Forex Price Action

AUDNZD H4:

EURNZD H4:

USDJPY Weekly (order forgotten, activated today):

Hi dudest, referring to your AUD/CAD 4H chart you wrote: "waiting for PA to go long"
Why didnā€™t you consider the 3 PIN bar formed in the last 6-7 bars as a valid long signal?
I like those PINs, especially the last twoā€¦
Many thanks

Come on Dudest up your game, you missed one :slight_smile:
GJ 4hr candle closes at 6pm BST - 2 hours from now.
Possible target being a return to the trend-line.

Pablo

Hi Lucariga,

I didnā€™t consider them decisive enough, i.e were not big & obvious, esp given the size of the bars preceding it (or the size of the bars forming a 2br at the swing high preceding the last 6th pinbar)

The 6th pin for me did not also have a well-formed body; would have liked it to be toward the top end of the bar. It seemed to have a minor effect in the next period, but i think thatā€™s as far as its influence could go.

Cheers

Hi Pablo!
Thanks :), was just about to post a quick heads-up that all the JPY pairs seem to be forming reversal signals at the H4 (some better than others). 2 more hours to the close of the candles, letā€™s see how they formā€¦

Cheers

Thanks mate, makes perfect sense,

Just on another note I personally l appreciate the reply from yourself even though Iā€™m not a member of your course (though I think I will be pretty soon)
The fact that you are willing to help us out freely within this forum speaks volumes about your character.

Dipak

Hi

Firstly I would like to thank Johnathon for sharing his knowledge and basic trading methodology on an open forum. Iā€™m sure Iā€™m not alone in saying that I have learned alot from this thread.

I have been silently following this thread for about a week now and could not help but take up dudestā€™s challenge of contributing to the discussion.

I just have a couple comments on the charts that dudest posted. (Please note I am no expert on price action trading so I would appreciate Johnathonā€™s comments as well).

1. As far as A+ trades are concerned my interpretation is that they are candle confirmations at support or resistance going with the trend. I was looking at the GBP/CAD chart that dudest posted. Would the higher probability trades not be to wait for resistance to be broken and retested before going long as we are in an uptrend? (like the 2 trades in the past week)

2. Similar comments for the AUD/CAD chart. Would it be more prudent to wait for a support break and retest before going short as we are in a downtrend?

3. Looking at the EUR/NZD chart, price has just broken out of a reverse head and shoulders pattern on the daily. The easy trade that has passed would have been the long earlier in the week. Would the easier trade not therefore be to wait for resistance to be broken and retested before going long?

1. USD/CHF: Also waiting to go short.

Iā€™m looking to see if I have the basic concepts down so would appreciate feedback on my understanding.

Thanks

nice read hereā€¦

i think today we have some buy option on aussie pairsā€¦G/J and silver look nice tooā€¦we will see

Every night i read posts hereā€¦

Thank for nice site, Johnathonā€¦many useful info is there!!

Thank dudest for H4 chartsā€¦maybe i will start that tooā€¦but for now i like daily

:slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Ang to the best of my knowledge Dudest isnā€™t a member but myself and Spongy are and thatā€™s it.

But at the same time can we just move on from this whole membership fixation that you have? If you are interested in joining or have some questions just send Johno an e-mail direct, his e-mail addy is on his site.

If you want the opinion of someone who has joined just PM Spongy or myself, otherwise can we just stick to talking PRICE ACTION on this thread yeah?

That is what this thread has been designed to do. Cheers :slight_smile:

I donā€™t mean to come down too hard on you but we really want to keep this thread from getting derailed by other things.

Nice 4hr pin bars formed on many jpy crosses personally I decided to take the Usdjpy
Gbpjpy pin bar looks like its working better but the size of the body threw me off that pin
Eur jpy and Usdjpy formed cleaner pins IMO
Usdjpy rejected the support level I had whereas eur jpy didnā€™t quite so therefore took Usdjpy

Hi Alienonweed, nice to see you taking the challenge and posting in this thread!

Re: The EUR/NZD Personally I think you were probably right not to take a long trade earlier in the week. Price has been in a very strong downtrend and you wouldā€™ve needed to see a really big PA signal to trade against it.

However the zone you have highlighted on the Daily is very relevant and price has now broken it. Personally I would like to see it rotate up a bit more before coming back down to test former Resistance now (hopefully) turning to Support with a nicebig PB or BUEB. Please forgive me but the little blue sticks are representing candles and the general pattern I would like to see play out.

Thatā€™s a nice spot to play from Dipak and with a good strong trend. Just be aware of that short term Resistance hovering overhead to your left and manage your trade accordingly.

We never know how things will work out but I hope this turns into a winner for you!

Thanks Bhops, I personally only play 4hr trades off daily s/r and this PA is rejecting this level nicely. Plan is to move SL to BE once FRA has been reached

Just keep in mind a Pin Bar needs to have a nose 3 times the size of the body. So GBPCHF weekly is not yet a pin bar.

Johnathon

I normally donā€™t like making a trade so late in the week but thought I should start participating so dudest isnā€™t so lonely.

I placed a buy order above the break of the pin on the AUDUSD. Second retest of support. Pin bar formation. My first TP will be the 1.046 level.

Any feedback would be great. Sorry the pic looks a bit tight but I need to get going for a date with my wife and donā€™t have time to redo.

Good Trading!

Stopped out on Usdjpy 4hr pin other jpy pins look like they are still in play.

Took the short on USD/CHF on the break of the low of the double pinbars. Banked profit once the initial profit target was reached.

Hi!

GBPCHF D1: The setup looks good to me, but only if it can break past the marked intra-day swing point

XAUUSD H4: I think this may have a good chance of climbing up if it can decisively break above the marked intra-day swing point

Hi Alienonweed ( interesting name :slight_smile: )
Appreciate your comments on the graph I posted. Iā€™m also no expert but will reply to your comments as best I can.

1. As far as A+ trades are concerned my interpretation is that they are candle confirmations at support or resistance going with the trend. I was looking at the GBP/CAD chart that dudest posted. Would the higher probability trades not be to wait for resistance to be broken and retested before going long as we are in an uptrend? (like the 2 trades in the past week)

Youā€™re absolutely right, that was one scenario of how it could go (break resistance, then pullback to test if it is support)
The reason i only posted the one half of how it could go is because I had earlier marked out the level on the Daily chart, and i noticed itā€™s been struggling to break this resistance. So i was thinking if this time was no different, there was a high chance it would want to go short. However, if it does break resistance, I will also look to do as youā€™ve described.

1. Similar comments for the AUD/CAD chart. Would it be more prudent to wait for a support break and retest before going short as we are in a downtrend?

Again, i was thinking in same logic as GBPCAD above. Level earlier marked on Daily. Price has struggled to break this support a number of times. If all factors constant, was seeing it wanting to go long. However again, if it did break support, would be looking for it to pull-back and look to short.

1. Looking at the EUR/NZD chart, price has just broken out of a reverse head and shoulders pattern on the daily. The easy trade that has passed would have been the long earlier in the week. Would the easier trade not therefore be to wait for resistance to be broken and retested before going long?

Once again :), same explanation as above.

1. USD/CHF: Also waiting to go short.

USDCHF is acting weird! (in my opinion). Seems to be in some sort of range where support is being found around 0.9020 region. Had hoped it would fire off something decisive (if it did earlier, i donā€™t see itā€¦ ) Letā€™s wait and seeā€¦

Iā€™m looking to see if I have the basic concepts down so would appreciate feedback on my understanding.

Thanks

Glad to have you alongside is the PA learning & trading journey :slight_smile:

Cheers!

Comments on the USDJPY weekly two bar reversal?

Johnathon