Forex Price Action

Thanks for the correction Johnathon

Dudest,

my chart on UChf might help explain the price action?

Pablo

Bummer about that dude :frowning:
Iā€™m in the weekly 2br trade (order activated yesterday), avoiding trades in the daily,h4 (as per earlier hard lessonā€¦ )

Hi Johnathon,

My (graphical) comments as posted yesterday (already in the trade )

=====

USDJPY Weekly (order forgotten, activated today):

Thanks dhopp :slight_smile:

I placed a buy order above the break of the pin on the AUDUSD. Second retest of support. Pin bar formation. My first TP will be the 1.046 level.

Any feedback would be great. Sorry the pic looks a bit tight but I need to get going for a date with my wife and donā€™t have time to redo.

Good Trading!

Actually, the pic looks good!, canā€™t wait to see how (what you consider) your good pics look like :slight_smile:

Your pin looks better formed than mine (see chart below).
For my pin, I did not take it because it was not big and decisive (esp the body); this is considering the big bars before it. Also, the lows of the preceding bars (underlined in the chart) worried me. However, it did form at a great area!, so it wonā€™t be surprising if it goes up to 1.046. May it work out for you!

Cheers!

Goodstuff :slight_smile:

PS: whatā€™s with the EMA? :slight_smile:

Hi guys!

What do you think of this? NZDJPY Weekly
( my intentions are to short below the close of the BEEB/2BR, and look for longs when it hits support )

PS: Iā€™ve written ā€œBEEB/2BRā€ coz even though the bearish bar is engulfing the previous bar, it did not close within the last one-third of the bar. However, at the very minimum, i consider this to be an A+ 2BR.

Comments most welcome!

Its just a 100 EMA. Initially I was burnt by a bad habit of trying to short an uptrend and buy a downtrend so I plonked the 100 EMA onto my charts and decided I would only go long when price was above it and vice versa for short. I donā€™t really use the EMA, it just serves as a reminder to go with the trend.

I donā€™t trade the weekly charts but IMHO, the entry point is a break of the candle low and not the close level as explained inā€¦
Forex Price Action - Live Engulfing Bar trade on EURUSD | Forex School Online

Pablo

awesomeā€¦ I like it

Some great articles here about trading psychology, going through them one-by-one:
Pipsychology - Forex Blog: Psychology of Forex Currency Trading

A great weekend to you all.

Itā€™s not been the first Iā€™ve been stopped out by a couple of pips. It happens now and again. Most important thing is I managed my risk and only risked what I was comfortable losing

Hey guys

Nice to see new guys posting. Sorry iv been rather busy and hopefully next week will have some more time to post.

Cheers all

You entered before the low was taken out? This for me needs to break lower before lower price are likely. It is sitting right on a support level that is holfing prices up. If this breaks then entries in my opinion would be a lot safer.

Great to see so many new posters.

Safe trading and I will be back around posting charts over the weekend,

Johnathon

Hi sir,
I am newbie in price action trading. But I am highly interested. I am getting bored with indicator trading system. I think indicator basis trading is so subjective. But I feel objective trading in price action.

I have read already all of your previous posts. I have got many ideas about price action.

Will you help me to learn price action trading ?

If yes, can you give me answer of my some questions ? I need them to clarify from you sir.

My questions areā€¦

1. What should I have to learn for price action trading ?
  2. How can I place stop loss ?
  3. How can I place take profit ?
  4. For exit, Do I have to stay in front of the chart ? or, when can I take decision to exit ?
  5. What time frame are best for price action ? I have heard that D1 is best. H4 can be used ?
  6. If I trade intraday chart, Should I mix some tools more to confirm ? If yes, then Please remark them.

Thanks in advance. I hope you will teach me from deeply. I am waiting for your answer.

I dont think Johno is here to show you how to use your station Shining, we all had to learn how to place entries, stops, limits ect by ourselves.

When It comes to learning price action, from my personal experience signing up with Johno would be your best bet, if you cant for any reason I would say follow this thread and try learn.

Cheers and good luck

Hi Shining

Trading daily time frame is the best way to start. Open a demo Acc. with Pepperstone or Fxpro they uses NY Close charts, Practice with MT4 demo, on how to place orders with stops and t/profits in place, Play around with your MT4 charts and learn how to place support and resistance lines (horizontal only) , learn how set up profiles for your major pairs that you want to trade and go through all the free stuff at Forex School Online. This will take some time, but is worth the effort when you need answers to problems, quickly just Google and use you-tube there is lots of stuff to show you how to set up MT4 charts. Looking at 4 hour charts is ok especially trading demo and learning PA, you must know Mt4 inside and out and show yourself to be constantly profitable on demo before risking real money, you will require a trading plan and money management strategy, to build yourself a small business, a good mentor is essential.

AMBO

Heads-up:

USDJPY H4: 2BR @ swing high:
-> IMHO: Entry: 10pips below bearish bar low
-> IMHO: SL: 10pips above bearish bar high
-> Plan: 2 entries: TP1 = 82.40, TP2 = 81.90

Hey dudest

I would agree with your S/R levels, unfortunately I dont see that as a 2BR reversal.

As Johnothan would also say, Im not saying that it will not go down, and by the looks of it you almost at your first target.

Have a look at the chart below and the size of the PA.

Cheers

Hi all,

Firstly, I would like to say a million of thanks to Johnā€™s effort in giving out excellent guidance and help to PA enthusiast!

I have been following this thread since last week and just finished reading from the very beginning to the last post! It was indeed eye opening thread and definitely it is going to be my turning point in my trading journey!

I would like to participate to discuss PA with you guys here. The AUDUSD caught my attention but Iā€™m unsure if Iā€™m having proper PA interpretation. Below is the chart with S/R plotted and my PA interpretation:

As you can see that this particular currency pair has been in bullish trend since Novā€™11 until it reached the major resistence level (somewhere 1.0850) - the red line. The bullish trend is losing steam as it faced difficulties in breaking through the resistence level and it starts moving downwards and forming lower lows. This could be signal for potential trend reversal from bullish to bearish.

However, Iā€™m having dilemma at the moment where:

(a) Iā€™m not sure whether I should wait the price to break through the support level (yellow line) and wait for retracement to rejoin the new downtrend on any PA at swing high. And as per the Johnā€™s teaching, we should always trade with the trend for higher probablity of winning.

(b) Iā€™m not sure whether should long this pair as you can see that there is 2 bullish pin bar formed on support level turned from resistence level (yellow line). These two bullish pin bars formed at support level could be signals for long as it could be (i) reversal bullish pin bar at swing lows of previous uptrend & (ii)they are obvious and BIG

Looking forward for your guysā€™ views on this.

Thanks.