Forex Price Action

Hi mate,

Not sure what potential set up you are even referring to as there isnt anything even close according to this strategy.

Resistance level could be dragged down a bit to the BRN 5200 or even below that slightly

support could be higher, again to include the previous swing low as well. It is very relevant as the whole world will be watching given its significance

point 4 - couldn’t agree more! If people would just stick to trend trading their results would improve no end

Furthermore, the candle close is now above the closed resistance to the left.

What bar is engulfed? :slight_smile:

I see what you’re getting at when including the wicks. I suppose I should have put it that the open and close of the previous bar is engulfed :slight_smile:

Reading through the thread and I have come across the below a couple of times and I’m really struggling to understand it.
Can anyone help?

Hi guys, sorry to ask this question again. But I need ur reply for further learning.
NZDCAD H4 , was this a good setup? I didn’t take the trade but need to know. Opinions Plz

Hi guys,
Need to know if I read the chart right or wrong ? Your opinions Plz .
This is a BEEB but there is previous traffic, previous long bullish candle. It is not A*setup ???

Waiting for this support to show a good PA sign here also. :))

Hi mate,
I don’t think it is engulfing bar. It didn’t cover the previous candle( including wicks) . What do u think?

Edit: sorry for putting my two cents thoughts :slight_smile: didn’t notice others said it first . Good day :slight_smile:

Yes I see what your reading is correct with the BEEB but you level is wrong , price is within a daily range so you should have your levels at the top and bottom of the range , yes there is traffic but if you look there are two levels within this range and you can trade as long as you look to take profit at the FSA and move to break even, but with the large bullish candle we could see a break to the upside of the range

Joffie

I believe it was a good trade but needed to be well managed due to the near term resistance 0.8520-25.
Aside the trade;
But why dint you take the trade?Was it because it did not meet your criteria for an A+ trade as per your plan?I can assure you as much as we are all PA trades here,how we enter trades,manage and take profit will never be similar.The emotions of entering and managing trades will differ from each individual.Hence if a trades meets your plan,go for it!

Thanks for ur reply :slight_smile:
So ur advise is to wait and see what action would happen because of the long bullish bar. Right?
Are these levels right? Do they enclose the range ?

Yeah big green candle is worrying but worse for me is the strong support thats below. Those long wicks indicate lots of buy orders waiting down there and they are far to close

I see this as more of a consolidation than a range but your levels either side of the consolidation are ok. I would look for shorts at the triple top at the top of the chart

I appreciate your reply. Thanks .
Yeah, good question . I am too hesitant when taking a trade " coward may be :slight_smile: :slight_smile: "
The problem is , I don’t know the difference between 1) selling at a swing high, 2) not entering a trade at the bottom and the top . These two rules , are mentioned by Johnathon , but they always confuses me.
But It was a good setup if managed well as u said. I am still learning how to manage a trade and FRA , FSA .
Good day :slight_smile:

[ QUOTE=gehadeg;466733]I appreciate your reply. Thanks .
Yeah, good question . I am too hesitant when taking a trade " coward may be :slight_smile: :slight_smile: "
The problem is , I don’t know the difference between 1) selling at a swing high, 2) not entering a trade at the bottom and the top . These two rules , are mentioned by Johnathon , but they always confuses me.
But It was a good setup if managed well as u said. I am still learning how to manage a trade and FRA , FSA .
Good day :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah I’m getting confused with those 2 rules as well

Hi everyone) Yesterday i took the trade on NZDUSD 12H chart.The riskreward ratio is less than 1:1 but i took it as it looks promising and convincing.I had no idea about the non farm payroll news today but looks like it will work.

That,s how i planned to manage it

And just a few minutes ago both take profit levels got hit)

Thanks
Tahir

Dont you have higher high there ?

Yeah I’m getting confused with those 2 rules as well[/QUOTE]

I think Johnathon’s point of this thread is mainly the discussion of A+ setups which of course, have the trend in your favor. Of course ranging trades, countertrend trades etc are also part of PA, but that’s not what this thread is about. These kind of (consolidation) trades also have a lower probability of success and should be managed in a different way.

I bet NFP spiked a few people out,ouch.