Forex Price Action

Hi all. How about this pin bar on EJ 4H?

Heya,

anything to do with outside of this thread please contact me direct. Keep this thread on track and discussing price action etc

Sorry I have been really busy this week and if people really need something answered they can message me or email etc and I will get back to this quicker than a post hidden in between a million others.

Johnathon

Who cashed in on the AUDUSD daily Pin and if you did how did you play it? Are some still holding? or did you skip it and if so why?

I gave it a miss personally but worked out great all the same for those that took.

AUDUSD DAILY CHART

Did not take it.
Now there is a pin favoring the short side for this pair.
This pair seems undecided. Will stay out until direction is more clear.

I took it and still holding. Planning to close it at the top of the huge range.
But moving my stop to BE when it breaks the previous rally somewhere at 1.03625

First of all, I would like to thank Johnathon and his team including bhops, spongybob and all others for taking the time to help newbie price action traders here. As for me, I have been trading demo for 3 years and live for past one year. I use a combination of Nial Fullers, Johnathon’s and my own price action set ups and has greatly benefited from this thread. I have to admit that my chart setup and trading style has started to resemble johnathon’s more and more with each passing day (got rid of the the last indicators on my chart, the 8 and 21 emas some time ago). Thanks again guys. You are doing a great great job :).

I took the set up above and took profit on half the trade at first resistance. I then moved my other half stop loss to break even. Then i committed a mortal sin. when price shot up, i tried to act too smart and moved my stop loss up to 1.02250, below a pin bar on the 1 hour chart at an intraday support level (but at a swing high instead of a swing low). Needless to say I got taken out there. Though I ended up with profit on both trades, I could have reached the second resistance area and took more profit if I had left my stop loss at break even or atleast if I had taken moved the stop loss up to another 1 hour pin bar which formed later at a swing low on the one hour chart. LESSON LEARNED.

I have no intention of shorting the not-so-convincing pin bar set up that has formed now as we would be trading into some major resistance. So it is watch and wait with this pair for me…

Hi johnathon)No need to say sorry mate and i marked my both posts as “OFFTOPIC” so new comers won,t get confused.

Hello johnathon) I had my S&R levels marked earlier but give it a miss because of the two main reasons.
1)It,s a counter trend setup.
2)The pin bar didn,t close above the RN of 1.0200
Well no one here talked about the RN problem what do you think johnathon about that?Did you consider the RN problem a reason to give this trade a miss?

Heya, no need to say sorry, just i am restricted with what I can see in here and a lot easier to tell you what you need in private.

ALSO SPECIAL NOTE: Charles and Deepak have messaged but left incorrect reply email address so i can’t get back to you both. Make sure if you email or message the address you leave for me to reply to is correct otherwise I have no way of getting back to you.

Johnathon

I know a lof of people took this setups and i know a lot of people who are out of it with very solid profit. Quite a lot of these large obvious spike pins on the AUDUSD that have worked quite well with the false breaks. I passed just because for the AUDUSD price has been really indecisive and choppy. Bobbing up and chopping all over the place and does not fill me with confidence for a sustained move either way.

As for the RN I am not as worried about these as they are everywhere and they are in play most days. If it was a VBRN such as 1.000 or a.0500 etc things may have been different but just another RN is something I take into account but will not normally keep me out of a trade like a VBRN may.

Hi guys,
Are these 2 RB ?
Is it a good setup? I feel hesitant because it is at the top . But this resistance area has been rejected at February .
So any opinions ?

Noted…Thanks for replying :slight_smile:

Hi Johnathon at the risk of being told to read the first pages again,could you clear something up quickely for me,Ive looked at your definition of pinbars but still not sure.If we look at this perticular pinbar,we notice it closes and opens within the combined wicks and body of the previous candle but not solely within the body itself.so Im assuming when its said "candle must open and close within previous candle this includes the wick ,is that right.Cheers.

Yea it was indecisive but still on a daily chart it was offering us minimum 100 pips that,s quity rewardy.And congratulations for becomming “FX-MEN HONORARY MEMBER”.I am the first one congratulating you))

So much great infomation here, thanks for posting.

Here is mine, potential long on USDCH, 4hr chart. Wait to see what happens at support

GBPUSD 4Hour

1. Probably not a an A+ set up due to NFP tomorrow.
  2. Not sure if Resistance is drawn in the correct place
  3. Not sure if the support line is relevant/accurate representation given that this is the lowest this pair has been in 2 years
  4. Trend is down so I would be looking for a pullback to resistance and then a reversal candle before shorting

However I’m unsure as to what resistance level the pullback would occur from given that LH are being formed

pg42

Correct (the wicks). So it basically has to close within the previous days price range

Hi Guys,

Heads up on what I think could possibly be an A+ or at least a B+ :). EURAUD on the daily. It has just launched with a nice bullish engulfer. Found some nice supportive candle at 1.268xx. Any input? I think a chart tells more than a 1000 words.

cheers for that