?

hey yall

Here is a 4hr AUD/USD chart we have previous support acting as resistance, waiting for the candle to form before entering.

Please let me know what you think.

Any help from seniors would be very helpfull!!

Happy trading guys

Howdy dude

As you would have read by now, take note of the preceding bars up to the PA bar, remember you want the PA bar to stand out, not preceding bars sticking out like a sore thumb. So ask yourself, if you get an average size PA at that level, will it stick out and say, SHORT ME PLEASE???

watching it right now, still 3 hrs till candle close
take a look at Eurcad h4

Yea very true I will look to see if something substantial turns up, it will have to be a good solid candle before I trade it!

What would you say if a nice pin bar is the next candle?