Forex Price Action

Hi everyone,

I have been reading this topic for a while. I am just a little bit curious and need some feedback on the following chart:

Would you guys consider it as a “2 bar reversals”? If yes, would it be a “A+” signal given that the near resistance is very near?

Thank you very much before.

GoMarkets is who I use for MT5 and also some of my live trading as they carry indices futures as well.

No trade for me due to the following reasons:

1. overall trend is down. I don’t trade against the trend
  2. close to next resistance at 0.9380

However, I will watch for PA reversal at 0.9380 level and go short

How do you know when it is against the trend or its pullback continuation?
Thanks.

Because the trend is down and there is strong resistance at 0.93616, so from that i would be looking for shorts, but i dont trade this pair :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s a very good point. IMO, I zoom out the chart and definitely the overall trend is downward
But I admit that sometimes it’s hard to tell
Maybe Johnathon and any other expert can lead us to the right path

Thanks for your view. I realized about the downtrend in this pair.

Some of you take this trader on UsdJpy? We have confirmed PB, support level and uptrend…

Hello LydiaH, I did explain about my view of uptrend and downtrend in post #7985, page 799, pls comment

3 excellent articles+video by Mr J Sensei (aka Johnathon) on [B]how the market moves[/B] and [B]how to read the price action story[/B]

1. Price Action Guide to How the Market Moves
    Price Action Guide to How the Forex Market Moves | Forex Trading Lesson | Forex School

2. High Probability Price Action Trading (putting together trends & key levels)
    High Probability Price Action Trading

3. Reading the Price Action Story
    Reading The Price Action Story

Soak it up, and you’ll be sorted once & for all

Boy that was quick Dudest. Johnathon only put that first article up tonight! Even though it is new that one is by far and away my fav as covers everything I have seen and kept looking into, but did not know exactly what it was if that makes sense…

Now I know what it is I can I have been staring at it and not using it even though I could see what and how it was going to happen. Sorry if this does not make sense, but thanks for putting them up for me mate.

Thanks Dudest.

with gold trending and the AUD following suite. this looks like a continuation of the downtrend of the
1.0376 S/R

Nice explanation, thank you.

Almost every JPY pairs have that pattern, but I did not jump on board because of the following reason:

• it happened during the opening of Asian market, which is low in liquidity and I remember read somewhere in this topic that Jonathon did much of his intraday trade during the European and American market (somebody correct me if I am wrong)

You are most welcome Gabby!

@Now I know what it is I can I have been staring at it and not using it even though I could see what and how it was going to happen: know what you mean!, makes alot of sense :slight_smile:

Hi All another of the majors update here:

The EUR/USD has been in a tight consolidation for the past three days with intraday ranges of about 100 pips
between 1.3030 and 1.3135. A break to either side out of this consolidation zone is likely to lead to such a big move.
A break on the upper side characterized by increased order flow may open 1.3278 and 1.3400 as potential targets.
On the downside 1.2760 remains quite a realistic target.

Yes but pairs slanted to Asia can be traded during Asian session and JPY is one of these if it is paired with something like AUD or NZD etc

I don’t often watch charts during Asia sessions at all so even if something did form I would miss it!

Thank you for your information.

Opinion on pending USD CAD 4 hour short

Hi all,

I have an order pending to short USD CAD 4 hour based on 4 hour 2BR at swing high.
I believe dominent trend direction is down and size of the PA is good.
I have an order to sell at break of “2BR low”
Any opinions on this one?
Thanks
Owen

Hallo Owen,

IMHO, the 2BR is not at swing high…

Also, USDCAD H4 = choppy choppy

Cheers